Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Jayvk said:

I think they played 6th main last time didn't they? I'd say high end NME if not FR headliners.

They played high end NME last time (subs until RTJ switched day). I had thought FR headline too but that was on the presumption they’d be getting shitty slots from now on, when - having thought about it - they’re headlining smaller festivals alongside mid-Main acts.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They played high end NME last time (subs until RTJ switched day). I had thought FR headline too but that was on the presumption they’d be getting shitty slots from now on, when - having thought about it - they’re headlining smaller festivals alongside mid-Main acts.

Yeah I realised it was the other way round,that they played NME last time and might play main this time,once I posted it haha. Yeah taking that into consideration, they could easily do 5th,6th or even 7th tbh on main.

Edited by Jayvk

5 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Yeah I realised it was the other way round,that they played NME last time and might play main this time,once I posted it haha. Yeah taking that into consideration, they could easily do 5th,6th or even 7th tbh on main.

Fair one. I would agree and say 6th main or 5th if they cheap out on the undercard... so yeah, 5th.

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Starting to think now they might get a better slot than FR headliners. They headlined that Neighbourhood Festival in Manchester a couple of months back alongside Rat Boy and they’re headlining Live at Leeds alongside Circa Waves, and those were mid-main acts this year. So maybe like NME sub or 5th/6th main then?

Aye I've been thinking the same too, but if they played the NME or main stage again it'd be pretty much the same places they've already done. At least FR headliner would be something different, and they've had the odd bigger FR headliner in the past i.e. The wombats. Think they'd do well headlining the stage against Foos.

2 minutes ago, polnico said:

Hello everyone, been reading this for a while, finally decided to join you. I'll start with a question, even though The XX are headlining all points east earlier in the year, do you think they might play R+L?

Welcome!

I think there's very little chance The xx will be at R&L next year. Not sure if they're meant to be exclusive or not to APE, but even if not I think there's lots of other acts that R&L would try and get before The xx.

If the impossible happens and Oasis reunited for RandL would you like that? I mean if they did they are no where near how they was but tickets would sell because of the nostalgia and the event of getting back together. Despite not having the same effect what a coup it would be and set. I mean I doubt it 99% not going to happen but the scenes if it did.

56 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

If the impossible happens and Oasis reunited for RandL would you like that? I mean if they did they are no where near how they was but tickets would sell because of the nostalgia and the event of getting back together. Despite not having the same effect what a coup it would be and set. I mean I doubt it 99% not going to happen but the scenes if it did.

I’m not quite sure what this is saying, but a reunited Oasis would be bigger than ever. 

5a46965ebf3b0_ScreenShot2017-12-29at19_22_55.png.39b81ce5f202d099a353c249327d8772.png

Looking at Foo Fighters dates both arguments can be backed up:

1. They will play as nothing is in August, would fit nicely and have a break before continuing America.

2. Why would they leave America to go to the UK only to go back to America.

Overall I feel its fits well and this evidence supports them playing, I am sure those American dates could have been done in August and there is no reason to lose a month unless they had something big like a Leeds. 

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

5a46965ebf3b0_ScreenShot2017-12-29at19_22_55.png.39b81ce5f202d099a353c249327d8772.png

Looking at Foo Fighters dates both arguments can be backed up:

1. They will play as nothing is in August, would fit nicely and have a break before continuing America.

2. Why would they leave America to go to the UK only to go back to America.

Overall I feel its fits well and this evidence supports them playing, I am sure those American dates could have been done in August and there is no reason to lose a month unless they had something big like a Leeds. 

I mean they came over for a flying visit to play a room in Frome so I don't think they'd mind flying over for two headline slots.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Enter Shikari just retweeted a tweet about them being nailed on to headline R&L. Think thats a hint? Obviously not for that slot butt i know a lot of people had them headlining the NME, and I know Shikari have leaked stuff about them playing festivals early previously....

Oh yes please. I know a lot of people don't like them but I quite like their last two albums. They seem like they'd be insane at an NME headline slot.

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

5a46b735501d7_ScreenShot2017-12-29at21_43_50.png.ec7b0aa37f0029fac2f69e4622609407.png

Bit ago don't know if its been brought up but Courteeners seemed nailed on now. Ages ago but had the feeling anyway and seeing this pretty much confirms they are. Third down I think now? What do you think about them? 

I'm pretty sure this tweet is the reason a lot of people are predicting a Liam Fray solo headlining the FR stage.

Aye @Jayvk however I feel Courteeners are more likely as his tour late this year I felt was a one off due to demand. He is back with the band, writing an album feel this isn't solo.

Also I know its not going to happen as said on many occasions but this is a bold move putting his name on this and as he has links to the festival with friends I do not want to disregard his opinion. He keeps doing hints about Oasis playing. I am not believing it but certainly connotes to something. 

Only a couple I have seen saying this but Rob is someone I respect. Honestly I think its pro founded on that rubbish theory Dudey Rhino posted. Not many are saying it but, I hate to say it and be that guy, it could happen. 

Get it straight I doubt it massively and theres like a 0.00000001% chance!

5a46b8f405863_ScreenShot2017-12-29at21_51_14.png.2ba1696f2db97266f3a81156b00bbb27.png

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Shikari headlining NME would be set of the weekend. 

I can imagine. They really do seem like the type of band that would be way better in a tent, at night than 3rd down main stage or something. I missed out on seeing them on their last tour so I'd absolutely love this.

30 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

5a46b735501d7_ScreenShot2017-12-29at21_43_50.png.ec7b0aa37f0029fac2f69e4622609407.png

Bit ago don't know if its been brought up but Courteeners seemed nailed on now. Ages ago but had the feeling anyway and seeing this pretty much confirms they are. Third down I think now? What do you think about them? 

I really hope it is Liam Fray playing on the FR stage and not the Courteeners playing. I could do without them taking up a space high up on the lineup. 

• Like 1

Just now, CRW5252 said:

Has the possibility of MGMT been discussed? Their new single Little Dark Age is a banger. What kind of slot do you reckon they'd get? High on FR or Mid NME possibly? Last time they played they were 4th on NME and they haven't really gained any popularity since then. 

I think it was discussed a couple months back but no one really maintained thinking they were realistically going to play. I think 3rd,2nd NME was being thrown around a bit.

4 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I think it was discussed a couple months back but no one really maintained thinking they were realistically going to play. I think 3rd,2nd NME was being thrown around a bit.

Interesting, I guess their placement would partly depend on the success of their upcoming album. I assumed they wouldn't play higher than when they last played. It is hard to judge placement of bands at their level so it was a bit of stab in the dark. I think they would suit headlining FR. 

Just now, CRW5252 said:

Interesting, I guess their placement would partly depend on the success of their upcoming album. I assumed they wouldn't play higher than when they last played. It is hard to judge placement of bands at their level so it was a bit of stab in the dark. I think they would suit headlining FR. 

I might be a bit off with that but I'm pretty that's what were being said. Yeah they definitely seem like the kind of Nostalgic band that happens to have new material that could headline FR. I wouldn't be surprised if atleast one of the FR Headliners are MGMT, The Cribs or Reverend & The Makers. Can't think of too many more right now lmao.

Overall, I'd say yeah probably go down better as FR headliners than wasting a high NME slot on a band past it's prime trying for a resurgence. Could have a Wombats scenario here lmao.