Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, bigcharlie65 said:

honestly speaking from a youthful point of view Kendrick is much much bigger then paramore if you go up to anyone under the age of 25 they will say the same.

That's fair enough. But I do know purely from crowds previously that Paramore get crazy big crowds every time at Reading....it is the direct audience although as a big fan of previous I find it hard to look at the setlists they now play and jump for a ticket. I'm unsure I see them booking a rapper straight after Eminem...I don't think he could sell.as easily as Eminem by a stretch....not many can mind you.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah how else would I satisfy my desire to be Matt Bellamy

By wearing glowing shutter shades?

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Eminem and Kendrick appeal to totally different audiences. Booking Kendrick the year after booking Eminem is about as repetitive as booking Royal Blood the year after booking Muse.

But Muse are one of Royal Blood's biggest inspirations and they appeal to the same audience? You could have said dozens of other bands there neffew. :lol:

Edited by dentalplan

3 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

honestly speaking from a youthful point of view Kendrick is much much bigger then paramore if you go up to anyone under the age of 25 they will say the same.

I think Kendrick is a lot more of a love/hate band than Paramore who imo have a general appeal. Like Kendrick would sell more day tickets cause of the dedicated fans but Paramore would sell more weekend tickets as mots people like some aspect of Paramore (whether that be the heavier stuff or the poppier stuff).

However I agree they'd prefer to get Kendrick over Paramore as he is a lot more trendy atm

IMO I would say DAMN. is Kendricks most accessible album as it is a lot less experimental and more poppy. GKMC was a lot more traditional imo with really interesting lyricism but the beats are pretty standard. TPAB was just weird imo, it never clicked for me he was trying to do too many different things at once

6 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Woah, is this a list of bands there's allegations against or was this your higher main stage predictions? If it's allegations that's shocking didn't hear about Broco or Neck Deep.

Yeah Broco denied it (allegations were made at Rob the vocalist).

Neck Deep allegations I saw on twitter were made at someone called Lloyd (don't know Neck Deep as well, but just looked him up on wikipedia and apparently he was kicked out of the band in 2015 so it must be old news that has just resurfaced)

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I think Kendrick is a lot more of a love/hate band than Paramore who imo have a general appeal. Like Kendrick would sell more day tickets cause of the dedicated fans but Paramore would sell more weekend tickets as mots people like some aspect of Paramore (whether that be the heavier stuff or the poppier stuff)

Really? I'd have said it was closer to the opposite. Nobody outside of their fanbase is listening to Paramore in 2017, and certainly no school leavers likely to buy weekend tickets for R&L, wheeeas Kendrick is one of the most hailed and iconic artists of this generation.  

19 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Really? I'd have said it was closer to the opposite. Nobody outside of their fanbase is listening to Paramore in 2017, and certainly no school leavers likely to buy weekend tickets for R&L, wheeeas Kendrick is one of the most hailed and iconic artists of this generation.  

I feel that Kendrick would appeal to a lot more new reading fest attendees, however Paramore do have a huge fanbase and would appeal to a lot of the regular R&L attendees. either would outright headline in my opinion, i think Royal Blood are going to be a strong sub imo, although they probably do deserve a co headline slot.

Hmmm, do we think Foos will do R+L now that they are basically confirmed for TRNSMT. I feel like if they are doing EU fests at the start of the summer then why would they be back at the end of the summer too? IDK much about Murica fests or whatever so it may be that R+L is the best option still anyways, but especially considering they start shows up again in the US on the 1st of September, if they play the Saturday of Reading, Sunday Leeds (which they probs would) then they will give them only like 4 days turnaround after R+L to get back to the US for their shows....

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Hmmm, do we think Foos will do R+L now that they are basically confirmed for TRNSMT. I feel like if they are doing EU fests at the start of the summer then why would they be back at the end of the summer too? IDK much about Murica fests or whatever so it may be that R+L is the best option still anyways, but especially considering they start shows up again in the US on the 1st of September, if they play the Saturday of Reading, Sunday Leeds (which they probs would) then they will give them only like 4 days turnaround after R+L to get back to the US for their shows....

RHCP did a similar thing the other year playing T, going away and coming back for R&L. If they're at TRNSMT I don't think it counts them out of R&L at all really. They just lose a bit of exclusivity.

12 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

RHCP did a similar thing the other year playing T, going away and coming back for R&L. If they're at TRNSMT I don't think it counts them out of R&L at all really. They just lose a bit of exclusivity.

Oh yeah I don't think it counts them out, but yesterday I was 100% sure they would be there but now I am having doubts :P

34 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

How does TRNSMT even affect this? They were always doing European shows thru June. :P

But yeah, as others said they can come back (they've carved a hole in their US tour for it) and the logistics don't matter as they won't be taking their stadium setup to Europe for R+L and whatever other fest they might do.

44 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

How does TRNSMT even affect this? They were always doing European shows thru June. :P

But yeah, as others said they can come back (they've carved a hole in their US tour for it) and the logistics don't matter as they won't be taking their stadium setup to Europe for R+L and whatever other fest they might do.

Couldn't they just as easily stay in the US and do fests though? The big reason I thought they would be back is because they missed Scotland so they had to do Summer Sessions imo, but then if they are doing TRNSMT then they are literally just coming back for fests for a month. I guess they could they just no longer scream *they are 100% confirmed for this* to me anymore.

Like they could do Lolla first week in august (they are in Chicago end of July anyway so they wouldnt even have to go anywhere). Dunno many other US fests in August but I'm sure there are plenty they could play (or in Mexico + Canada)

19 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Couldn't they just as easily stay in the US and do fests though? The big reason I thought they would be back is because they missed Scotland so they had to do Summer Sessions imo, but then if they are doing TRNSMT then they are literally just coming back for fests for a month. I guess they could they just no longer scream *they are 100% confirmed for this* to me anymore.

Like they could do Lolla first week in august (they are in Chicago end of July anyway so they wouldnt even have to go anywhere). Dunno many other US fests in August but I'm sure there are plenty they could play (or in Mexico + Canada)

Reading is big Davey G's fave festival. They'll be there, don't worry. If they weren't playing they'd have added more stadium dates surely.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

From what I can see they won't be, seeing as there are three festivals they could do (Lollapalooza, Outside Lands and Osheaga) but they're already playing shows too close to those festivals to be considered, and the latest of the three is two weeks before R+L. And they'd have been coming to Europe for R+L, not Glasgow Summer Sessions - they might still do other shows like Tennent's Vital or something but R+L is one of Europe's biggest festivals so that's what they're coming over for, extra shows or not.

Edited by dentalplan

Imagine dragons/Royal Blood

Foo Fighters 

Kendrick Lamar 

Imagine dragons UK tour seems to be selling very well, Manchester Arena is sold out and don't think the rest is far from selling out despite slot of people saying there not relevant anymore they are still bringing in people. 

So with them co-headlining with Royal Blood think would make a string set of headliners. 

• Upvote 1