Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Woah. Pixies would be awesome. NME headliner? 

I’d love to see Shikari sub the main stage. I think they could get away with putting them in the position. 

They were stunning in Notts on Saturday. The new material sounded incredible. That being said, the arena was not busy at all. 

Becaue they aren't an arena band.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Just now, Alfie Clayton said:

Im thinking now

Main Stage: Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Kendrick

NME: TBC, Royal Blood, Pixies

Or Royal blood will be support for foo's or monkeys

no way Royal Blood will be anywhere on the NME stage. You can make a case for them subbing, but I still reckon they're gonna at least coheadline. Replace them with Arctics in your prediction, add a coheadliner if you like and that's what a lot of people are thinking.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

no way Royal Blood will be anywhere on the NME stage. You can make a case for them subbing, but I still reckon they're gonna at least coheadline. Replace them with Arctics in your prediction, add a coheadliner if you like and that's what a lot of people are thinking.

I really think arctic monkeys are going to play, they have a single coming out January and album should be out march. They will be touring next year and seeing as there is no glasto, can't see why they wouldn't play. Reading is also one of the bands most favourite festivals to play and it would have been 4 years since. xXx

1 minute ago, Alfie Clayton said:

I really think arctic monkeys are going to play, they have a single coming out January and album should be out march. They will be touring next year and seeing as there is no glasto, can't see why they wouldn't play. Reading is also one of the bands most favourite festivals to play and it would have been 4 years since. xXx

That's the first I've heard about a single/album release. Where've you heard that? 

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

That's the first I've heard about a single/album release. Where've you heard that? 

There record label (Domino records) have announced that the album is done, and ive seen on all fan pages that we should be getting the first taste of it in January and it should be coming out in march. its looking 100%

21 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

I'd take that! Skindred, Foos, KSE, Wilkinson, PVRIS (can't see them playing again tbf) and Paramore :)

Could easily see Pvris playing again, and even being in this announcement. Their album was only a couple of weeks old when they played this year and they were being given the big push around the site.  They could well come back for a repeat, and their tour ends next week.

1 minute ago, WFD said:

Could easily see Pvris playing again, and even being in this announcement. Their album was only a couple of weeks old when they played this year and they were being given the big push around the site.  They could well come back for a repeat, and their tour ends next week.

I hope you're right, i'd never watched them before and stayed to watch them as i went for Pretty Reckless but got to the stage as they'd finished, so stayed! I enjoyed them, even though people said she sounded tired!

1 hour ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Could royal blood support foo's? also imagine dragons have worked with kendrick so could support him..... 

Not how it works at all mate. Subs don't have to be relevant to the headlining act they just have to be not quite headline status e.g. 21 pilots, wolf alice, stormzy etc which have been on many peoples predictions. 

RB will most likely at least share a headline spot with someone whilst Imagine Dragons, for want of a better phrase, can fuck off. See your new so there's loads of poster predictions that'd be able to give you an idea of what people are thinking atm.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Pixies could work if they're after oldies / critically acclaimies to swoop in the Glastonbury goers.

38 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Not how it works at all mate. Subs don't have to be relevant to the headlining act they just have to be not quite headline status e.g. 21 pilots, wolf alice, stormzy etc which have been on many peoples predictions. 

RB will most likely at least share a headline spot with someone whilst Imagine Dragons, for want of a better phrase, can fuck off. See your new so there's loads of poster predictions that'd be able to give you an idea of what people are thinking atm.

Yeah but it obviously helps having a similar fanbase to the headliner above you,  most subs in recent years do.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Yeah but it obviously helps having a similar fanbase to the headliner above you,  most subs in recent years do.

I was trying to get at the fact they don't need to have supported the band above them or worked with the act above them to sub, that has no bearing. 

Wouldn't have said last years subs & headliners went hand in hand though compared to 2015 and 2016 but maybe I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Aech said:

Pixies would be such a weird booking, I don't think there's many people at R&L target demographic age range that will have even heard of them.

Gotta say I agree but I'm not complaining, top quality band. 

It does however feel a little bit like a glasto booking and really am hoping it ain't foreshadowing the rest of the lineup to be aimed at glasto goers to coerce them to do R+L whilst it's taking a break. Really hope they keep those acts to a minimum, dunno if anyone agrees with that haven't seen it mentioned in a while.

• Downvote 1