Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH, that Friday on the mainstage looks pretty much ideal (even if it is 3 acts too many). Swap the top 2 for the saturday NME and ditch cabbage and we'd be set lol

Also hadnt even noticed NBT thieves there considering they are also headlining the FR stage on the same day apparently lol (which actually is a pretty realistic idea tbh, like The Hunna did last year)

the hunna only headlined FR? They didn't play anywhere else right?

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

the hunna only headlined FR? They didn't play anywhere else right?

Technically they did the Introducing stage as well, but I meant the poster I had linked which had them playing both slots (which obvs wont happen, but I hadn't thought of putting NBT on the FR which actually doesnt sounds like a realistic option imo)

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Fickle Friends fifth down the main stage? The Wombats and Nothing But Thieves third down? Suuure you "found" this. ;)

Was actually thinking what a fest with my top artists would look like, so using my top listened to this year on Last.FM i made this which surprisingly doesn't look too shabby imo (but is obviously skewed cause of new music)

Only addition was Bad sounds which only had 17 scrobbles but I didnt have anyone better lol

predictionMOOZ.png

Edited by Mattymooz

5a2ee082cbc29_ScreenShot2017-12-11at19_45_34.png.d251ad7112d16460e969af78bc4100f7.png

Could see something like this, Courteeners seem like a coup for most festivals and feel they will support the headliner actually now. RB and Paramore seem a fairly decent prediction at the moment though RB could headline its just a matter of opinion of FR.

Arctic Monkeys seem increasingly more likely by an inch each day and I am going to stick because it may give hope and I feel they will over Foo Fighters which many may disagree with but its the fact I doubt they will return after stadiums but they could be practice who knows and they love RandL. Either or to be honest. Wolf Alice I feel could support with her supporting the big one since she is growing up in peoples musical knowledge and a chance for her to get bigger in that spot.

Kendrick feels nailed on at this point and feel Vampire Weekend would be a strong act and contrast to Kendrick.

What do all you think it will be MattyMooz, Alfie etc.  Since you seem to have better idea of the logic.

I think if these were the headliners then the days are pretty much correct based on previous years. 

Don't rip into me too much.  : )

Just now, dentalplan said:

Oh I'm surprised I thought it'd look more like this: :P

Community-fest.jpg

I mean, I went cause £35 to see wombats + FF was great for me, and NBT are pretty dope too (Literally spent the whole of the rest of the day on the second stage lol). Left halfway through catfish cause I was bored lol. On the plus side I discovered Anteros at this fest

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

5a2ee082cbc29_ScreenShot2017-12-11at19_45_34.png.d251ad7112d16460e969af78bc4100f7.png

Could see something like this, Courteeners seem like a coup for most festivals and feel they will support the headliner actually now. RB and Paramore seem a fairly decent prediction at the moment though RB could headline its just a matter of opinion of FR.

Arctic Monkeys seem increasingly more likely by an inch each day and I am going to stick because it may give hope and I feel they will over Foo Fighters which many may disagree with but its the fact I doubt they will return after stadiums but they could be practice who knows and they love RandL. Either or to be honest. Wolf Alice I feel could support with her supporting the big one since she is growing up in peoples musical knowledge and a chance for her to get bigger in that spot.

Kendrick feels nailed on at this point and feel Vampire Weekend would be a strong act and contrast to Kendrick.

What do all you think it will be MattyMooz, Alfie etc.  Since you seem to have better idea of the logic.

I think if these were the headliners then the days are pretty much correct based on previous years. 

Don't rip into me too much.  : )

Doesnt look too shabby for a first draft :)

IMO everyone on your second row is a 3rd down act, so you need to add a slightly larger act above on the Saturday and Sunday (as due to the coheadline the slot the Courteeners in is already effectively a third down slot). Currently on the sub the likely candidates people think'll play are ADTR, Stormzy, 21 Pilots, Skepta and Catfish

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, I went cause £35 to see wombats + FF was great for me, and NBT are pretty dope too (Literally spent the whole of the rest of the day on the second stage lol). Left halfway through catfish cause I was bored lol. On the plus side I discovered Anteros at this fest

I'm only going this year because £40 for The Vaccines, YMAS and Sundara isn't too bad lmao.

Would this whole incident with Homme and him kinda going the way he is (I'm saying rehab in the coming months) almost help the case of QOTSA being ruled out? Obviously most people have ruled them out due to what was said in interviews I think it was(?), but may this contribute even more?

Edited by Jayvk

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah I'm only kidding around cos you obviously like the acts and boost their chances of playing a lot. I do the same with my faves. S'all good.

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

IMO everyone on your second row is a 3rd down act

Honestly this could just be the case when the poster comes out and we'd have to deal with it. :lol:

1 minute ago, Jayvk said:

I'm only going this year because £40 for The Vaccines, YMAS and Sundara isn't too bad lmao.

Would this whole incident with Homme and him kinda going the way he is (I'm saying rehab in the coming months) would help the case of QOTSA being ruled out? Obviously most people have ruled them out due to what was said, but may this contribute even more?

No. They're still playing the festivals they were announced for and I'm sure they'll be announced for more in coming months too.

Edited by dentalplan

Out of interest what did you guys make of this lineup? I wasn’t on these forums at that point but I personally loved this lineup and had a great day

saw Stiff Little Fingers, Swmrs, the Orwells, the hives, Gogol Bordelo, Rancid and Green Day 

sorry for going off topic x

5C86DE62-D95D-48E7-B17F-D56E7FC35A7B.jpeg

Edited by Jack w

1 minute ago, Jack w said:

Out of interest what did you guys make of this lineup? I wasn’t on these forums at that point but I personally loved this lineup and had a great day

saw Swmrs, the Orwells, the hives, Gogol Bordelo, Rancid and Green Day 

sorry for going off topic x

5C86DE62-D95D-48E7-B17F-D56E7FC35A7B.jpeg

Woah, I've never seen this but I would've loved that. I would've gone for Green Day,The Stranglers, The Damned, The Orwells, SWMRS and Sunflower Bean 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Was on the same day as community and you were there haha x

I didn't go to Community last year, am going this year for first time was what I meant in my post haha.

On the topic of last years Community lineup for R&L 2018 I've gathered Catfish are likely, The Wombats are likely, NBT are likely and The Hunna are likely. Don't hate me but I kind of really like Slaves lmao, how likely are they? I've seen them once but wouldn't mind a second time tbf.

4 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I didn't go to Community last year, am going this year for first time was what I meant in my post haha.

On the topic of last years Community lineup for R&L 2018 I've gathered Catfish are likely, The Wombats are likely, NBT are likely and The Hunna are likely. Don't hate me but I kind of really like Slaves lmao, how likely are they? I've seen them once but wouldn't mind a second time tbf.

Oh shit yeah my bad wasn’t you that went, 

i love slaves and have them as FR headliner on that poster I made the other day

Edit

I fucked up i’m not reading properly bc i’m multitasking 

Edited by Jack w

1 minute ago, Jayvk said:

TBH I think Catfish are more likely to do something like Latitude or Parklife this year, then coheadline with 1975 or something in 2019 (as they'll probs have a new album out by then)

Slaves I have down as an FR headliner atm

2 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Oh shit yeah my bad wasn’t you that went, 

i love slaves but they played last years community?

Haha no worries.

Yeah they played third down Community 2017, I was just wondering how likely they were for R&L.

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I think Catfish are more likely to do something like Latitude or Parklife this year, then coheadline with 1975 or something in 2019 (as they'll probs have a new album out by then)

Slaves I have down as an FR headliner atm

Oh really? I've had Catfish as a third down for a while now lmao, thought they were pretty likely.

Ahhh right okay cheers, was looking for a place to fit Slaves into my prediction haha.

• Downvote 1

I don't understand why everyone thinks Arctic Monkeys and Foo Fighters can't play in the same year along with Paramore/Royal Blood. The vast majority of years have had all indie/rock headliners, with both Wireless and V Festival (which has an extra day now) I don't think its a necessity to have a rap/grime headliner and there is no actual proof that Kendrick would play R&L over V or Wireless. They could still draw that crowd with the likes of Post Malone who is absolutely huge right now and I think is closer to sub than fourth down, especially with the new album coming soon.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Aech said:

I don't understand why everyone thinks Arctic Monkeys and Foo Fighters can't play in the same year along with Paramore/Royal Blood. The vast majority of years have had all indie/rock headliners, with both Wireless and V Festival (which has an extra day now) I don't think its a necessity to have a rap/grime headliner and there is no actual proof that Kendrick would play R&L over V or Wireless. They could still draw that crowd with the likes of Post Malone who is absolutely huge right now and I think is closer to sub than fourth down, especially with the new album coming soon.

Come on my dude be real here.  He has some creditable chart success but he can probably go off as quickly as he went big in today’s environment - R+L would be shooting themselves in the head if they looked at the charts in November 2017 (they’d probably already have three subs by this point) and consider Post a sub.

Alao I think there is better reasoning around that Arctics won’t headline than them and Foos not playing the same year. Mainly that it’s too soon - particularly if there is uncertainty around the album release date - and also that eFestivals has heard that they’re not doing R+L next summer.

2 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Oh really? I've had Catfish as a third down for a while now lmao, thought they were pretty likely.

Well, if they're playing I defo think they would sub. I think most people disagree with me about Catfish, but tbh its more we already have so many other choices for sub (ADTR and 21P are both good candidates and dont really have any other options)

1 hour ago, Aech said:

IMO it's more of an issue in that these bands are probably the 2 biggest ticket shifters in the UK. A festival with Arctics or Foos is gonna sell pretty well as is, so why waste both on one festival when they could make 2 years sell really well. Also, I'd imagine both acts are very expensive, so they would probably have to gut the lineup massively if they go for both (tho admittedly Eminem and Muse were probably both pretty expensive last year)

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, Haven Festival. It's like the 11th August or something - one of the Scandinavian festivals I mentioned just then.

Haha shit I was skim reading and assumed the Scandinavian dates were what was on the poster for June. Fair play.

7 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Well, if they're playing I defo think they would sub. I think most people disagree with me about Catfish, but tbh its more we already have so many other choices for sub (ADTR and 21P are both good candidates and dont really have any other options)

Why has this become a thing? No Summer tour dates and no new material since last year. Would be a weird sub to book.

51 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Why has this become a thing? No Summer tour dates and no new material since last year. Would be a weird sub to book.

We don't have evidence for a lot of people having summer your dates, and they have new material since last time they played which is enough