Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, arcuse said:

The Killers - Kendrick Lamar - Arctic Monkeys

Idk why everyone keeps counting on the Foo's when they're litteraly doing 3x a stadium concert in June? TRNSMT takes place from 6-8th July, they have a sold out show in Philly on the 7th so the only option avaible is that they play the 6th. Pack up all their gear and stuff it in the plane and play in Philly the next day..? I understand that there's a gap off a month in their US-tour schedule but do you really think they'll hop on and off on a plane for a week or two to do some festivals in Europe when they're litteraly doing a EU tour in June?

edit: with the new dates of TRNSMT they seem more likely to play, yes. 

Foo Fighters are gna be there, end of really. Only headliner with solid information leading to them being there. None of the 3 you have stated have anything concrete pointing to them doing it other than new albums for kendrick and killers. Arctics is definitely wishful thinking I feel, no new info on new album at all but that could defo change come February so you never know

Edited by MIchael_scarn

3 hours ago, devilman said:

Yes those Foos are too small and weak a booking to headline outright. They need a co headline slot to give them some exposure and the step up they need. They'll be on with someone of a similar size so probably Guns and Roses. That will be an incredibly weak day but we need to nurture these future headliners.

RIP me lol, meant the saturday

18 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Foo Fighters are gna be there, end of really. Only headliner with solid information leading to them being there. None of the 3 you have stated have anything concrete pointing to them doing it other than new albums for kendrick and killers. Arctics is definitely wishful thinking I feel, no new info on new album at all but that could defo change come February so you never know

They could always do an Eminem

8 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Doubt it. Only makes sense if they have their album out before the festival, which could be weeks before mind. They could theoretically just not do any till glasto 2019 just cos they can 

I would agree if they weren't one of the main rumours for Coachella, I don't know what comes out first (Coachella announcement or last R+L headliner) but I could easily see that show being their comeback for live shows with album out September/Novemeber, but with new singles and stuff for R+L

52 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Everything in that Killers tour schedule points them touring in August. They're basically confirmed for Bonnaroo which leaves me to believe that they'll do US festivals in May/June and then come back to the EU for a festival summer July/August. They won't do the August festvals in the US because they already did that last year (Lollapalooza etc). 

From Kendrick it's a bit more guessing work, going on a tour in the EU from Feb till March and doing Hangout in May. Which leaves me to believe that he'll do the same as The Killers (so June fests in the US) and then come back for the summer in Europe. The director of Primavera said that Kendrick was available for this summer but not for a very long time so I think he'll only do festivals in July or in August. Again he'd headline Lollapalooza but since that's at the beginning of August and R&L takes place rather late in August, I think he's still likely.

With all jokes aside, I think Imagine Dragons is a very realistic option as a headliner. Their EU tour goes until the end of april. They're already rumoured to headline Firefly and I think they'd actually move some tickets with Royal Blood as a great sub. 

Arctic Monkeys is a guess but I don't their record is gonna be finished for the festivals in June/July in EU so it's either gonna be Lollapalooza (US fests) or R&L, Lowlands, PKP etc and I see them very likely to first do EU and after that the US..

Again, Foo Fighters could be there (the Green Day example was great which leaves me thinking), I just don't see them very likely but I could be wrong ofc :) 

I'm thinking it will be;

Royal Blood/Kendrick Lamar (co-headline)

The Killers

Foo Fighters

I don't think Arctic Monkeys will have stuff sorted for next year, and does the festival really want to blow its load on (arguably) it's 3 biggest rock headliners within 2 years? (Foo's, Muse and Arctics)

43 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Everything in that Killers tour schedule points them touring in August. They're basically confirmed for Bonnaroo which leaves me to believe that they'll do US festivals in May/June and then come back to the EU for a festival summer July/August. They won't do the August festvals in the US because they already did that last year (Lollapalooza etc). 

From Kendrick it's a bit more guessing work, going on a tour in the EU from Feb till March and doing Hangout in May. Which leaves me to believe that he'll do the same as The Killers (so June fests in the US) and then come back for the summer in Europe. The director of Primavera said that Kendrick was available for this summer but not for a very long time so I think he'll only do festivals in July or in August. Again he'd headline Lollapalooza but since that's at the beginning of August and R&L takes place rather late in August, I think he's still likely.

With all jokes aside, I think Imagine Dragons is a very realistic option as a headliner. Their EU tour goes until the end of april. They're already rumoured to headline Firefly and I think they'd actually move some tickets with Royal Blood as a great sub. 

Arctic Monkeys is a guess but I don't their record is gonna be finished for the festivals in June/July in EU so it's either gonna be Lollapalooza (US fests) or R&L, Lowlands, PKP etc and I see them very likely to first do EU and after that the US..

Again, Foo Fighters could be there (the Green Day example was great which leaves me thinking), I just don't see them very likely but I could be wrong ofc :) 

That's all well and good but R&L don't have to book all the headliners that are around in August. Don't think The Killers would play R&L anymore, think they're more likely for the new V Fest if they go back to booking some more guitar music.

Imagine Dragons aren't gonna headline, especially not above Royal Blood who'd get a better slot than them at R&L.

Agree with you on Kendrick.

13 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on twenty one pilots playing are.From my point of view haven't really grown that signifanctly in popularity since their last time at reading, certainly not enough to justify the often predicted sub slot. Any thoughts?

They haven't released any new material since then. They only played a couple of dates in the UK since then which sold out quite quickly IRC

Right so what I’ve learned from the Royal Blood gig tonight:

Black Honey NEED to be somewhere on the undercard they’re brilliant.

I’ve always been correct on my opinion of At The Drive In, absolute shit besides One Armed Scissor. I’m very glad they won’t be playing next year.

If Royal Blood were to headline I’d definitely watch them again, they were really great and could definitely put on a good headliner or co-head performance.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Have you ever heard Invalid Litter Dept or Napoleon Solo?

I’ve heard a few songs on Spotify, I’m not sure about either of those I’ll have a listen. But in terms of live anyway, One Armed Scissor was okay but the rest was just a shitstorm of instrumemts that sounded like one song and you couldn’t even hear th vocals.

9 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Right so what I’ve learned from the Royal Blood gig tonight:

Black Honey NEED to be somewhere on the undercard they’re brilliant.

I’ve always been correct on my opinion of At The Drive In, absolute shit besides One Armed Scissor. I’m very glad they won’t be playing next year.

If Royal Blood were to headline I’d definitely watch them again, they were really great and could definitely put on a good headliner or co-head performance.

Everyone's been saying ATDI have been shite live lately. On record they're an amazing band, Relationship of Command is a ridiculously good album.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Everyone's been saying ATDI have been shite live lately. On record they're an amazing band, Relationship of Command is a ridiculously good album.

Considering as soon as they’d finished someone behind shouted something along the lines of Oh my fucking god thank fuck that’s over I’d rather have my dad toss me off for that long than go through that again that wasn’t half an hour of music it sounded like one song

But honestly, all I heard everyone talking about after was how you couldn’t hear what he was saying and they just sounded a bit shit in general. 

Edited by Jayvk

Just now, Jayvk said:

Considering as soon as they’d finished someone behind shouted something along the lines of “Oh my fucking god thank fuck that’s over I’d rather have my dad toss me off for that long than go through that again that wasn’t half an hour of music it sounded like one song”

But honestly, all I heard everyone talking about after was how you couldn’t hear what he was saying and they just sounded a bit shit in general. 

Well yeah like I said, apparently they're shite live at the moment, but that doesn't mean they're a shit band in general. Even people on here who love them on record have said they were terrible both at R&L last year and supporting Royal Blood this year.

10 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Well yeah like I said, apparently they're shite live at the moment, but that doesn't mean they're a shit band in general. Even people on here who love them on record have said they were terrible both at R&L last year and supporting Royal Blood this year.

No of course not, I always kinda thought they were “okay” and that’s always what I went with but seeing them live kinda brought them down a lot in my books. Like if I had absolutely loved them then I’d probably still like them but since I only ever thought they were average in the first place, can’t help thinking they’re just not even that for me anymore.

Edited by Jayvk

I think they're one of those bands where you probably need to know the songs to enjoy it live. Jay you've said it just sounded like noise cos there was too much going on, I guess if you'd recognised all the different bits of the songs it would have sounded fine. I dunno, maybe not. I thought they were great anyway and so did the two people I was with. 

I thought the run of Enfilade - Governed By Contagions - One Armed Scissor they finished on in Cardiff (and presumably everywhere else too) was great, but I agree that the sound quality was pretty bad, particularly before those three songs, and was just a noise at times. Don't know how much of it is down to them being on poor form, their sound not being suited to arenas, and them being a support act so everything was set up for Royal Blood and not them. Plus Motorpoint has been shit for sound even for some headline acts I've seen before (The Prodigy springs to mind, was distorted as hell).

Still love them though. Agree with those saying not to judge them based on their performances on this tour, stick Relationship Of Command and the highlights from their other stuff on and you should come round to them, they're a top band.

Edited by theevilfridge