Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They'd just have alt-J sub and Royal Blood headline outright if they needed somewhere to put alt-J. Given that you've just suggested Parklife and Bestival as options, they're not ready to headline Leeds.

They were thrown about as an early suggestion to coheadline with Royal Blood for this year (2017) but Relaxer came out and shat the bed. There's more chance of them headlining the NME than the main stage at this point.

There have been acts that have headlined Parklife and Bestival in recent years that also could (or have) coheadlined R&L too though: The Cure, Foals, Disclosure etc.

I agree that Relaxer has made them a lot less likely than they were, but I think perhaps the thought of RB / Paramore, Foos and Kendrick has become a bit too accepted now and something along the lines of an alt-J coheadline that no one was expecting could happen.

58 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

There have been acts that have headlined Parklife and Bestival in recent years that also could (or have) coheadlined R&L too though: The Cure, Foals, Disclosure etc.

I agree that Relaxer has made them a lot less likely than they were, but I think perhaps the thought of RB / Paramore, Foos and Kendrick has become a bit too accepted now and something along the lines of an alt-J coheadline that no one was expecting could happen.

The Cure are obviously quite different tho, plus Bestival was bigger then. And neither Foals nor Disclosure would’ve headlined R+L at the point where they headlined Parklife - Disclosure headlined Wildlife earlier in the 2016 but it’s their own festival so why wouldn’t they?

Anyway, i think those four are just the most reasonable options at the moment and that’s why they’re generally agreed upon - it’s bound to change again early in the new year. If there has to be a different coheadliner with Royal Blood then Imagine Dragons would probably be it, or even a grime act, but I don’t think theyll be choosing any old also-rans or else it will look weak as piss and make Royal Blood look weak as well.

Edited by dentalplan

Hi guys, been on this forum for a while and just made an account.

Seen this on a merch page for the libertines. Do you reckon there’s a chance of them co-headlining with royal blood in 2018? I know the last time was 2015 which is pretty recent, but so was Kendrick Lamar who seems to be a strong rumour, although this would be the third time in eight years which seems excessive.

I know they aren’t that popular on here haha, but what’s your thoughts? Thanks!

5DDEA658-A723-4543-BA0B-B7423F7E2FD7.jpeg

2 minutes ago, shammie1 said:

Seen this on a merch page for the libertines. Do you reckon there’s a chance of them co-headlining with 

Welcome :). I think there are quite a few UK festivals I'd put them at before Reading. With the sheer amount of acts available I can't see FR going for them this year but who knows?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shammie1 said:

Hi guys, been on this forum for a while and just made an account.

Seen this on a merch page for the libertines. Do you reckon there’s a chance of them co-headlining with royal blood in 2018? I know the last time was 2015 which is pretty recent, but so was Kendrick Lamar who seems to be a strong rumour, although this would be the third time in eight years which seems excessive.

They've drastically lost popularity since 2015. They will probably headline some smaller festivals like this year, so I'd keep an eye out for that :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

They've drastically lost popularity since 2015. They will probably headline some smaller festivals like this year, so I'd keep an eye out for that :)

They wouldn’t headline again, but they’d be a decent sub if they were happy to do so. Could be a reasonable shout as a strong sub to a smaller headliner? 

3 hours ago, Atomheartmother said:

not really relevant but what do you think the odds are for the prodigy being at reading next year?

Not veey good. They havent played since 2009 i think when they could have been booked any time since then. My guess is they would want to heasline and R+L doesnt want to give them that slot

51 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Not even a sub at all, if they did play (don't think they will) they'd be 3rd down I reckon. I can see them returning in a couple years as NME headliner 

Interesting how people on here think their stock has fallen that much- it was a massive deal when they played in 2010 and they headlined in 2015, not exactly that long ago! I guess the novelty has worn off. They would be a cracking NME headliner imo 

3 hours ago, rfc_478 said:

Interesting how people on here think their stock has fallen that much- it was a massive deal when they played in 2010 and they headlined in 2015, not exactly that long ago! I guess the novelty has worn off. They would be a cracking NME headliner imo 

Yeah, I think that's it along with the fact their last album was pretty poor. It's a shame as they are great. Agreed, I think they would suit headlining the smaller tent rather than playing lower on the main stage. I doubt it will be for a couple of years though. 

4 hours ago, rfc_478 said:

they would absolutely smash an NME headline slot. That's the stuff dreams are made of.

2 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Idk if this means anything but just saw a poster for a festival called VODOO In New Orleans (2014) and arctic monkeys and foos all played.... just asking if this means anything or nahh

love to granny!! Xx

It means Arctic Monkeys and Foos both played at VODOO festival in 2014 :P

It doesn't make them any more or less likely to play Reading this year.

1 minute ago, CRW5252 said:

It means Arctic Monkeys and Foos both played at VODOO festival in 2014 :P

It doesn't make them any more or less likely to play Reading this year.

Fair enough, literally just been looking at every single arctic monkeys website and forum all day for any news or rumours 

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

some of your posts seem like parodies sometimes

I'm convinced someone's trolling sometimes.

As much as I'd like Arctics to play it just isn't looking likely. Looking at old festivals won't help or suggest anything haha. At this point you're just gonna have to wait for official info from the band or the first lineup announcement.

Edited by Jayvk

32 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I'm convinced someone's trolling sometimes.

As much as I'd like Arctics to play it just isn't looking likely. Looking at old festivals won't help or suggest anything haha. At this point you're just gonna have to wait for official info from the band or the first lineup announcement.

I wouldn't speak too soon

I wouldn't count them out yet, still a lot of festivals they could still be announced for

It's hardly a coincidence that werchter, mad cool etc etc are all waiting on a headliner

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I wouldn't speak too soon

I wouldn't count them out yet, still a lot of festivals they could still be announced for

It's hardly a coincidence that werchter, mad cool etc etc are all waiting on a headliner

If only Wertcher, Mad Cool etc. weren't at the complete other opposite end of the festival season. If anything Arctics playing those fests make them less likely for R+L.

The best fests that share the most acts with R+L are Sziget (2 weekends before) and Pukkelpop (1 weekend before)

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

If only Wertcher, Mad Cool etc. weren't at the complete other opposite end of the festival season. If anything Arctics playing those fests make them less likely for R+L.

The best fests that share the most acts with R+L are Sziget (2 weekends before) and Pukkelpop (1 weekend before)

Does it really work like that for UK acts though? Pretty sure in 2014 they played festivals in June, July and August

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1