Lineup 2018

12 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

SUCH A BIG FAN!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT :(:(:( 

aha I can tell. there'll be plenty of opportunities to see them over the next couple of years anyway. if rumours are true they'll be at Tramlines in 2018, probably will have an arena tour next year too. Then in 2019 they'll probably either play play Glastonbury or R&L (if they're not in 2018 which is looking unlikely).

10 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Why dont ya think its likely both arctic and foos would be on the set? 

I mean you said it, Foos and Arctics are both some of the biggest ticket sellers. Why waste both on the same year, when they could have either Arctics 2018 & Foos 2019, or Foos 2018 & Arctics 2020. They can confirm 2 years of pretty good sales, or just blow it all on one year (where they know its gonna sell well anyway because of no Glasto). It just wouldnt make sense business wise, no matter how awesome it would be

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean you said it, Foos and Arctics are both some of the biggest ticket sellers. Why waste both on the same year, when they could have either Arctics 2018 & Foos 2019, or Foos 2018 & Arctics 2020. They can confirm 2 years of pretty good sales, or just blow it all on one year (where they know its gonna sell well anyway because of no Glasto). It just wouldnt make sense business wise, no matter how awesome it would be

V true, but would be the greatest line up of all time!!!

xD

28 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Is AM at Tramlines actually looking really likely?

who knows? There's "they might be" stuff flying around, but I'm not hearing anything more concrete than that. And anyway, I suspect it would be dependent on tramlines moving to hillsboro, and that hasn't been agreed yet as far as i'm aware.

I had someone tell me that AM are not doing R/L, but I don't know if that's good info ... but if it is, then tramlines does start to look like it might have them. It seems to make sense tho stuff that seems to make sense is often wrong.

I feel like it would make more sense if Tramlines was their comeback show, but if they are doing stuff for Coachella first then I don't see why they would just comeback to the UK and only do tramlines. Either way I'm just down in notts so it aint like Sheffield is a long way to go if they do play there lol

28 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I feel like it would make more sense if Tramlines was their comeback show, but if they are doing stuff for Coachella first then I don't see why they would just comeback to the UK and only do tramlines. Either way I'm just down in notts so it aint like Sheffield is a long way to go if they do play there lol

Well they do live there... 

6 hours ago, Alfie Clayton said:

They won't announce the main headliner first would they? and its very likely that they will announce Foo's First as they are already pretty much confirmed... That means a bigger band will have to be the Saturday headliner, and the only likely band that is bigger than the foo fighters (in the uk) is the arctic monkeys... 

People are saying that arctics won't play because they are probs going to do TRNSMT. However, I swear that TRNSMT is the replacement for T in the park... and in 2014, the monkeys played both T in the Park and R+L...

what u guys think???

First announcement will 100% be foo fighters . It is too much to do foos and arctics same year as much as I'd love it. Arctics will play reading 2019 or 2020 depending on which on they do Glasto in but they should be doing an arena tour sometime next year/stadium tour in 2019 once the new albims out in 2018 which would be epic . But first annoumcment will be foos for sure .  Second announcement will probably be the co headline so it will be royal blood and one of florence, paramore, catfish, something like that . The last headliner is pretty open . To attract younger ages they would book Kendrick .  They could go completely huge and book in the killers, radiohead, pearl jam etc (a headliner who hasn't played in around 10 or more years) or stick with an established but not a HUGE headliner like stereophonics, Kings of Leon etc but I think these are the only real possibilities .

2 minutes ago, R Shah said:

They could go completely huge and book in the killers, radiohead, pearl jam etc (a headliner who hasn't played in around 10 or more years) or stick with an established but not a HUGE headliner like stereophonics, Kings of Leon etc but I think these are the only real possibilities .

Why do people keep predicting Stereophonics?

42 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Enter Shikari weren't announced for Download the other day despite their UK tour being over. Reckon they'll be at R&L, either 3rd main or NME headline.

NME headline opposite Kendrick would be perfect in terms of demographics and us not having to miss anyone remotely decent for the boy Kendrick.

I Think most people on here like Enter Shikari, but that clash would work perfectly for me as i don't care for Kendrick.

14 hours ago, R Shah said:

First announcement will 100% be foo fighters . It is too much to do foos and arctics same year as much as I'd love it. Arctics will play reading 2019 or 2020 depending on which on they do Glasto in but they should be doing an arena tour sometime next year/stadium tour in 2019 once the new albims out in 2018 which would be epic . But first annoumcment will be foos for sure .  Second announcement will probably be the co headline so it will be royal blood and one of florence, paramore, catfish, something like that . The last headliner is pretty open . To attract younger ages they would book Kendrick .  They could go completely huge and book in the killers, radiohead, pearl jam etc (a headliner who hasn't played in around 10 or more years) or stick with an established but not a HUGE headliner like stereophonics, Kings of Leon etc but I think these are the only real possibilities .

Fair enough, as much as I love the monkeys... I think its unlikely now... but catfish!!!!! do u think they will play??? and I think they are bug enough to co headline with royal blood (or go just before them)