Lineup 2018

14 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

It was - the rumour were that two of the headliners were Twenty One Pilots and The Chainsmokers. They're on a complete social media hiatus, so I think they'll be revealing a new album / single / comeback before they're announced for any fests. Looking at the acts announced I think The Chainsmokers and Twenty One Pilots would be suitable headliners.

Are the headliners not already announced in Gorillaz, Macklemore and Kygo? Don't know much about Frequency festival.

just looked up the clues for the Governors ball festival that dentalplan said green day have been rumoured for:

1. obviously its clue 12 that would be Green Day if it does turn out to be them, referring to the revrad album cover, and to me it looks pretty likely.

2. Agreeing with dentalplan again in that if they are playing any festivals next summer while not on tour, to me it makes them super likely for r&l as they haven't played in 5 years at this point and they love the UK, and in 2013 Billie said that it was "the best festival in the world" while on stage.

3. Also, there have been rumours that Green Day are getting right back into the studio to record a new album after their revrad tour which has now finished.(which I'm guessing if this was true would then be a 2019 release). Not sure how reliable that is but if that is the case then that would be another reason why they would play a few festivals including r&l next summer between albums.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 19.59.28.png

Edited by Jack w

25 minutes ago, Jack w said:

just looked up the clues for the Governors ball festival that dentalplan said green day have been rumoured for:

1. obviously its clue 12 that would be Green Day if it does turn out to be them, referring to the revrad album cover, and to me it looks pretty likely.

2. Agreeing with dentalplan again in that if they are playing any festivals next summer while not on tour, to me it makes them super likely for r&l as they haven't played in 5 years at this point and they love the UK, and in 2013 Billie said that it was "the best festival in the world" while on stage.

3. Also, there have been rumours that Green Day are getting right back into the studio to record a new album after their revrad tour which has now finished.(which I'm guessing if this was true would then be a 2019 release). Not sure how reliable that is but if that is the case then that would be another reason why they would play a few festivals including r&l next summer between albums.

Gotta say that this is a top PR stunt by them, gets people really involved and speculating whilst creating an immense amount of hype for the acts. Either 7 or 8 is the neighbourhood i'd say and one of them is probably radiohead. 

11 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Gotta say that this is a top PR stunt by them, gets people really involved and speculating whilst creating an immense amount of hype for the acts. Either 7 or 8 is the neighbourhood i'd say and one of them is probably radiohead. 

lot of people saying 12 is Radiohead but to me that seems way too obvious to be true and green day far more likely for that one.

And yeah i was thinking that, imagine if Reading did something like that, would give us so much to talk about, and uk twitter would be exploding as they all seem to love reading (theyd probably be predicting all 12 doors to be arctics)

Edited by Jack w
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jack w said:

lot of people saying 12 is Radiohead but to me that seems way too obvious to be true and green day far more likely for that one.

And yeah i was thinking that, imagine if Reading did something like that, would give us so much to talk about, and uk twitter would be exploding as they all seem to love reading (theyd probably predicting all 12 doors to be arctics)

What's great about these is there is nothing that's dead obvious that ruins the surprise, really good idea.

No. 6 could mean graduation which makes me think Kanye. This has got me excited and i'm not even going the festival.

52 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Surely if they had an album coming out in 2019 they'd be more likely to headline R&L in 2019?

Also would guess Jamie xx for 5?

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Surely if they had an album coming out in 2019 they'd be more likely to headline R&L in 2019?

Also would guess Jamie xx for 5?

true but was just guessing, was more making the point that rumours have it that they aren't taking a massively long break like usual.

Edited by Jack w

4 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Good shout, was thinking it could be radiohead but jamie xx would be a more solid guess probably. Who's won 5 grammy's recently? Probably the answer to #3

Adele won 5 this year. Dunno if she's active next year.

4 minutes ago, Jack w said:

was just guessing, was more making the point that rumours have it that they aren't taking a massively long break like usual.

Fair. If they do have an album by 2019 I reckon they'd be extremely likely to headline that year as I'd been struggling to think of both a marquee headliner and a heavier headliner and they'd satisfy both criteria.

Something like The 1975, Green Day, Kane would work well.

Edit: Okay Harry Kane headlining R&L

Edited by Gucci Piggy