Lineup 2018

6 hours ago, Edduk98 said:

I hope its not too long :( 

Definitely keeping their options open with ‘early 2018’! It’s an ambiguous time that they could justify as being any time between now and March, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up that’s its imminent just yet 

16 hours ago, Aech said:

Chances of Tenacious D subbing someone like Foo Fighters? They've got another album out next year and it would have been ten years since they last played. 

Not very high in my opinion, one of those bands that would want to play a higher slot than the festival will give them. There’s probably a reason why they haven’t played in 10 years! 

11 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Not very high in my opinion, one of those bands that would want to play a higher slot than the festival will give them. There’s probably a reason why they haven’t played in 10 years! 

Tbh though like most who have seen them think....once the novelty is done that's it. Was them in 2008 at Reading and was great, they didn't even get above 3rd when playing Download after and tbh it wasn't great and bit....we've seen it and minus the robot.

11 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

Day tickets are usually released once each day has a headliner. Not when all acts are announced.

They're changing their announcement date by pushing it a month later than December - so maybe they'll change the strategy too ? If there's 3 very big headliners they might do what they did for download and do the headliners Monday, Wednesday Friday of the same week at 9am then announce some more acts like a month later and build up. Tbh the download headliners were all huge (gnr are probably the most successful rock band ever, ozzy only uk show on his last ever tour, a7x one of most talented metal bands with huge uk fanbase) so I think they'd need huge ones (The likes of foo fighters, Kendrick, green day, Arcade Fire, AM, Radiohead or a huge reunion like MCR, Strokes, Smashing Pumpkins)for reading and a very srong coheadliner with royal blood or just a 3rd headliner outright. 

48 minutes ago, R Shah said:

They're changing their announcement date by pushing it a month later than December - so maybe they'll change the strategy too ? If there's 3 very big headliners they might do what they did for download and do the headliners Monday, Wednesday Friday of the same week at 9am then announce some more acts like a month later and build up. Tbh the download headliners were all huge (gnr are probably the most successful rock band ever, ozzy only uk show on his last ever tour, a7x one of most talented metal bands with huge uk fanbase) so I think they'd need huge ones (The likes of foo fighters, Kendrick, green day, Arcade Fire, AM, Radiohead or a huge reunion like MCR, Strokes, Smashing Pumpkins)for reading and a very srong coheadliner with royal blood or just a 3rd headliner outright. 

Avenged Sevenfold are smaller than anyone who could potentially be headlining R&L this year. Royal Blood are streets ahead of them in popularity.

5 hours ago, Jack w said:

tHaT mEaNs ThEyRe CONFIRMED AT READING!!!1!1!1 ANNOUNCE ARCTICS ALREADY. !   (insert Alex turner gif)

Hard to tell if the that's the Sponge Bob font for you saying it's not happening or you feel it's logical playing the festival. Personally I think it makes no difference as they would do a UK rather than Overseas however it does give another element of doubt as it's another festival who hasn't booked them but who knows, European Festival exclusive, one can dream.

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Hard to tell if the that's the Sponge Bob font for you saying it's not happening or you feel it's logical playing the festival. Personally I think it makes no difference as they would do a UK rather than Overseas however it does give another element of doubt as it's another festival who hasn't booked them but who knows, European Festival exclusive, one can dream.

Hhahah I was just taking the piss out of the Arctics nazis on twitter as they’re so determined that they’re playing no matter what’s thrown at them.

in actual seriousness yeah it could happen even though the chances seem slim, all we’d need would be a bit of luck and a release of the album in the first half(ish) of this year 

12pm uk time today governors ball lineup comes out so we can find out if Green Day are playing and if we were right about that clue. If Green Day are announced we’ll have another serious contender for a r&l headliner. Kind of slim chances but we’ll see.

EDIT

12pm today, got the day wrong as dental pointed out.

0AE7D0EF-EB46-428F-A304-B20BC27B2253.jpeg

Edited by Jack w

8 minutes ago, Jack w said:

12pm uk time tomorrow governors ball lineup comes out so we can find out if Green Day are playing and if we were right about that clue. If Green Day are announced we’ll have another serious contender for a r&l headliner. Kind of slim chances but we’ll see.

0AE7D0EF-EB46-428F-A304-B20BC27B2253.jpeg

Today, init?

I hope they're ruled in for you dude, but then I also hope they're ruled out for me. :P

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Today, init?

I hope they're ruled in for you dude, but then I also hope they're ruled out for me. :P

Shit yeah you’re right 5 hours ago was before midnight there, today at 12. 

And Yeah fair enough I know a lot of people aren’t in to green day but I think they’re albums such as kerplunk, dookie and nimrod are incredible but I do also like their newer stuff too which most people are against. Revolution radio was a quality album imo. Yes the uno did tre trilogy was shit but Green Day know that themselves and Billie hates the songs so they never play any of the songs off those albums live. Seen them live twice and for me they put on an incredible show both times and I’d love to see them again.

Edited by Jack w

Just now, dentalplan said:

Is there any form for ‘album in full’ sets from non-headliners? They do seem likely now tho given they were a fixture once upon a time.

Also I think any Diplo project nowadays stands a good chance of appearing at R+L.

NFG did Sticks and Stones in full a few years ago on the Main Stage (well, they tried but ran out of time). 

Get Gaslight third down on Main playing 59 Sound in full.