Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

as much as I love them, they'd go down terribly at R&L nowadays. just not their sorta gig. would rather they played somewhere else where more of their fanbase would go.

I would entirely agree, just a random post of no real merit.

ok I changed my mind, Radiohead would work if they did a set very similar to this

1. Lucky
  2. The National Anthem
  3. There, There
  4. Airbag
  5. Ful Stop
  6. My Iron Lung
  7. No Surprises
  8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
  9. Lotus Flower
  10. I Might Be Wrong
  11. Reckoner
  12. The Bends
  13. Exit Music (For a Film)
  14. Everything In Its Right Place
  15. Idioteque
  16. Bodysnatchers
  17. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

18. Daydreaming
  19. 2+2=5
  20. Fake Plastic Trees
  21. Paranoid Android
  22. Just

23. Creep
  24. Karma Police

However lovely that would be though, they're not gonna be booked

20 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

ok I changed my mind, Radiohead would work if they did a set very similar to this

1. Lucky
  2. The National Anthem
  3. There, There
  4. Airbag
  5. Ful Stop
  6. My Iron Lung
  7. No Surprises
  8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
  9. Lotus Flower
  10. I Might Be Wrong
  11. Reckoner
  12. The Bends
  15. Idioteque
  16. Bodysnatchers

18. Daydreaming
  19. 2+2=5
  20. Fake Plastic Trees
  21. Paranoid Android
  22. Just

23. Creep
  24. Karma Police

Reckon you're still overestimating how interested most modern R&L-goers are in Radiohead's post-EMI efforts. Cut out that run from Weird Fishes through to Reckoner and it's a nice tight 20 song set without any obvious stretches likely to lose the crowd.

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Reckon you're still overestimating how interested most modern R&L-goers are in Radiohead's post-EMI efforts. Cut out that run from Weird Fishes through to Reckoner and it's a nice tight 20 song set without any obvious stretches likely to lose the crowd.

aye like I said I think their set would have to be incredibly specific to be at all relevant at R&L. And of course they wouldn't book them because they couldn't guarantee that at all. don't really think there crowd would be lost in a set like that tho tbf, yeah there's that little run you mentioned but it's not long and it's not like it's their most dreary, niche songs.

31 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

1. Lucky
  2. The National Anthem
  3. There, There
  4. Airbag
  5. Ful Stop
  6. My Iron Lung
  7. No Surprises
  8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
  9. Lotus Flower
  10. I Might Be Wrong
  11. Reckoner
  12. The Bends
  15. Idioteque
  16. Bodysnatchers

18. Daydreaming
  19. 2+2=5
  20. Fake Plastic Trees
  21. Paranoid Android
  22. Just

23. Creep
  24. Karma Police

Okay so most of the crowd would know songs 7, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24.

5 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Except the whole main set minus No Surprises.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

aye like I said I think their set would have to be incredibly specific to be at all relevant at R&L. And of course they wouldn't book them because they couldn't guarantee that at all. don't really think there crowd would be lost in a set like that tho tbf, yeah there's that little run you mentioned but it's not long and it's not like it's their most dreary, niche songs.

I can only assume you're much older than the average R&L attendee because that setlist would go down like absolute shite. As would any setlist Radiohead could play.

Radiohead could do a 'pick the setlist' kind of thing for people attending and it'd still go down terribly. They're a marmite band at best but especially with an audience largely made up of students celebrating exam results/having a summer blow out and I imagine whatever dance act they'd inevitably put up against them on the NME would have a spectacularly large crowd.

21 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I can only assume you're much older than the average R&L attendee because that setlist would go down like absolute shite. As would any setlist Radiohead could play.

I mean I'm 20 but Radiohead have been my favourite band since I was 15, and I know that there's definitely still a strong (albeit relatively niche) fanbase among people that sorta age. I feel like they're kinda romanticised a bit by the kinda people who feel like they're too indie for classic britpop/current indie bands i.e. AM, Kasabian etc.

But I'm well aware that they wouldn't go down well at all and wouldn't be booked. Probably shouldn't have started this debate, just made the setlist out of interest of what it would look like and thought I'd post it.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I mean I'm 20 but Radiohead have been my favourite band since I was 15, and I know that there's definitely still a strong (albeit relatively niche) fanbase among people that sorta age. I feel like they're kinda romanticised a bit by the kinda people who feel like they're too indie for classic britpop/current indie bands i.e. AM, Kasabian etc.

But I'm well aware that they wouldn't go down well at all and wouldn't be booked. Probably shouldn't have started this debate, just made the setlist out of interest of what it would look like and thought I'd post it.

I'm 22 and I bet the majority of people I know at uni etc. would know like 5 Radiohead songs tops, nevermind the school leavers who attend R&L. They're also my favourite band but their songs just aren't well known amongst the R&L crowd. Even their bigger songs to us such as Idioteque/There There aren't gonna be known to teenagers unless they've actively gone out and listened to Radiohead albums; they don't exactly get airplay anywhere.

35 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

This is absolutely true. As good as they are, they're a basic next step option for teenagers after the big rock bands like Foo Fighters and Muse - that's how I got into them, same with all the fans that I know and I imagine many people on here did too. And I think that's accelerated over the years as they've become more of a sacred cow in the indie world.

Additionally I doubt people would just walk off distressed because they haven't played a Bends track for however long. Maybe those songs and ones of OK Computer and obviously Creep are still the most listened to among a large section but it doesn't mean the later stuff goes untouched.

Edited by dentalplan