Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

Can't believe The Kooks have managed to stick around to bore a second generation of school leavers but The Darkness are a 'who'.

Tbf I quite like The Kooks first album but nothing else, I really don't like The Darkness though, saw them live back in July. No thanks.

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I really don't like The Darkness though, saw them live back in July. No thanks.

They're a terrible band but their first album and the singles from it were so massive and inescapable, I thought at the very least they'd survive forever as a naff band enjoyed semi-ironically by people on nights out at Popworld. A Steps with guitars.

Edited by Zac Quinn
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Can't believe The Kooks have managed to stick around to bore a second generation of school leavers but The Darkness are a 'who'.

Ive seen the kooks live many times!!! they are probably one of the best bands ive ever seen live! tbh I think they where even better as a live act than when I went to see the killers or royal blood! plus they still have a huge following and keep making albums! they are amazing!

1 minute ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Ive seen the kooks live many times!!! they are probably one of the best bands ive ever seen live! tbh I think they where even better as a live act than when I went to see the killers or royal blood! plus they still have a huge following and keep making albums! they are amazing!

Okay I wouldn't go that far but each to their own. Idk they don't seem like the greatest live band to me, I've seen Royal Blood and they put on a great show, I struggle to see The Kooks of all people topping it. I mean fair enough, it's your opinion, but I just struggle to see it lmao.

Just now, Jayvk said:

Okay I wouldn't go that far but each to their own. Idk they don't seem like the greatest live band to me, I've seen Royal Blood and they put on a great show, I struggle to see The Kooks of all people topping it. I mean fair enough, it's your opinion, but I just struggle to see it lmao.

Royal blood where amazing but kooks had an Amazing energy! im a huge fan of both but the kooks are still very big and kinda underrated but everyones got their own opinions ;) xXx

56 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Royal blood where amazing but kooks had an Amazing energy! im a huge fan of both but the kooks are still very big and kinda underrated but everyones got their own opinions ;) xXx

Personally I've only ever seen The Kooks, Royal Blood and Shikari but out of those 3 The Kooks seemed to lack something that the other had. Maybe you had them on a good night or royal blood on a bad one? I tend to enjoy heavier stuff though so that's probably the main reason.

8 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Also didn't realise anyone above the age of 12 liked The Kooks until this new wave of posters in this section.

Actually didn't realise anyone liked The Kooks after like 2008.

Personally i’ve never really understood why still today everyone somehow seems to know and love the kooks, almost everyone I know went to see them when they were in Bournemouth the other week and lots of them aren’t generally even into music and gigs and that. 

They just seem a bit bland to me, not bad but not what I would say deserves to survive into a second generation

Edited by Jack w

1 hour ago, Jayvk said:

Every time you say ''lmao'', the R&L announcement gets pushed back a day.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, VCK said:

There's always a chance that whatever the new incarnation of V Festival will be, will get Kendrick.

I'm holding out hope for Arcade Fire either way though.

Currently Eminem is rumoured for Sziget (the weekend before V) so I would imagine they would get him over Kendrick. IMO Kendrick is more torn between Wireless and R+L, and I think its more likely he'd wanna come back late summer imo

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Currently Eminem is rumoured for Sziget (the weekend before V) so I would imagine they would get him over Kendrick. IMO Kendrick is more torn between Wireless and R+L, and I think its more likely he'd wanna come back late summer imo

He's got 3 arena dates in London already and the Primavera booker said he won't be in Europe until the end of Summer. Wireless is very unlikely.

I do really like Kendrick's stuff, especially his older work (GKMC is probably my favourite hip-hop album of the decade, although that's not hard), but I'd find it kind of an anticlimactic headliner. Im fully aware that's just me but this is just my opinion anyway. I'd probably watch him unless there was an amazing band on another stage but I'd just see it as a wasted opportunity to book a big rock band like QOTSA or Arctic Monkeys or Foo Fighters and so on. Like I said I'm not saying they shouldn't book him just that for me personally I'd prefer a band to headline. Big rappers have a place but I just think they're better suited to subs or other stages, like the last time Kendrick played R+L, but he's obviously way too big for that now.

edit: having said that I'd prefer him to Kanye (who I also sort of like but haven't heard great things about his show) or a few of the other rumours I've heard, like the 1975, My Chemical Romance or Green Day.

Edited by thelemon
  • Downvote 2

Can't help thinking that Reading will lose out on a lot of ticket sales if they put the announcement off til after Christmas, especially as a lot of kids would be getting their tickets as a present, but if there's no lineup then it will put people off doing so, if it's a new way to release it I can't see it being beneficial in any way... 

59 minutes ago, thelemon said:

I do really like Kendrick's stuff, especially his older work (GKMC is probably my favourite hip-hop album of the decade, although that's not hard), but I'd find it kind of an anticlimactic headliner. Im fully aware that's just me but this is just my opinion anyway. I'd probably watch him unless there was an amazing band on another stage but I'd just see it as a wasted opportunity to book a big rock band like QOTSA or Arctic Monkeys or Foo Fighters and so on. Like I said I'm not saying they shouldn't book him just that for me personally I'd prefer a band to headline. Big rappers have a place but I just think they're better suited to subs or other stages, like the last time Kendrick played R+L, but he's obviously way too big for that now.

edit: having said that I'd prefer him to Kanye (who I also sort of like but haven't heard great things about his show) or a few of the other rumours I've heard, like the 1975, My Chemical Romance or Green Day.

Really believe he would make a fantastic set despite myself not into rap.  He has catchy songs and would appeal to loads offering an alternative to the dominant Rock/Indie acts. He has come along way since his last performance at RandL and the atmosphere would be great when HUMBLE. and DNA. are on for the people who search him to listen to. 

Also the big act of AM or Foos means a big Rock/Indie act alongside debatably the biggest Rap/Hip Hop means it available to everyone shifting more weekend tickets so your not wasting a space since FR are not going to spend there money on two biggest Indie/Rock acts as they would spread it out over years though they might, who knows. I feel it will be a strong year though we have had disappointments in the past but I feel something big is happening because of the wait for the first announcement as there is no reason to wait if something was sorted whether its negotiation or someone has become available, AM? Something has to have happened to warrant missing Christmas sales and the fact that has happened could be a reason of waiting till after when money is available after Christmas or announcing it in full at a later date but one thing I believe is sure. There must be a reason for it. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

22 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Can't help thinking that Reading will lose out on a lot of ticket sales if they put the announcement off til after Christmas, especially as a lot of kids would be getting their tickets as a present, but if there's no lineup then it will put people off doing so, if it's a new way to release it I can't see it being beneficial in any way... 

At this point, most people probably have xmas presents already so I'm not sure it's too big of an issue...

Plus, I imagine most people who care about what the lineup is before they get a ticket will wanna wait at least till they know all 3 headliners so I'm not sure it matters that much

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

At this point, most people probably have xmas presents already so I'm not sure it's too big of an issue...

Plus, I imagine most people who care about what the lineup is before they get a ticket will wanna wait at least till they know all 3 headliners so I'm not sure it matters that much

Still teenagers will have money from Christmas and if the acts are big as suggesting then it wouldn't hurt having one for Christmas, though they won't because the window for the most ticket sales would have passed. Shame since I love a good announcement before Christmas.

• Downvote 1