Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I wouldn't speak too soon

I wouldn't count them out yet, still a lot of festivals they could still be announced for

It's hardly a coincidence that werchter, mad cool etc etc are all waiting on a headliner

If arctics were to come back why would they make their comeback gig in Belgium or Spain ? If its in 2018 they'd 100% either do it either r+l, Sheffield, an outdoor venue (knebworth, Wembley etc.) or they'd just go straight into announcing a full tour. After a 5 year wait for a show announcement it wojld be a bit of a disappointment if it was in Belgium or Spain and then UK having to wait the whole festival season to go past to see them considering they're probably the biggest British band.

Edited by R Shah
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Fair enough, literally just been looking at every single arctic monkeys website and forum all day for any news or rumours 

Dude you’re wayyyy too desperate for Arctics, have seen both them and the Foos live and in my opinion the Foos were MUCH better, and would much rather see the Foos at reading.

23 minutes ago, C14S said:

Dude you’re wayyyy too desperate for Arctics, have seen both them and the Foos live and in my opinion the Foos were MUCH better, and would much rather see the Foos at reading.

Oh man don’t get me wrong! Foos are like one of the best bands live ever!!! And I love them soooooo much! But arctic monkeys are my favourite band in the world! And for them to play my favourite festival well......

• Downvote 4

47 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Oh man don’t get me wrong! Foos are like one of the best bands live ever!!! And I love them soooooo much! But arctic monkeys are my favourite band in the world! And for them to play my favourite festival well......

Dude I’m just saying don’t get ur hopes up too much okay

27 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I had a dream that there was an announcement where it was Foos, Neck Deep, Run the Jewels, Creeper and someone else who I forgot

Also in that dream you had to pay 25p to access the announcement.

That is all I have to say

I hope they don't take that idea to the Dragons

Theyd make a total of .25p before that person posts the announcement on here and Twitter,ha ha

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

looking at Protomartyrs tour dates, they're in Europe in April/May, so looks like they may be more likely for later summer fest in Europe rather than earlier ones if they're here at all. Possible set on The Pit?

I think your tastes are starting to diverge from R+L. Welcome to the club.

Edited by dentalplan

15 minutes ago, C14S said:

Question for everyone, if Enter Shikari headlined NME, who would they most likely clash with?

In a world where Foo Fighters, Kendrick and RB/Paramore headline, and Shikari, Friendly Fires and The Streets headline NME (My prediction)I have them clashing with Kendrick. I hate that as i'd love to see them both but they'd be the heaviest NME head and Kendrick is the only non-rock headliner. 

I have Shikari against Kendrick, The Streets against RB/Paramore and Friendly Fires against Foo Fighters. Feel that's an even balance and nothing too similar on one night.

Edited by Jayvk
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, C14S said:

Question for everyone, if Enter Shikari headlined NME, who would they most likely clash with?

That is an impossible question to answer when we don't know if Enter Shikari will play and we don't know who will headline the other stages.

It would make sense for them to clash with a less heavy act on main but it doesn't always work that way.

48 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

That is an impossible question to answer when we don't know if Enter Shikari will play and we don't know who will headline the other stages.

It would make sense for them to clash with a less heavy act on main but it doesn't always work that way.

Well he said 'if they play' who would they 'most likely' clash with, meaning he doesn't expect a definite answer. I think it would be Kendrick

Edited by Steve1000
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Well he said 'if they play' who would they 'most likely' clash with, meaning he doesn't expect a definite answer. I think it would be Kendrick

That is why I answered with an indefinite answer. I was just making it clear it is impossible to predict at this point. I didn't mean to be rude if it came across like that!