Lineup 2018

30 minutes ago, Jane gibbons said:

I think the killers have a high chance of playing as they aren't doing anything big so they might play Leeds and also 2008! Is a joke they need to play soon

They're in Europe in June so they're more likely to do IOW or something. They're already coming over to Europe twice next year, they won't come over again in August.

2 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

Personally, although I think it's unlikely, I'd love Green Day to play, possibly doing their latest compilation CD as a set plus a few extras. They'll probably be at TRNSMT though I'd have thought.

Green Day would be perfect for me too although just can’t see it :/

8 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

So at this point, is this a fair summary?

• Foos seemingly nailed on
  • AM a possibility, but looking like they might be doing Tramlines instead
  • Kendrick potentially around Europe at the end of summer, but nothing more solid than that
  • Royal Blood would probably at least coheadline if R&L are willing to give them the push. If they do coheadline, it'll probably be with Paramore or another act that hasn't been suggested much (QOTSA looking unlikely now)
  • Arcade Fire a new suggestion, potentially around Europe at the end of Summer as well
  • Florence is a smaller possibility, potentially coheadline with Royal Blood, but I think the chances she plays in 2018 are slim
  • Then finally The Killers, who also look very unlikely at this point as they're in Europe early summer

Anyone I've missed off? At this point I'm still leaning towards Royal Blood/Paramore, Foos, Kendrick.

Potentially replace Kendrick with Arcade Fire, and change Paramore to someone else or let Royal Blood headline outright with a decent undercard.

Looks like that covers everything to me, looking like it’s going to be a good year for headliners at least whatever happens 

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

where do we think King Krule will play if he does? Currently got him down 8th NME, but feel that may be a bit low. 5th/6th NME? Or maybe even FR headline/2nd FR?

I don't reckon he'd be booked. Its hard to tell whether his current tour is understating his popularity or whether I'm overstating it. Id've expected him to be 3rd/4th NME but really difficult to place him.

13 minutes ago, coincidental plan said:

I don't reckon he'd be booked. Its hard to tell whether his current tour is understating his popularity or whether I'm overstating it. Id've expected him to be 3rd/4th NME but really difficult to place him.

he'd be a decent FR headliner against Foos, having thought about it a bit more

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All Time Low have said that they will be touring So Wrong It’s Right in full next year. They’ve been predicted a lot anyway and I could see them doing it in full at R&L. It’s only 40mins long so they could either do it on the Main Stage or headlining the NME. I’d be more inclined to go for a third down Main slot. 

If they do, it’s the only time I would ever watch ATL again. That album is some real nostalgia for me. 

honestly after seeing the trnsmt announcement I'm pretty shocked that courteeners are higher than wolf alice and liam Gallagher headlining I really don't think he has shot up in the last year to be a headliner. I think this ads up that wolf alice can either be a NME headliner or 3rd down as It would be pretty shocking that if they would do reading to have them higher then the TRNSMT line up

8 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

honestly after seeing the trnsmt announcement I'm pretty shocked that courteeners are higher than wolf alice and liam Gallagher headlining I really don't think he has shot up in the last year to be a headliner. I think this ads up that wolf alice can either be a NME headliner or 3rd down as It would be pretty shocking that if they would do reading to have them higher then the TRNSMT line up

its because TRNSMT have 5 headliners now so they will most likely have two smaller headliners and Liam is one of them

6 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

It's the closest people are going to get to oasis for a while plus as you were did quite well I believe. With it being 5 days they'd struggle to get 5 huge headliners obviously so I think it's probably a good booking.

Dont think anyone was predicting anything less for wolf Alice, definitely deserve those slots at the very least.

17 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I'm not surprised at all, Liam Gallagher is absolutely massive at the moment, his album has done extremely well, his tour sold out within seconds (sold faster than Noel's.), as did his FInsbury Park gig and I imagine so will his big Manchester gig. 

Everyone's liking his new album, plus people will go just to see him crack out a few Oasis songs, everyone knows most of the hits he sings from the Oasis years. 

Courteeners wouldn't be higher up than Wolf Alice if it wasn't Liam headlining. The crowd that will go for Liam will more than likely love Couteeners so will have two of their favourite artists back to back. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah I'd say Courteeners and Wolf Alice are pretty much equivalent in size right now. They'd both play third down at R&L with a slight chance of them subbing maybe if they've blown their load on big headliners. The fact that Courteeners will appeal more to a Liam Gallagher crowd is probably what has them subbing above Wolf Alice, as others have said.