Lineup 2018

37 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Ahhh yeah I get what you mean! Oh well, think he will play major gigs in cities??

You'd hope he will at some point. Probably not in the Summer but him headlining APE/Latitude and then coming back in the Winter or something for a few arena shows is probably likely.

Last time he toured, in 2014, he did Glasto and a few other European festivals in June and then came back in November to do arena shows in Leeds, London and Glasgow.

32 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Let's be real though foo fighters would come here for literally anything .  They came here to play a pub in Somerset to announce they're headlining Glastonbury and then they came for a one off show at the o2 which I went to! They love this country! 

As for the killers, they're 99% ruled out but I they finished their UK tour on 28th November, did some shows in the US and Canada and then came back to the UK to do 2 songs on the royal variety show on 19th December?! I'm a bit baffled as to why they would do that but yeah that means pretty much nothing - they're basically out of the running. Theyve done enough in the UK - theyll have played IOW, TRNSMT, BST Hyde Park, a 25 day arena tour, a Brixton academy one off show, royal variety show, Glastonbury secret set and 2 stadium shows in the space of 1 year and 3 months. Think it's fair to say they should book another band in at reading.

Yeah and Reading is Dave Grohl's favourite festival. I've no doubt that they'll come back over in August.

Didn't know The Killers did that but I guess it's massive publicity (ironically). Yeah they won't be at R&L; IOW itself rules that out, and like you say they've done more than enough here for there to be any point in them playing.

Hi everyone,

It will be our first time at Reading festival next year as we will come from France to enjoy our time there. 

Obviously we are looking at any rumours about line-up. I red a couple of the last pages and I have a question for you: do you think that with the fact there will be no Glastonbury nor T in the Park and a conditional new V festival next year, that could change the R&L festival traditional line-up chase? 

I mean could we see some more pop or R&B artist do you think? 

37 minutes ago, arthuragone said:

Hi everyone,

It will be our first time at Reading festival next year as we will come from France to enjoy our time there. 

Obviously we are looking at any rumours about line-up. I red a couple of the last pages and I have a question for you: do you think that with the fact there will be no Glastonbury nor T in the Park and a conditional new V festival next year, that could change the R&L festival traditional line-up chase? 

I mean could we see some more pop or R&B artist do you think? 

Maybe lower down, but almost certainly 2/3 of the headliners will be rock, and again probably 2/3 of the subs too. There is always some pop/rap/dance/r&b shit, but the main stage will mostly be rock

Quick Question for everyone, the pic posted on R&L's twitter&insta said 'Line up coming early 2018' - could this mean a whole line up announcement? If so then when would this be likely to happen??

Or is it still more likely to be three separate announcements given what they wrote beneath?

20 minutes ago, C14S said:

Quick Question for everyone, the pic posted on R&L's twitter&insta said 'Line up coming early 2018' - could this mean a whole line up announcement? If so then when would this be likely to happen??

Or is it still more likely to be three separate announcements given what they wrote beneath?

I mean, that is what they used to do pre 2013. If its a good set of headliners I could see that working as you need to sell a lot of tickets off one announcement. If they are weaker heasliners then Id imagine it would be better to split the announcements up

26th January last year we had:

2nd announcement additions
Kasabian | Two Door Cinema Club | Flume | Fatboy Slim | Wiley | Circa Waves | Jimmy Eat World |
The Amity Affliction | Rat Boy
First announcement
Muse | Major Lazer | Bastille | At The Drive In | Architects | Torey Lanez | Glass Animals | Against The Current |
Danny Brown | Andy C | While She Sleeps

This time round I think we'll get two of our headliners to try and shift weekend tickets quickly and to do so they'll go big. Foo and AM isn't beyond them and might be enough to sell out Leeds for the first time in years with the third headliner TBA in late Feb / early March.

I'm holding out for the two mentioned above and then a co-headline for the other part. Maybe any two of RB / Paramore / Kendrick / 30STM. 

15 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

26th January last year we had:

2nd announcement additions
Kasabian | Two Door Cinema Club | Flume | Fatboy Slim | Wiley | Circa Waves | Jimmy Eat World |
The Amity Affliction | Rat Boy
First announcement
Muse | Major Lazer | Bastille | At The Drive In | Architects | Torey Lanez | Glass Animals | Against The Current |
Danny Brown | Andy C | While She Sleeps

This time round I think we'll get two of our headliners to try and shift weekend tickets quickly and to do so they'll go big. Foo and AM isn't beyond them and might be enough to sell out Leeds for the first time in years with the third headliner TBA in late Feb / early March.

I'm holding out for the two mentioned above and then a co-headline for the other part. Maybe any two of RB / Paramore / Kendrick / 30STM. 

Kendrick won't be co-headlining. He'll be outright. Can't see what 30STM have done to deserve to bumped to co-headliner. They were more relevent when they last played and were subs. 

I agree that it looks likely we'll get two of the headliners in the first announcement.

• Upvote 1

Tbh I think its more likely we'll get it the way download does it, and grt all the headliners in one announcement. Foos and Kendricks tour will have sold out, Paramore and Royal Bloods tours will have wrapped up and Arctics still wont have any dates.

Maybe theyll announce other acts at the same time or tbh i wouldnt be suprised if they just left it at that, especially if they can get AM and Foos (though I doub that very much)

13 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Sounds like he's gonna be here early-mid Summer. Both Primavera (May/June) and Mad Cool (July) have heavily hinted at him playing there. If so he's very unlikely to be over in August, unfortunately.

Massive shame. Would have been great. I thought they'd be a reason I hadn't heard his name mentioned much on this forum.

2 minutes ago, mttJ said:

680cb1003d2a0a8feb9961b0309ec7fe.png

Got bored and decided to try one of these out.

Cage the elephant would be higher up right?? And pixies would probs be on the same day as Kendrick (who would probs be on the Sunday (foos on the Saturday) but looks good mate! 

Just now, mttJ said:

When it gets down to positions 4-11 I pretty much have no idea on placement. Can't imagine Kendrick would close Reading though, more likely to be Foos again or Royal Blood.

They tend to have the biggest headliner on the Saturday, now. I'd say ideally they'll have the biggest on Saturday, 2nd biggest Sunday, 3rd biggest Friday. This has defo been the case for the last two years. What makes you think Royal Blood would be more likely to close Reading than Kendrick? They're defo a much smaller deal.

Royal Blood, Foos, Kendrick, if that fits in with touring schedules, etc.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They tend to have the biggest headliner on the Saturday, now. I'd say ideally they'll have the biggest on Saturday, 2nd biggest Sunday, 3rd biggest Friday. This has defo been the case for the last two years. What makes you think Royal Blood would be more likely to close Reading than Kendrick? They're defo a much smaller deal.

Royal Blood, Foos, Kendrick, if that fits in with touring schedules, etc.

Only placed Kendrick there on the basis that it's where Eminem played both times, didn't take into account anything to do with size really. Always expected it'd be a rock band closing the festival though.

26 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Seen a few people put Don Broco high up on main. Are they really that big? 

The headliners (for main and nme) and subs all look possible. ADTR into Royal Blood would be banging 

Edited by CRW5252

27 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Swap All Time Low & The Hunna, Declan McKenna won't be that high, push Cage The Elephant up a slot, Nothing But Thieves wouldn't play that high I don't think, Don Broco maybe a slot too high, Lil Uzi Vert is a bit too low. 9 acts on main stage each day, not 11 as already said. NME headliners are realistic.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Seen a few people put Don Broco high up on main. Are they really that big? 

The headliners (for main and nme) and subs all look possible. ADTR into Royal Blood would be banging 

Don Broco most people agree will probably play 4th down or close the NME. Due to a coheadline, theyre also a pretty good candidate for that logo spot thats still a 4th down