Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

We don't have evidence for a lot of people having summer your dates, and they have new material since last time they played which is enough

I know they have material since they last played, I meant that lack of new material means them announcing dates for Summer 2018 in general is probably unlikely.

American band too, obvs, so they'd most likely only play if they were coming over for a bunch of festivals which I doubt will happen with their last release being September 2016.

At least the likes of Stormzy and Skepta are British and riding the crest of a wave atm so will probably try to milk it as much as they can (not that I think either will play).

13 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, I went cause £35 to see wombats + FF was great for me, and NBT are pretty dope too (Literally spent the whole of the rest of the day on the second stage lol). Left halfway through catfish cause I was bored lol. On the plus side I discovered Anteros at this fest

I ended up meeting fickle friends during Anteros!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I know they have material since they last played, I meant that lack of new material means them announcing dates for Summer 2018 in general is probably unlikely.

American band too, obvs, so they'd most likely only play if they were coming over for a bunch of festivals which I doubt will happen with their last release being September 2016.

At least the likes of Stormzy and Skepta are British and riding the crest of a wave atm so will probably try to milk it as much as they can (not that I think either will play).

They are embarking on a 15 year anniversary tour in the US next year which I'm sure will hit the UK/Europe at some point. 
Probs build a little bit of hype for them, but I do think Sub is a little high for ADTR tbf.
As much as I love them, didn't their arena tour not really sell all that well from what I can remember? Even with the amazing list of supports.

On another note, the Leeds Festival and Festival Republic Facebook page have created an event page for Leeds 2018.
Not sure if this is just a random creation or if they're preparing for an announcement?
I'm feeling like there's an announcement definitely on the way.

46 minutes ago, jcarb said:

They are embarking on a 15 year anniversary tour in the US next year which I'm sure will hit the UK/Europe at some point. 
Probs build a little bit of hype for them, but I do think Sub is a little high for ADTR tbf.
As much as I love them, didn't their arena tour not really sell all that well from what I can remember? Even with the amazing list of supports.

Fun fact: Everyone single one of those bands has had to kick out a member due to sexual harassment/being a nonce :thumbsu:

EDIT: Just remembered that back in like 2011 two members of ADTR were accused of some stuff as well. Deffo the nonce tour then

Edited by justanothername
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Why has this become a thing? No Summer tour dates and no new material since last year. Would be a weird sub to book.

Mainly imo just its been a while since they were last at R+L, and they dont really have any other UK fest to go to. Could see them doing like a UK/EU exclusive at R+L, and maybe tease some stuff from a new album out winter 2018 or something

Also I just really don't want it to be 21P if possible

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

R+L changed PR representation, and just as announcement scheduling changed last time they did that, they've changed it again.

Basically, a different announcement schedule is the only unique thing any PR firm can offer for their stupidly high fees.

Hadn't seen this in this thread but it would explain why R+L announcement format had changed.

13 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

IMO it's more of an issue in that these bands are probably the 2 biggest ticket shifters in the UK. A festival with Arctics or Foos is gonna sell pretty well as is, so why waste both on one festival when they could make 2 years sell really well. Also, I'd imagine both acts are very expensive, so they would probably have to gut the lineup massively if they go for both (tho admittedly Eminem and Muse were probably both pretty expensive last year)

AF won't be that expensive - they played BKS and INmusic last year which are fairly small festivals and the festivals they've announced so far are hardly enormous either. Just a guess but I'd say they were at least 50% cheaper than Eminem

they have made (their first r&l 2018 playlist)  - quite a weird playlist as most of these aren't even Christmas songs just random songs with little relevance as fire as I'm aware.

I doubt it has any links to an announcement or announcement date or anything just looking for anything at this point lmao.

also they haven't posted about it on social media yet at the time of posting this.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 13.57.45.png

14 minutes ago, Jack w said:

they have made (their first r&l 2018 playlist)  - quite a weird playlist as most of these aren't even Christmas songs just random songs with little relevance as fire as I'm aware.

I doubt it has any links to an announcement or announcement date or anything just looking for anything at this point lmao.

also they haven't posted about it on social media yet at the time of posting this.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 13.57.45.png

Read the song titles in order.

On 11/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, dentalplan said:

Arcade Fire's new dates just made them super unlikely, I reckon. My reasoning being that if they were to stay in Europe after the Scandinavian festivals they'd have to fill the time with stuff like Pukkelpop, Sziget, Gampel, Frequency and Lowlands. They've just announce summer dates (below) that cancel out four of those, and the other one - Pukkelpop - could be accounted for by the Belgian show they play in April.

Sorry to drag this up again but i reckon they might be likely to go to Summer Sonic after those Scandinavian festivals, which would take up another weekend. Think a few bands have done Europe - Asia - back to Europe in August over the last couple of years (Kasabian definitely did it last year) 

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Sorry to drag this up again but i reckon they might be likely to go to Summer Sonic after those Scandinavian festivals, which would take up another weekend. Think a few bands have done Europe - Asia - back to Europe in August over the last couple of years (Kasabian definitely did it last year) 

Kasabian were gonna come back to the UK at some point. :P But yeah I guess you’re free to predict that but it’s not tied to any dates at this point and they’d be coming over solely for R+L. Very unlikely imo.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Kasabian were gonna come back to the UK at some point. :P But yeah I guess you’re free to predict that but it’s not tied to any dates at this point and they’d be coming over solely for R+L. Very unlikely imo.

Well it's not like R&L is the only festival in Europe at that time available to them. Rock en Seine and Electric Picnic are on then too. 

Just now, Yellow_Fellow said:

i've not been paying attention

who's playing

Foos are looking 99% nailed on.

Royal Blood are probably either gonna headline outright or coheadline (I think they'll coheadline with Paramore).

Then the third is a bit more up in the air. Main names getting thrown about are Kendrick, Arcade Fire and Arctics. Personally think it will be Kendrick but AF wouldn't surprise me too much. Don't think there's much chance of AM but could be wrong.

Just now, DownboundTrain52 said:

Do Paramore have dates posted in Europe around this period? Otherwise, feel the co-headline speculation to be spurious at best right now.

(Watch them be announced end of the week to show me I know bugger all :P )

Paramore have never played European festivals around R+L. They’re just not that big a deal anywhere else but UK and America.

Don’t think that Paramore are really any more likely than Arcade Fire at this stage, there’s nothing to indicate that either will be this side of the Atlantic come August. I don’t think Paramore will co-headline either as they did so in 2014- I think they’ll either headline outright or won’t be there at all