Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

If you are buying a ticket this early you clearly aren't fussed about the lineup. Don't think it really matters if there has been one headliner announced or none.

Seems to suggest they are confident in being able to shift tickets without the contribution of the pre Xmas boost - and there must have been one, even modest, for it to have been a staple of the announcement schedule for the last few years.

18 minutes ago, WFD said:

Seems to suggest they are confident in being able to shift tickets without the contribution of the pre Xmas boost - and there must have been one, even modest, for it to have been a staple of the announcement schedule for the last few years.

Or that they have stopped it because it makes no difference. You can look at it either way really. 

I doubt the reason the announcement is later than usual is anything to do with their confidence in the lineup.

Looks like an announcement might be coming soon anyway...

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

Or that they have stopped it because it makes no difference. You can look at it either way really. 

I doubt the reason the announcement is later than usual is anything to do with their confidence in the lineup.

True - either way I tend to think that they are a big established company and tend to know what they are doing (I know big established companies, particularly in this industry, have made plenty of mistakes, but you know what I mean).

I'm really just trying to use this as an opportunity to speculate, and see if we can get the thread through a whole page without someone asking about the chances of Royal Blood playing.

If you want another act to speculate about, there's some talk of Green Day doing a festival (Governors Ball, if it matters) stateside, because of some clue thing. They usually don't tour for that long at all but if they are doing a smattering of festival dates next year then I can see FR jumping at the chance to get them in for Reading.

Hang on. Replying to the edit:

5 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Foo Fighters & Green Day? Doesn't feel like the type of bands they'd have in the same year anymore imo. P much the same as having Foos + Arctics in the fact that they're both main headliners.

I don't see why not with this either. Foos and Arctics could easily be in the same year. This year they had Eminem, Muse and Kasabian and they all seemed like pretty big names at the time, nobody could comprehend all three being there in the same year.

Edited by dentalplan

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't see why not with this either. Foos and Arctics could easily be in the same year. This year they had Eminem, Muse and Kasabian and they all seemed like pretty big names at the time, nobody could comprehend all three being there in the same year.

Really? i thought this year was pretty anti climatic with muse being being a bit hit or miss and kasabian being a bit past their sell by date now. Taking that from the reaction to the lineups on social media though which is probably the same type of people who want arctic monkeys to headline every year so not that reliable.

Feel like it'd make more economic sense to separate the years they play but you never know. More than happy with RB - Kendrick - Foos being the most likely headliners as it's a bit of a mixture, will probably benefit them more in the long run too. 

I always felt like Muse would have been a big get but were so far through an album tour it made it more reasonable to pair with Eminem. If they had just dropped an album or something then that would have been amazing, but anyone who really wanted to see Muse on this album cycle would have done so in the 2 years prior.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love Muse and think they're a great headliner whenever, but I dont think they were that big of a headliner for that reason.

EDIT: Compared to if Arctics and Foos headlined who would both be on the first summer of new album tours

Edited by Mattymooz

On 19/04/2017 at 2:14 PM, dentalplan said:

Tbf they're not gonna get Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys - the two biggest bands they could book - in the same year.

On 19/04/2017 at 2:22 PM, Gucci Piggy said:

I wouldn't really see it as that much bigger than Eminem and Muse. Eminem is probably a bit bigger than both and Muse a bit smaller. Especially if it's alongside a weaker headliner than Kasabian (ie. just Royal Blood on their own).

Of the two I could see Arctic Monkeys giving it a miss and just hitting up Wembley Stadium instead, although it may make more sense to hit festivals first and then stadiums the following Summer.

On 19/04/2017 at 2:27 PM, dentalplan said:

Those two on the launch of new albums would be much bigger than Muse at the start of a new tour, never mind the arse end of this one.

I think theres precedent of Arctic Monkeys doing big gigs (TITP, Finsbury x2) and Reading the same year so Wembley and R+L could work easily. Foos look to be doing what you say about festivals then stadiums the following summer, in my eyes, so I think they'll skip and perhaps do R+L the following year to end the tour. Works best way around for Arctics to do Glasto as well.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

I mean it's possible for views to change over the course of a year isn't it? I think they could book both now, but I don't think they will.

Also Green Day aren't Arctic Monkeys and will be between album tours. And Green Day headlined alongside Eminem last time. I don't see it ruling them out.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The sort of kids who would spend their Christmas money on a festival nine months away are obviously nerds and not the sort of people anyone wants at a festival.

me lol, bought in january after i got paid for a short film i acted in and muse and eminem were announced.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I mean it's possible for views to change over the course of a year isn't it? I think they could book both now, but I don't think they will.

Also Green Day aren't Arctic Monkeys and will be between album tours. And Green Day headlined alongside Eminem last time. I don't see it ruling them out.

Yeah tbf I don't think Green Day would be ruled out for that reason. They're defo not as big a deal as Arctic Monkeys.

Reckon they're more likely for next year if possible, tho. Struggling to think of a big rock band who seem likely for next year.

4 minutes ago, Jack w said:

me lol, bought in january after i got paid for a short film i acted in and muse and eminem were announced.

This is just proof that people who buy tickets in January don't care about the lineup.

Edit: Plus Eminem was the third headliner announced, at the end of Feb.

Edited by Gucci Piggy