Lineup 2018

So my sister who has worked Tramlines, Leeds Festival and a couple of others and apparently has people who "are in the know" is saying that it is 100% Arctic Monkeys and has decided to buy her tickets already based off of that. Not sure how much truth there is to it, but she certainly believes it. 

if it is true, I hope they don't have a shit undercard just because they've got massive headliners. Also if AM are there, I think the third headliner is more likely to be Royal Blood (possibly coheadlining) than Kendrick/anyone else. I'd be really shocked if Royal blood aren't there, and they could definitely be headlining if the other two are massive.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

if it is true, I hope they don't have a shit undercard just because they've got massive headliners. Also if AM are there, I think the third headliner is more likely to be Royal Blood (possibly coheadlining) than Kendrick/anyone else. I'd be really shocked if Royal blood aren't there, and they could definitely be headlining if the other two are massive.

I dunno, I could see something happening where Royal Blood do Community and TRNSMT and using those 2 performances to justify a headline performance in 2019 (maybe with a new album out in 2019 too? would have been a 2 year gap so not entirely unreasonable)

Though that would make 2019 look slightly weird if we're also assuming 1975 are headlining/coheadlining (which I think many of us are)

I think having just Kendrick would be cheaper than whatever coheadline they end up getting, and I dont see Royal Blood getting a solo headline slot just yet imo. Plus I think Kendrick makes the most sense to book next year (even more likely than foos tbh) given the lack of his tour dates, how relevant he is rn etc.

I could see them throwing most of the money at Foos/Arctics and pissing away the undercard for sure. I’d be disappointed if that was the case though. As much as I like both those bands, the undercard is always the making of the festival for me and I don’t like to watch more than one main stage headliner. 

3 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Would love Royal Blood to do the earlier  co-headline slot. Don't know if they have the material to do a full headline show

I think they would manage it. Saw them Saturday and they played for 1 hour 20mins with 17 songs in the set. Throw in a couple of extra drum solos, a B side or two (the ones I’ve heard are decent) and maybe a new tune and they would fill the headline slot. Definitely good enough to do it in my eyes, they were incredible and I’d have thought they’d be relatively cheap for a headliner

11 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

So my sister who has worked Tramlines, Leeds Festival and a couple of others and apparently has people who "are in the know" is saying that it is 100% Arctic Monkeys and has decided to buy her tickets already based off of that. Not sure how much truth there is to it, but she certainly believes it. 

I've recently heard a whisper that AMs aren't doing R/L next year - tho I can't guarantee it's correct. 

But if that info is correct my suspicion is its because they'll be doing Tramlines.

37 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've recently heard a whisper that AMs aren't doing R/L next year - tho I can't guarantee it's correct. 

But if that info is correct my suspicion is its because they'll be doing Tramlines.

Ah right. Well, I dunno how accurate her sources are, this is the first thing they've told her about the festival and she was pretty sure,

Though if it is true about them doing Tramlines I'll be happy since I live in Sheffield and go to Tramlines every year! I've thought it could be them, homecoming gig, 10th anniversary of Tramlines and they've moved to a larger site for the main stage which all points towards someone huge. 

6 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Would love Royal Blood to do the earlier  co-headline slot. Don't know if they have the material to do a full headline show

They’ll do a headline slot whatever happens in that case; it’s just there would be another band doing a headline slot too.

7 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

Saw the yeah yeah yeahs are doing festivals next year, any chance of them next year? Maybe a headline FR or Nme spot

If they are, they’d be higher than that. They’re subbing APE so I would say a NME headline slot or third down main if it did come about. Can’t see it happening though as they already have that UK festival show all the way in May.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Tramlines? Thats mad.

1 hour ago, RedBalloon said:

QOTSA/RB co-headline. Why will no one believe me. Arctic Monkeys playe 2 nights at Finsbury the same year they headlined R+L. So can QOTSA.

I mean doesn't the fact they're doing findsbury park discount people's view that they wouldn't do festivals because they're doing their own 'open air shows', unless this is one of them?? It still is quite unlikely though as the two events are 2 months apart so don't see why they'd come back to the UK 3 separate times in under a year.

3 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I mean doesn't the fact they're doing findsbury park discount people's view that they wouldn't do festivals because they're doing their own 'open air shows', unless this is one of them?? It still is quite unlikely though as the two events are 2 months apart so don't see why they'd come back to the UK 3 separate times in under a year.

The Finsbury Park gig is the open air show that was being talked about, yeah. 

Arcade Fire are favourites for this for me now after recent developments 

6 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

The Finsbury Park gig is the open air show that was being talked about, yeah. 

Arcade Fire are favourites for this for me now after recent developments 

Oh that's fair enough then.

Arcade Fire?? Haven't heard the developments but I thought their stock had fallen dramatically and their arena tour was a shambles wasn't it? Be a bit of a risk getting them to headline the festival.

9 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Oh that's fair enough then.

Arcade Fire?? Haven't heard the developments but I thought their stock had fallen dramatically and their arena tour was a shambles wasn't it? Be a bit of a risk getting them to headline the festival.

Their US arena tour sold poorly. Their UK arena tour sold instantly. They’re still set to headline major US festivals anyway so I can’t see it mattering.

edit: anyway I don’t agree they’re favourites because Foos are nailed on and I’m confident Royal Blood will headline too but they’re a decent candidate for the other night.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Their US arena tour sold poorly. Their UK arena tour sold instantly. They’re still set to headline major US festivals anyway so I can’t see it mattering.

edit: anyway I don’t agree they’re favourites because Foos are nailed on and I’m confident Royal Blood will headline too but they’re a decent candidate for the other night.

Still not aware of these developments suggested but could see them there I guess but would be a bit out of left field. Wouldn't be ecstatic about the booking but as long as they have a good under card I'd feel a lot better about it.

Edited by MIchael_scarn