Lineup 2018

Don't wanna read to much into it but they keep tweeting Drake stuff, almost turning in to a fan account. It is a bit weird to keep on sharing stuff on your social media of someone who's never played the festival before right?? They could still be clinging on to the hype he got at reading for 5 minutes this year or it actually come to fruition that he's next years plan.

4 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Don't wanna read to much into it but they keep tweeting Drake stuff, almost turning in to a fan account. It is a bit weird to keep on sharing stuff on your social media of someone who's never played the festival before right?? They could still be clinging on to the hype he got at reading for 5 minutes this year or it actually come to fruition that he's next years plan.

Jesus Christ I hope not.

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

ATDI supporting Royal Blood was never a good idea. Should have had Frank Carter or someone 

TBH if I hadn't gone to the Roundhouse too see them...which is a shite venue tbh and didn't see RB at Glastonbury then I'd have gone, I don't agree that ATDI are just a one song act but in general it's not the greatest idea for a support act....but nor is Frank Carter either.

15 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Paramore, FF and Drake would sell.

4 minutes ago, Aech said:

Saw Royal Blood in Birmingham last night as well. Black Honey were good, I think they'll be on the FR stage somewhere next year. As a fan of At The Drive In I can honestly say it was one of the worst things I've ever fucking seen, I know quite a few songs and the only one I could even sort of make out was One Armed Scissor, they could have been playing anything and the sound was shite. It was my third time seeing Royal Blood and they get better every time, at this point they deserve at least a co-headline slot. 

I did notice Royal Blood are currently touring with the same sort of stage set up as Foo Fighters in America except royal blood have all the lasers. Makes me think they'd be much better in the dark.

I literally couldn’t agree more about last night mate, like I said I’m not a massive fan of ATDI and I thought they were shit. Honey blood were really really good. If Royal Blood don’t get atleast Co-head next year then I’ll be really really shocked.

Edited by Jayvk
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aech said:

Saw Royal Blood in Birmingham last night as well. Black Honey were good, I think they'll be on the FR stage somewhere next year. As a fan of At The Drive In I can honestly say it was one of the worst things I've ever fucking seen, I know quite a few songs and the only one I could even sort of make out was One Armed Scissor, they could have been playing anything and the sound was shite. It was my third time seeing Royal Blood and they get better every time, at this point they deserve at least a co-headline slot. 

I did notice Royal Blood are currently touring with the same sort of stage set up as Foo Fighters in America except royal blood have all the lasers. Makes me think they'd be much better in the dark.

Black Honey played FR this year, they were excellent. Matey I was with thought they were the highlight of his weekend! Think if they're booked again they'd step up a slot, maybe mid-afternoon NME like The Sherlocks this year

• Upvote 1

I have seen black honey 3 or 4 times at festivals and their own gigs. one of the best  live bands out there purely for the front lady, izzy. she completely holds the audience in the palm of her hand. would love to see them playing mid to upper NME next year, especially if they release their album. absolutely awesome band.

Just now, RedBalloon said:

I have seen black honey 3 or 4 times at festivals and their own gigs. one of the best  live bands out there purely for the front lady, izzy. she completely holds the audience in the palm of her hand. would love to see them playing mid to upper NME next year, especially if they release their album. absolutely awesome band.

Last night was the first time I’ve seen them, and I met Izzy afterwards and she was really nice tbf. Definitely a good live band 

5 hours ago, justanothername said:

At The Drive-In are great on record. Even though they seem shit live now it shouldn't stop you from listening to them. Relationship of Command is a classic and is really worth a listen.

Yeah, whatever anyone says about their current live performances, Relationship of Command is a classic album.One of my favourites of all time.

I'm not saying this to have a pop at them, cos I don't mind them, but at Newcastle Arena last night Enter Shikari only played a curtained off square which took up probably less than half the floor space, standing only.  Similar feel to Hall 4 (I think) at SECC in Glasgow but I'd say smaller overall.  They did get the benefit of a bigger production set-up than they would have had in the Academy but in terms of additional ticket sales not sure it was worth hiring the Arena.

I know people like to use a band's venue size to guess at where they'd place at R&L, so don't be overestimating where Shikari would place based on them 'playing arenas'.  I know they are playing Alexandra Palace (again) btw.

58 minutes ago, WFD said:

I'm not saying this to have a pop at them, cos I don't mind them, but at Newcastle Arena last night Enter Shikari only played a curtained off square which took up probably less than half the floor space, standing only.  Similar feel to Hall 4 (I think) at SECC in Glasgow but I'd say smaller overall.  They did get the benefit of a bigger production set-up than they would have had in the Academy but in terms of additional ticket sales not sure it was worth hiring the Arena.

I know people like to use a band's venue size to guess at where they'd place at R&L, so don't be overestimating where Shikari would place based on them 'playing arenas'.  I know they are playing Alexandra Palace (again) btw.

They had the exact same at Cardiff Arena on Friday as well, which isn’t a particularly big arena to begin with. The band were in great form though and I thought the new stuff translated really well live.