Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

I dont know much about TRNSMT but is Liam Gallagher the main headliner as he is on the Saturday??!!! feel like he's too small for that.

if he aint then he's probs the support for arctic monkeys.. xXx

They have 5 days so having Liam Gallagher as one of the headliners doesn't really affect them too much as they can sell much better on the other like the Killers will probably be a bigger draw the weekend after. It's almost like that weekend is a warm up for the real thing. 

Edit: Ignore me i thought it was 2 days followed by 3 days for trnsmt not the other way around

Edited by MIchael_scarn

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

They have 5 days so having Liam Gallagher as one of the headliners doesn't really affect them too much as they can sell much better on the other like the Killers will probably be a bigger draw the weekend after. It's almost like that weekend is a warm up for the real thing. 

ooooooOooOoooooh

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

But the killers are on the Sunday?? sorry guys I only really know about R+L, dont festivals normally have the biggest act on the Saturday night, like what glasto does as well?? xXx

If anything it would make sense to put the smallest headliners on a Saturday, as that's gonna be the easiest day for most people so they're more likely to sell tickets regardless of the headliner.

On 12/4/2017 at 11:22 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'm thinking that Foos and Royal Blood are gonna be 2 of the headliners (whether RB would coheadline or do it solo can be disputed, I really can't see them being as low as a sub though).

With the third headliner, I reckon the main two contenders are Kendrick and Arcade Fire. Kendrick would be the more inspiring booking. Would be the first hip hop headliner other than Eminem in 20 years, arguably one of / the best rapper in the world right now, ridiculously good back catalogue, at the top of his game and one of the most relevant artists worldwide.

Arcade Fire would be interesting, but it's questionable how relevant they are with the R&L crowd nowadays. I guess they could book them to win over a few would be Glasto-goers, but I don't really think that'll be as much of a contributing factor as some people say.

Arcade Fire look to be around at the right time of year, and there's been rumours that Kendrick will be too.

Don't really believe the AM shouts. Just doesn't seem like it's gonna be their year, and Foos look a lot more likely. Could be wrong though.

Basically, at this point I think It can be argued that the 4 contenders are Foos, Royal Blood, Kendrick and Arcade Fire (with a possible coheadliner with Royal Blood (Paramore??))

Posted on the Pukkelpop forum about the Foos having not played Pukkelpop and R&L for 6 years, have a big gap in August and probably won't play any other UK festival so I think you're right about them - I would add as a UK festival Exclusive to it as well, due to their stadium gigs. 

13 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Bring them down to reading fml!!

I mean TRNSMT is the opposite end of the summer so it's not wuite that simple, and I can't see Foos and Arctics doing the same festival the same year. TBH I could see them just doing arenas in september/october next year instead, then glasto 2019 and then pull a muse and do R+L 2020/2021 when no one else wants them again aha

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean TRNSMT is the opposite end of the summer so it's not wuite that simple, and I can't see Foos and Arctics doing the same festival the same year. TBH I could see them just doing arenas in september/october next year instead, then glasto 2019 and then pull a muse and do R+L 2020/2021 when no one else wants them again aha

Exactly what I think will happen tbh (with R&L 2020 rather than 2021).

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Chances of Ibeyi making an appearance ?

Don't know much about them but they don't seem like an R&L act?

5 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

who do you guys think will play 2019?? I say Green Day or killers or Arcade Fire as one of the headliners

The 1975 and god knows who else.

2 hours ago, Aech said:

Paramore are back doing UK Arenas in January, do you think this makes them more or less likely?

It made them more likely when that tour was announced, because it more or less ruled them out of BST. Would love them to headline just so their bangin' new album gets a bit more attention tbh.

6 hours ago, Alfie Clayton said:

I dont know much about TRNSMT but is Liam Gallagher the main headliner as he is on the Saturday??!!! feel like he's too small for that.

if he aint then he's probs the support for arctic monkeys.. xXx

Nah he's not the main headliner, you have to remember TRNSMT was originally only meant to be a 3day festival. Chance that one or both of Liam/ Stereophonics have been bumped up from subbing/ co headlining to both being day headliners on their own. 

I was told back in August that The killers were already booked up to headline TRNSMT, as well as another act apparently. I doubt the other big act was Steroephonics or Liam Gallagher (as much as I like both). Saturday is by far the easiest day to sell for a festival in the centre of Glasgow with no camping etc, and it's more likely a lot of folk will just pick and choose individual days out of the 5. So it also makes sense if bigger acts are on a Sunday as someone mentioned. Bands also have to fit this festival in around their other touring plans in europe, whereas for most bands if you're headlining Glastonbury you fit your plans around that as it's the biggest/best festival. For example the Artics could be in some other european country on the friday or saturday of TRNSMT, and only be able to do the first sunday - which is heavily rumoured now on the TRNSMT thread.

18 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

It made them more likely when that tour was announced, because it more or less ruled them out of BST. Would love them to headline just so their bangin' new album gets a bit more attention tbh.

It's been on so many End Of Year lists it's kinda crazy considering how much it got overlooked imo. I think it works in favour as it means that if Paramore are coming to do EU fests (which they should as I dont think they were over here last summer) then now it would make more sense for them to do the end of the summer.

1 minute ago, Neontiger90 said:

-snip-

That is actually the complete oppisite of what I thought most people were thinking. TRNSMT imo looks like they were planning on just being a 3 day fest from the 6th to the 8th, but then that parade got a bit stubborn so they couldn't hold it on the Saturday. Then to make up for the fact they lost a day, they decided to do the weekend before as well. However, that weekend was planned more last minute, so they've been forced to get weaker headliners (as all the big names were booked up). If I had to guess, the remaining Sunday will be someone like The Libertines or Snow Patrol, and then the following Friday is someone bigger (if you believe the rumours Arctic Monkeys, or maybe someone like Green Day)

4 hours ago, Evie18 said:

Theories on why there's still no sign of an announcement? 

If there’s nothing by the end of next week I’d say they will have changed their normal format of announcements and will be trying another way so we could get the lineup at any time maybe in the same way we normally do, or with a bigger chunk of acts or with multiple headliners or whatever.

We used to have to wait until the third monday in March for the lineup, why are people freaking that nothing has been announced so far? :lol: 

Those were the days, getting home from school, having tea, running upstairs to listen to Zane Lowe announce the lineup. 

Actually.. that hasnt happened since 2012... 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Hawky said:

We used to have to wait until the third monday in March for the lineup, why are people freaking that nothing has been announced so far? :lol: 

Those were the days, getting home from school, having tea, running upstairs to listen to Zane Lowe announce the lineup. 

Actually.. that hasnt happened since 2012... 

Since I started going they've announced something at the start of December. Guess you get used to it and you expect it and get hyped for it unless stated otherwise that the format of announcements is changing.