Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Nah next time Pararmore headline they'll be doing it outright. ATL are on their second arena tour, they're a sub sized band now.

i just can't see ATL in that spot as i think there was a very subdued reaction to their last album and this tour's not meant to be selling too hot, would definitely be suitable NME headliners though

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I didn’t realise FOB had fireworks too. I suppose I am wrong about that then. :P

While it wouldn’t be a surprise to see them pick up Arctic Monkeys, I think the uncertainty around the album release will have had them looking elsewhere as they can’t headline twice on the same album that’d be dumb as hell lol. Glasto 2019 gets mentioned as a reason why they might bite the bullet without an album but for all we know Glastonbury might not have approached them or they did for 2019 and Arctics were already in place for R+L. 

Tbh with Foos looking nailed on now I don't think they'll get Arctics, too. Even if they do Glasto 19 I imagine they'll try to get them to do a Muse and headline on the third Summer of the album being out, even if it's as a one off show or something. I guess TLSP's existence may make that less likely but yeah.

3 hours ago, callum97 said:

I'd also put money on Foos being the 1st announcement

Yeah, if Foos aren't announced first I would be throughly confused.

1 hour ago, Stuielooie said:

NME have pulled their show for Nothing But Thieves due to allegations

Shit them too? Kinda disgusting if all these allegations are true, like that is gutting all the higher mainstage acts on my preditions. Whats is the list of casualties at this point?

- Brand New

- Nothing But Thieves

- Don Broco

- Neck Deep

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah, if Foos aren't announced first I would be throughly confused.

Shit them too? Kinda disgusting if all these allegations are true, like that is gutting all the higher mainstage acts on my preditions. Whats is the list of casualties at this point?

- Brand New

- Nothing But Thieves

- Don Broco

- Neck Deep

Woah, is this a list of bands there's allegations against or was this your higher main stage predictions? If it's allegations that's shocking didn't hear about Broco or Neck Deep.

4 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Woah, is this a list of bands there's allegations against or was this your higher main stage predictions? If it's allegations that's shocking didn't hear about Broco or Neck Deep.

It's a list of all the bands that have had snowflakes come out on Twitter to try and join the bandwagon on shaming bands with some bullshit trend happening right now! Sorry but getting fed up with half these half assed allegations! 

"OMG some member of the band looked at me in a sexual way 5 years ago, i must have been assaulted" 

Edited by TornShaun
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

- Brand New

- Nothing But Thieves

- Don Broco

- Neck Deep

Neck Deep also? Hadn't heard about that. Impossible to keep track.

In the Download thread there was a log list, Pierce The Veil, Suicide Silence etc can't remember all.

I wonder why it's all bands from that scene.

2 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

It's a list of all the bands that have had snowflakes come out on Twitter to try and join the bandwagon on shaming bands with some bullshit trend happening right now! Sorry but getting fed up with half these half assed allegations! 

"OMG some member of the band looked at me in a sexual way 5 years ago, i must have been assaulted" 

Fucking hell you're a bellend.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

Neck Deep also? Hadn't heard about that. Impossible to keep track.

In the Download thread there was a log list, Pierce The Veil, Suicide Silence etc can't remember all.

I wonder why it's all bands from that scene.

Massive fanbase of teenage girls as well as coming to prominence during the Myspace/Social Media era where fan interaction increased massively.

6 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

Fall out Boy have announced 4 arena dates with their new album coming out. I assume that puts them in place to potentially play 3rd down or sub to a very strong three headliners.

No chance they played under sub at minimum

5 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

No way Kendrick would coheadline. Paramore/Royal Blood coheadline is much more likely. Also All Time Low wouldn't sub.

Paramore will headline out right over Kendrick imo but I also don't think either will play without outright topping the bill.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

It's a list of all the snowflakes that have come out on Twitter to try and join the bandwagon on shaming bands with some bullshit trend happening right now! Sorry but getting fed up with half these half assed allegations! 

Once a few allegations have been made, it's a catalyst for more as it gives people the courage to speak out. Not a bullshit trend at all. 

1 minute ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Massive fanbase of teenage girls as well as coming to prominence during the Myspace/Social Media era where fan interaction increased massively.

Yeah and these bands resonate with somewhat social outcasts and people with mental health problems moreso than most other genres so I guess they'd be easy targets

2 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Once a few allegations have been made, it's a catalyst for more as it gives people the courage to speak out. Not a bullshit trend at all. 

Courage to speak out years later, jog on! Why go on Social Media, why not go to the Police if it's that bad? Sorry but i just don't buy all this trending bullshit! 

• Downvote 3

Just now, TornShaun said:

Courage to speak out years later, jog on! Why go on Social Media, why not go to the Police if it's that bad? Sorry but i just don't buy all this trending bullshit! 

Well that's exactly my point about years later. Because they didn't have the courage when it happened, but now they've come to terms with it and have seen others in the same situation brought to justice it would obviously be encouraging

1 minute ago, TornShaun said:

You're a moron mate. Do you realise how difficult it must be for these people to speak out against much more powerful people than themselves? It's great that these people have been given the courage to come forward yet we've still got a load of necckbeard virgins thinking it's a ploy for attention.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Learn what victim shaming is and then stop it

Don't underestimate the trauma cased by sexual assault and the manipulation that an abuser will use. Reading these stories, it seems that these people did it for some sort of validation. Also, these things are incredibly hard to prove so the police will do nothing. Telling their stories on twitter is the only thing they can do

Christ I assumed you were some "edgy" 15 year old but your sig says you were at Reading '96 so clearly not. Embarrassing. When these allegations come from multiple different sources why on earth would you assume it's not true? Maybe they didn't go to the police because they didn't think they'd be believed or didn't want to think about what happened to them, but now others are coming forward they feel like it's the right time.

Just now, justanothername said:

Learn what victim shaming is and then stop it

Don't underestimate the trauma cased by sexual assault and the manipulation that an abuser will use. Reading these stories, it seems that these people did it for some sort of validation. Also, these things are incredibly hard to prove so the police will do nothing. Telling their stories on twitter is the only thing they can do

If you want some recommendations to fill up your now-empty music library you can always hit me up mate.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Will-2609 said:

You're a moron mate. Do you realise how difficult it must be for these people to speak out against much more powerful people than themselves? It's great that these people have been given the courage to come forward yet we've still got a load of necckbeard virgins thinking it's a ploy for attention.

If calling makes you feel better then so be it mate! But i personally ain't buying to this trend! Fad! Call it what you will!

• Downvote 5

If calling makes you feel better then so be it mate! But i personally ain't buying to this trend! Fad! Call it what you will!

Stop being a fucking bellend mate. These people obviously feel like now they can talk about it because others are. Get a grip and stop doing exactly what stops the victims wanting to talk about it.