Lineup 2018

4 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

I'm not an Imagine Dragons fan but I think we need to accept that they are easily big enough to co-headline. I think it is inevitable they will in the next few years (or even outright headline). They are certainly bigger than the likes of Paramore and Foals nowadays. 

Don't you dare 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah we've done all this before when someone was trying to suggest that Foals weren't a headliner and Imagine Dragons were. They have higher charting albums (not higher selling in first week, they released on better weeks I guess) before 2016, they're bigger worldwide, they had sold out O2 Arena prior to the 2016 festival yet Foals still headlined Reading and they didn't. I don't know how you can argue against a festival that already happened but they haven't shown any growth since 2016 and they'd be a shitty headline choice because they have no fans at all, not a single one.

They have at least 2 fans, I'm sure of it 

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Latest Coachella rumour is Weeknd / Beyonce / Eminem which sounds really fucking awful imo and also kinda confirms Arctics probably aint returning for fests next year. The only other place they are rumoured is Mad Cool right?

All the major June/July European festivals that appear to be waiting to announce a headliner, really. Mad Cool, NOS Alive, Rock Werchter, TRNSMT. 

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Latest Coachella rumour is Weeknd / Beyonce / Eminem which sounds really fucking awful imo and also kinda confirms Arctics probably aint returning for fests next year. The only other place they are rumoured is Mad Cool right?

TRNSMT, Tramlines, Rock Werchter, Nos Alive.

3 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Never thought I’d see someone compare an album to Relapse and mean it in a agood way ;) haha, nah I mean it’s all down to opinion really but a lot of people do feel that this is his weakest work to date, and I have to agree. At the end of the day, there’s a couple of okay tracks on there like Offended and Framed but I wouldn’t call them anything more than okay to be fair.

Haha not that relapse is my favourite but framed really reminds me of 3am. I agree that they are my favourite off the album too. By far not his best work but I like it more and more I listen to it. 

5 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Since 2016, they have released a new album that charted as well as 'What Went Down' in the UK and charted much better globally. They have two dates in the 02 at London coming up. The Foals never played venues that big in the UK, the same can be said for Disclosure.

It's a sad reality, but it is reality. 

Anyone can headline after than sack of shit did off of Wembley Arena.....that was just insane. But that's what you get with £60 tickets. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, CRW5252 said:

It's a long shot but is there any chance Jack White could play? He's releasing a new album soon and I'd imagine he'll be touring Europe for a period in the summer. 

Sounds like he's gonna be here early-mid Summer. Both Primavera (May/June) and Mad Cool (July) have heavily hinted at him playing there. If so he's very unlikely to be over in August, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

It's a long shot but is there any chance Jack White could play? He's releasing a new album soon and I'd imagine he'll be touring Europe for a period in the summer. 

NO WAY!!!! When did u hear this?! How’d I not know!! I’ve been begging all my life for white to play reading again!!! Missed it!!! Omg!!!!! That would be amazing! Co sub with royal blood????? Ngl if he plays Idc who else is on! Gimme one direction and JLS and of jack white is playing il still think it’s a great line up!! Would defo sell a lot of tickets!

• Downvote 6

54 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Arctics are defo hitting the festival scene next year

• Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

NO WAY!!!! When did u hear this?! How’d I not know!! I’ve been begging all my life for white to play reading again!!! Missed it!!! Omg!!!!! That would be amazing! Co sub with royal blood????? Ngl if he plays Idc who else is on! Gimme one direction and JLS and of jack white is playing il still think it’s a great line up!! Would defo sell a lot of tickets!

Well he's already released a teaser for a new album. He most likely won't be at Reading so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

35 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Sounds like he's gonna be here early-mid Summer. Both Primavera (May/June) and Mad Cool (July) have heavily hinted at him playing there. If so he's very unlikely to be over in August, unfortunately.

Why wouldn’t he play in August? 

4 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Why wouldn’t he play in August? 

Because American artists don't tend to spend the entire Summer over in Europe, or come over twice (you get the odd exception, but Jack White has more suitable options for UK festivals in early-mid Summer, anyway). A major American artist playing over here in early Summer will most likely not also play over here in late Summer. It's why we pretty much ruled out The Killers before IOW announced them and it's why 30STM look unlikely now.

Jack White will probably headline All Points East or Latitude or something.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Because American artists don't tend to spend the entire Summer over in Europe, or come over twice (you get the odd exception, but Jack White has more suitable options for UK festivals in early-mid Summer, anyway). A major American artist playing over here in early Summer will most likely not also play over here in late Summer. It's why we pretty much ruled out The Killers before IOW announced them and it's why 30STM look unlikely now.

Ahhh yeah I get what you mean! Oh well, think he will play major gigs in cities??

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Let's be real though foo fighters would come here for literally anything .  They came here to play a pub in Somerset to announce they're headlining Glastonbury and then they came for a one off show at the o2 which I went to! They love this country! 

As for the killers, they're 99% ruled out but I they finished their UK tour on 28th November, did some shows in the US and Canada and then came back to the UK to do 2 songs on the royal variety show on 19th December?! I'm a bit baffled as to why they would do that but yeah that means pretty much nothing - they're basically out of the running. Theyve done enough in the UK - theyll have played IOW, TRNSMT, BST Hyde Park, a 25 day arena tour, a Brixton academy one off show, royal variety show, Glastonbury secret set and 2 stadium shows in the space of 1 year and 3 months. Think it's fair to say they should book another band in at reading.

Edited by R Shah