Lineup 2018

11 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Nickleback have announced a UK tour, let's get them headlining ;)

I don't like Nickelback but wouldn't have a problem if they headlined. Wouldn't be any different to any other band I didn't like. There excessive hatred is annoying, and meant Copping was too scared to book them when tbh they're the type of headliner Download should be after 

30 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I don't like Nickelback but wouldn't have a problem if they headlined. Wouldn't be any different to any other band I didn't like. There excessive hatred is annoying, and meant Copping was too scared to book them when tbh they're the type of headliner Download should be after 

Tbf I do like Nickleback, I'm very aware that's something I probably shouldn't admit lmao. I think only like them due to my dad excessively playing them a few years back. I don't understand all the hate they get, but really do understand at the same time lmao.

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Went along with my dad to see them live once and they were actually very good to be honest. They're massively cheesy especially nowadays, there's far worse out there though.

4 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Feel like the could hold off with Chvrches in 2018, potentially pushing them to coheadline in 2019 or a very strong sub.

In terms of top 5 main stage acts each day I'm thinking something along these lines:

Paramore / Royal Blood (coheadline)
Wolf Alice
The Wombats
Everything Everything

Foo Fighters
A Day to Remember
All Time Low
Post Malone
Mastodon

Kendrick Lamar
Stormzy
Vampire Weekend
Cage the Elephant
Lil Uzi Vert

TBH this is what I have pretty much for top 3 but with Stormzy swapped with ADTR (dont think they'll go that heavy on the hip-hop on one day).

Also not sure if it will be ADTR or 21P. It was rumoured 21P was doing Pukkelpop etc. but I haven't heard anything about that in a while  (and I would prefer ADTR a ton over 21P too so)

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

What makes them the sort of band Download should book? They are a band that the majority would refuse to even give a chance and would think twice about going to a festival they’re headlining, and their fans probably don’t have a lot of interest in going to the festival either.

Nickelback are great at what they do. Beez on TNM has said before that if it was that easy to do what Nickelback do then there would be loads of bands as big as they are making that kind of music. I agree. I don’t like them but they’re the biggest and best at what they do. I don’t get the insane amount of flack they get. 

Edited by Andre91

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Also not sure if it will be ADTR or 21P. It was rumoured 21P was doing Pukkelpop etc. but I haven't heard anything about that in a while  (and I would prefer ADTR a ton over 21P too so)

Yeah I've taken 21P out of my predictions recently because there seems to be no indication that they'll be around for R&L next year. If the Pukklepop rumour is true though then I think they're very likely, and would most likely sub for Kendrick.

28 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Nickelback are great at what they do. Beez on TNM has said before that if it was that easy to do what Nickelback do then there would be loads of bands as big as they are making that kind of music. I agree. I don’t like them but they’re the biggest and best at what they do. I don’t get the insane amount of flack they get. 

They're not the biggest and best at what they do, Foo Fighters are. :lol: 

Honestly not to dampen the analytical powers of Beez but they're in good company as far as generic rock bands go; it's just they became the whipping boys of pop-rock and it stuck. I guess the horrible post-grunge leanings is what makes them an easier target than most - I think if Creed were still around they'd get shit on just as much - but yeah it is what it is and I don't see any reason why they have to become a festival band. I think their first album is pretty good grunge tho.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah I've taken 21P out of my predictions recently because there seems to be no indication that they'll be around for R&L next year. If the Pukklepop rumour is true though then I think they're very likely, and would most likely sub for Kendrick.

It's not just a Pukkelpop rumour; an Austrian newspaper hinted towards them as a booked act for Frequency Festival before that. I would sorta expect to hear about a new album very soon if they're to play this summer, however.

Anyone reckon they'll do the announcement on the radio like a lot of other festivals have done as well as the fact they did it with Eminem this year. Would make sense as they don't seem to announce that it'll be broadcast until the day before at the earliest and it means there could still be a chance of it tomorrow. 

Probably wishful thinking but I don't know why there's been nothing on it whatsoever. 

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

When did they stop announcing it on the radio?

I wasn't sure if they did it for Kasabian or Muse last year, just thought they announced it on social media rather than giving dick grimshaw the pleasure.

Is next week looking more likely now i'm guessing? 

Edited by MIchael_scarn

25 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I wasn't sure if they did it for Kasabian or Muse last year, just thought they announced it on social media rather than giving dick grimshaw the pleasure.

Is next week looking more likely now i'm guessing? 

Ah, The Grimmie definitely announced Eminem. I don’t think it matters to the announcement timing though.

Yeah next week would be more likely than this week because there’s only one day left. :P As for more likely than others, I dunno. It seems that either they’re having a hold up in the announcement or are changing the way they typically announce so it could be tomorrow and it could be January.

Just now, Mattymooz said:

TBH at this point they may as well hold off to January, they've kind of missed the timing window for people buying them as an xmas present and people arent gonna be thinking about buying tickets as much during chrimbo, better off just waiting probably

I reckon they should change their announcement schedule because the December and January ones seem practically pointless. It's like the people getting them early were getting them regardless of acts, and the people dependent on acts wait until the main announcement. Just bring the main announcement forward a month I say, then more acts and the assigning of stage splits and running orders in March. I think that could well bring back the chaotic scramble for weekend tickets that they used to have.

7 minutes ago, jcarb said:

Is there no chance that they could just move back to the old means of announcing the line up and just give us a full poster?
Or is this pretty much a dead means in which to announce line ups these days? aha

Makes sense and would be better but I guess they want to build hype and get people excited for announcements over more time as it probably does more for the festival than announcing it all in one go. In reality though it probably can have the adverse effect sometimes as it seems like a lot of people are going to be very disappointed when arctic monkeys aren't there next year. 

21 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'm pretty confident that AM are gonna be playing Tramlines as a UK festival exclusive, maybe even as their worldwide comeback show. It all just seems to add up nicely. If I was a betting man I'd put money on the not playing R&L 2018 at this point.

I dont think arctic will wait all the way until Tramlines for a come back show, the sound mixer for the new album revealed today that they are trying to get it out early 2018 and they will probably announce tours and gigs way before tramlines. 
also im not sure what the line up for tramlines is or even how big it is, but monkeys would only play the Saturday night as they are sooo big! 

Just now, Alfie Clayton said:

I dont know much about TRNSMT but is Liam Gallagher the main headliner as he is on the Saturday??!!! feel like he's too small for that.

if he aint then he's probs the support for arctic monkeys.. xXx

No there’s 5 headliners now and I’d say he’s one of the 2 smaller, as of now The Killers are their biggest headliner that they’ve announced

Just now, Jack w said:

No there’s 5 headliners now and I’d say he’s one of the 2 smaller, as of now The Killers are their biggest headliner that they’ve announced

But the killers are on the Sunday?? sorry guys I only really know about R+L, dont festivals normally have the biggest act on the Saturday night, like what glasto does as well?? xXx