Lineup 2018

9 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Only they seem to be headlining a few festivals within that tour, hence why i thought maybe?

Yeah but they’re not playing half a dozen arena shows in any other country. A UK festival show for Maiden at this point would be a tough enough sell without that.

9 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Would Maiden really be booked nowadays? I know Metallica headlined in '15 but Metallica have a few globally known songs whereas i feel that if you asked your average R&L punter to name a Maiden song, a lot wouldn't know?? would be a proper surprise if they were booked though.

Definitely this too.

Edited by dentalplan

Think Flo is more likely for 2019. Deffs think she'll be an outright headliner if she does it too, not a coheadline. Don't think she'll do it either year though, reckon the 1975 are more likely in 2019 and I couldn't see them booking both.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I can’t. A ‘pop and dance’ festival on borrowed time could probably do better than go and book a big-but-not-massive indie pop band as headliner. Latitude, IOW or an APE show seem better fits at this point.

I'd say flo is about perfect for the festival lite event and crowd that V is, and where the ticket buying is perhaps more female driven (because its festival lite) than for other fests.

If the renamed-V is going to be three days and be sustainable line-up wise every year it needs to broaden out a little in what it books, and Flo at the top of the bill would help with that slight re-positioning too, i reckon.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd say flo is about perfect for the festival lite event and crowd that V is, and where the ticket buying is perhaps more female driven (because its festival lite) than for other fests.

If the renamed-V is going to be three days and be sustainable line-up wise every year it needs to broaden out a little in what it books, and Flo at the top of the bill would help with that slight re-positioning too, i reckon.

Hm yeah I guess in the sense that it could be a different beast next year, but if we’re talking a continuation of Pink and Rihanna then I don’t agree that’s Florence’s place - especially since we’re talking about her in this thread. Plus it looks like SJM just puked it’s indie guts up over Warrington for next summer so I’m not sure how much repositioning will happen in that area.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hm yeah I guess in the sense that it could be a different beast next year, but if we’re talking a continuation of Pink and Rihanna then I don’t agree that’s Florence’s place - especially since we’re talking about her in this thread. Plus it looks like SJM just puked it’s indie guts up over Warrington for next summer so I’m not sure how much repositioning will happen in that area.

Expect those indie guts to pop up at Citadel/Community down south? Mebbe. :P

I'm thinking that a 3-day revamped renamed V will have proportionately less of of the Pink's and Rihanna's (but not absent for all time), and more of rock/pop such as Flo.

I can't really see how it can get a fat enough line-up year on year otherwise.

29 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Expect those indie guts to pop up at Citadel/Community down south? Mebbe. :P

I'm thinking that a 3-day revamped renamed V will have proportionately less of of the Pink's and Rihanna's (but not absent for all time), and more of rock/pop such as Flo.

I can't really see how it can get a fat enough line-up year on year otherwise.

I’m not convinced about them moving back to a general fare but you’re right to suggest a change of direction now it’s got a chance for a fresh start. It’s a pretty unpredictable year for festivals - this and Download aside.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’m not convinced about them moving back to a general fare

yeah, I'm not entirely, either. What Melvin was quoted as saying could be read as fairly big revamp, or no change.

But it has been struggling, so i reckon no change isn't really an option, and they've got to pull it back an amount from the hole it's gone down.

6 minutes ago, danz026 said:

I think it's highly unlikely for AM at this point. The only question is whether it's:

Foos --- Kendrick --- Royal Blood

Foos --- Kendrick/Royal Blood --- Insert Headliner

Foos --- Kendrick --- Royal Blood + co-headline

As much as I hope for Kendrick, we don't have much to go off besides his tour dates and Eminem being a success as a hip hop headliner

27 minutes ago, danz026 said:

I think it's highly unlikely for AM at this point. The only question is whether it's:

Foos --- Kendrick --- Royal Blood

Foos --- Kendrick/Royal Blood --- Insert Headliner

Foos --- Kendrick --- Royal Blood + co-headline

I'd be surprised if Royal Blood are anything less than coheadliner.

Agree Kendrick is more of a hope. Nothing solid suggesting he'll be there. If he is he'll headline outright though. No way he'd coheadline.

I've really warmed to the idea of paramore coheadlining with royal blood. If I had to bet right now I'd go for Royal Blood/Paramore (coheadline), Foo Fighters, Kendrick Lamar.

Edit - meant to quote all previous posts, sorry about that aha

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'd be surprised if Royal Blood are anything less than coheadliner.

Agree Kendrick is more of a hope. Nothing solid suggesting he'll be there. If he is he'll headline outright though. No way he'd coheadline.

I've really warmed to the idea of paramore coheadlining with royal blood. If I had to bet right now I'd go for Royal Blood/Paramore (coheadline), Foo Fighters, Kendrick Lamar.

Edit - meant to quote all previous posts, sorry about that aha

TBH I'd be more suprised if RB were a coheadliner, it makes more sense for the future of the festival but no doubt they'd sell more tickets just getting a better act (dunno if I trust FR to make the right decision)

Agreed on Kendrick, no way he wouldnt solo headline.

Paramore I'm not sure about. Like I believe their tour is with Live Nation, so they can't wont do BST (as it is AEG). So that kinda only leaves Reading? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see them but atm I'm not sure they'd be a very popular booking (considering most of the longtime fans didn't like their recent album that much). Guess it would work with Royal Blood tho (though it may end up being like a Biffy/FOB situation where Paramore closes both sites?)

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

If Paramore are going to co-headline with Royal Blood (which I'd love) then I can see it coming end of January or some point in February once their next set of UK dates are done.

If it was them playing, I think you're right. Deffo Foo's in December, actually maybe Kendrick announced in Jan? I feel that might happen, then RB and Paramore in March as the final headliners?