Lineup 2018

7 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

It’s better than going from Premier League to League 2 in 16 years and being ran into the ground by your owners who won’t sell.

That is very true. In fact when I first started going in 2002/03 we gained promotion from the Conference to the Championship within 5 seasons, and in the only two seasons we didnt gain promotion we won the first Johnston's Paint Trophy and reached the quarter finals of the League Cup, knocking out Man City and Villa (3-0) on the way, and losing on penalties to Arsenal in the QF after taking the lead twice and bloody Gilberto Silva equalising in stoppage time of extra time.

After that we had 4 seasons in the Championship followed by relegation to L1, promotion to Championship (won league one with the last kick of the season in the entire division), relegation to L1 (relegated with the last kick of the season in the entire division), one mid-table league one season, relegation to L2, promotion to L1.

So between 2002 and 2017 I've seen us promoted 5 times (twice in the play offs including beating Leeds at Wembley to reach the second tier for the first time in 50 years), relegated 3 times, won a trophy and had a QF League Cup run.

Shouldn't complain really :P Not sure why I even bothered to write this post but I'm bored.

Actually it was @Jack w's boys we won the league over with the last kick of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

That is very true. In fact when I first started going in 2002/03 we gained promotion from the Conference to the Championship within 5 seasons, and in the only two seasons we didnt gain promotion we won the first Johnston's Paint Trophy and reached the quarter finals of the League Cup, knocking out Man City and Villa (3-0) on the way, and losing on penalties to Arsenal in the QF after taking the lead twice and bloody Gilberto Silva equalising in stoppage time of extra time.

After that we had 4 seasons in the Championship followed by relegation to L1, promotion to Championship (won league one with the last kick of the season in the entire division), relegation to L1 (relegated with the last kick of the season in the entire division), one mid-table league one season, relegation to L2, promotion to L1.

So between 2002 and 2017 I've seen us promoted 5 times (twice in the play offs including beating Leeds at Wembley to reach the second tier for the first time in 50 years), relegated 3 times, won a trophy and had a QF League Cup run.

Shouldn't complain really :P Not sure why I even bothered to write this post but I'm bored.

Actually it was @Jack w's boys we won the league over with the last kick of the season. 

We got from bottom of league 2 to premier league in 6 years.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I’ve never even witnessed a promotion haha, just three relegations. I was however at Wembley back in May when we beat Oxford to win the Checkatrade Cup, that was a massive deal for us as we rarely have anything to celebrate. Currently 3rd in League 2 so If we make play-offs I’ll dedfo been down at Wembley again.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Watch Positive Tension from Glastonbury 2009 on YouTube.

I’ll do that right now mate.

7 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I dunno, do we know if they are putting out music as a duo or are they just doing effectively a b2b set??

Kygo has fallen off a lot tbh, could see him just being a stronger dance headliner like Fatboy Slim this year. I have Shikari, Post Malone and the Kooks (who tbh could swap with wolf alice, but i think if Wombats are playing that may be tpo much late 00s indie on the main)

EDIT: Ahhhh shit it just loaded 1 page + of new replies RIP me

Kygo has mostly sold out the O2 hasn’t he? If you’re right I think he’d still be an NME headliner.

And I dunno but I guess even if Silk City was just a b2b DJ set it’d probably headline NME. Ronson is obviously massive and Diplo is pretty popular at R+L. Wonder what this thing will sound like as they’re both coming from quite different places musically.

1 hour ago, Alfie Clayton said:

ANy chance of a announcement of an announcement next week?? Gotta feeling

So I looked at the download announcement , and that was on the 6th November and download starts 8th June. If the gap between announcements is the same time period as the gap between the festivals, our first reading announcement should be Monday 22nd January 9am. Hopefully earlier though!

30 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I’m not really too in the loop with what’s going on with the new V festival but with their new poppier sound on the new album  are Paramore a possibility to play there instead of R&L? 

Nah even though their more recent music is poppier I still don't think they appeal to the right audience. They're still probably listened to more by people who like Twenty One Pilots and BMTH than people who like Justin Bieber or Jay-Z.