Lineup 2018

22 hours ago, coincidental plan said:

Why do people keep predicting Stereophonics?

Their UK arena tour has had surprisingly high ticket sales for a band that had supposedly been 'forgotten about' , they've also just been booked for TRNSMT which shows they're defo being considered big enough for a UK festival, their new album got fairly good reviews  - I love it personally - and they haven't played in a while .

7 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Their UK arena tour has had surprisingly high ticket sales for a band that had supposedly been 'forgotten about' , they've also just been booked for TRNSMT which shows they're defo being considered big enough for a UK festival, their new album got fairly good reviews  - I love it personally - and they haven't played in a while .

Doubt they'd take anything less than headline status which would probably be considered as quite an uninspiring booking by R+L's demographic unfortunately. Additionally, with the other options supposedly available in the category of headline status I feel like they'd be quite the way down on the list, brilliant band though 

Edited by MIchael_scarn

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

Doubt they'd take anything less than headline status which would probably be considered as quite an uninspiring booking by R+L's demographic unfortunately.

Yeah although I love them it would be bad for R+L  - perhaps they could co headline ? Biffy headlined on their own in 2013 then were pushed back to co headline with fall out boy in 2016 so it could happen with stereophonics and that would provide a nice balance with the potential royal blood co headline that is being heavily rumoured .

27 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Yeah although I love them it would be bad for R+L  - perhaps they could co headline ? Biffy headlined on their own in 2013 then were pushed back to co headline with fall out boy in 2016 so it could happen with stereophonics and that would provide a nice balance with the potential royal blood co headline that is being heavily rumoured .

I get where you're coming from but Biffy should never have co-headlined really. As I said before there's probably better suited options for headliner/ co-headliner that would be less of a risk than what phonics might be, TRNSMT is kind of safe because it's more of a day thing so if you're into them you go see them as where R+L is trying to shift as much weekend tickets as possible 

feel like that's worded really poorly but I'm too tired to go back and change it

Edited by MIchael_scarn

1 hour ago, Nick Aldous said:

Arcade Fire for 2018? Haven't headlined since 2010. They may even be somewhat cheaper due to playing smaller venues recently and Everything Now getting mixed reviews?

arcade fire / Radiohead / Arctic monkeys is my dream haha

They’re in the frame but their first announced European festival date being two months before R+L doesn’t fit well for them doing next year’s fest.

See FR have got the Vaccines subbing community in July. Guessing this makes them more likely for 2019 now?

Also got Two Door Cinema Club headlining which is nice to see as they're a top band and good that they're not being forgot about like a lot of the noughties indie bands have been.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

20 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Are TDCC a noughties band? Would've said they're an act of this decade.

Definitely. They were a band pushed for the relaunch of mainstream indie rock after it fizzled out at the end of the last decade.

I could see them subbing on the next album - FR seem infatuated with them at the moment and they did gather a crowd last year - but obviously no higher than that.

46 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

See FR have got the Vaccines subbing community in July. Guessing this makes them more likely for 2019 now?

Also got Two Door Cinema Club headlining which is nice to see as they're a top band and good that they're not being forgot about like a lot of the noughties indie bands have been.

Not necessarily. I think it’d be better for FR to have them play both rather than at the tour’s end again. They could announce them as late as they like really if they follow last year’s poster style which left off a few larger bands.

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I mean they just played R+L two years in a row so it never looked like they've been forgotten about, at least by bookers. Gameshow flopped pretty hard though so it'll be interesting to see how long it is before they start falling down lineups.

16 hours ago, R Shah said:

I see your point but have you considered the fact that its Stereophonics.

• Like 1

Kinda off topic (well they could play in 2018 I guess) but I've been listening to Joywave's first album a lot this week and some of it sounds like Two Door Cinema Club when they were good (in b4 "when were TDCC ever good?"). I would defo recommend checking out their track Now if you like TDCC.