Lineup 2018

18 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

R+L twitter has been silent for 5 days now and they were posting stuff pretty much daily up until now. Could just be nothing but with big fests their social media activity seems to die down before an announcement. I know we've said it past couple of weeks but fully expecting one this week!! 

They are maybe just defeated by the 'LINEUP?' replies to every bullshit tweet they make about xmas trees or sprouts.

But yes, still think this week is very possible, but if not we can forget it til the new year.

24 minutes ago, WFD said:

They are maybe just defeated by the 'LINEUP?' replies to every bullshit tweet they make about xmas trees or sprouts.

But yes, still think this week is very possible, but if not we can forget it til the new year.

Doubt it as they're bombarded with the same tweets saying 'ANNOUNCE ARCTIC MONKEYS' as soon as it gets to mid November every single year and it hasn't really affected them in the past. 

Agreed.

20 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Kendrick Lamar  - Don't think they wouldn't put a rapper on the bill because of the appeal of grime.

19 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Kendrick Lamar - a grime day could be on the cards

You know grime isn't just another word for hip-hop and Kendrick Lamar is very definitely not grime?

Arcade Fire's new dates just made them super unlikely, I reckon. My reasoning being that if they were to stay in Europe after the Scandinavian festivals they'd have to fill the time with stuff like Pukkelpop, Sziget, Gampel, Frequency and Lowlands. They've just announce summer dates (below) that cancel out four of those, and the other one - Pukkelpop - could be accounted for by the Belgian show they play in April.

DQxiEGiUEAEyJOM?format=jpg

So I reckon those chances are done for. Sad but I dunno why I got my hopes up anyway. :lol:

I guess the routing can still leave the door open for them to headline Bestival but Arcade Fire are likely out of their reach now, could've been announced today alongside other European dates and also the arena shows in UK more than make up for no festival dates.

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Arcade Fire's new dates just made them super unlikely, I reckon. My reasoning being that if they were to stay in Europe after the Scandinavian festivals they'd have to fill the time with stuff like Pukkelpop, Sziget, Gampel, Frequency and Lowlands. They've just announce summer dates (below) that cancel out four of those, and the other one - Pukkelpop - could be accounted for by the Belgian show they play in April.

So I reckon those chances are done for. Sad but I dunno why I got my hopes up anyway. :lol:

I guess the routing can still leave the door open for them to headline Bestival but Arcade Fire are likely out of their reach now, could've been announced today alongside other European dates and also the arena shows in UK more than make up for no festival dates.

Still think they are possible for Latitude, tho they'd have to hang around in EU for a while for that

Also, Sziget just postponed their announcement too (which was supposed to come out tomorrow). Kinda weird if R+L postpone too. I'm guessing either a headliner has dropped out from doing them all (RIP foos or kendrick) or a new headliner is now available to them that they wanna sign (AM?)

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Didn't an August festival hint at them not long ago? Can't remember which festival it was or how definite it was that it was Arcade Fire, though.

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Still think they are possible for Latitude, tho they'd have to hang around in EU for a while for that

Apparently they're touring the US or something during July, between the June and August legs.

4 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

Arcade Fire are headlining Way Out West in Sweden (9-11 August) so there’s still a chance of them still being around for Reading and Leeds. 

But that post I just did was suggesting why it's very unlikely?

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Didn't an August festival hint at them not long ago? Can't remember which festival it was or how definite it was that it was Arcade Fire, though.

Yeah, Haven Festival. It's like the 11th August or something - one of the Scandinavian festivals I mentioned just then.

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Found this on twitter.... Think we have another contender for worst prediction

DQpmvUvWAAAaQ-3.jpg:large

Kendrick casually headlining the NME stage hahaha

they predicted SWMRS and FIDLAR my favs so not gonna rip them too hard lmao but jesus that’s unrealistic 

Edited by Jack w

1 minute ago, Jack w said:

Kendrick casually headlining the NME stage hahaha

they predicted SWMRS and FIDLAR my favs so not gonna rip them too hard lmao but jesus that’s unrealistic 

And BMTH, plus all the NME headliners were laughable.

TBH I was more happy with the optimism they had for High Tyde lol

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fickle Friends fifth down the main stage? The Wombats and Nothing But Thieves third down? Suuure you "found" this. ;)

TBH, that Friday on the mainstage looks pretty much ideal (even if it is 3 acts too many). Swap the top 2 for the saturday NME and ditch cabbage and we'd be set lol

Also hadnt even noticed NBT thieves there considering they are also headlining the FR stage on the same day apparently lol (which actually is a pretty realistic idea tbh, like The Hunna did last year)