Lineup 2018

Been doing some thinking about reading 2018....

it will be announced in this order:

- Foo's (play Sunday (announced in December))

- Kendrick/ Royal Blood (To play Friday (announced in January))

- Arctic monkeys (Main headliner ( announced in march))

My evidence is that foo's are really likely because most rock bands that headline Glasto always play reading and Leeds the year before or after, and the foo's are touring the uk next summer, and they haven't been at reading in years!

I also believe arctic will be the last announced and the main headliner because their album and 2018 gigs will all be announced in march (maybe February) and they are defo much bigger (in the uk) than foo's. Also it would be massive news as they wouldn't have announced any gigs since 2014.

Kendrick I don't know much about but he has been spoken about for ages and would defo sell to the Eminem fans from 2017.

Royal blood have become too huge this year that I believe they will get a spot before the main headliner (arctic monkeys). This is also very likely because royal blood was once a support act on arctics uk AM tour.

Wolf Alice and bring me the horizon are also rumours as well as the kooks who are touring through out next year. I also think the wombats will either headline NME or have a good spot on the main stage as well as nothing but thieves and slaves.

Ive heard people talk about queen of the stoneage coming back (which would be amazing, but I don't see it), alt- j, vampire weekend, post Malone, septa and even tame impala but I have not seen any evidence for these acts.

Lemme know what u think!! xx

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Been doing some thinking about reading 2018....

it will be announced in this order:

- Foo's (play Sunday (announced in December))

- Kendrick/ Royal Blood (To play Friday (announced in January))

- Arctic monkeys (Main headliner ( announced in march))

My evidence is that foo's are really likely because most rock bands that headline Glasto always play reading and Leeds the year before or after, and the foo's are touring the uk next summer, and they haven't been at reading in years!

I also believe arctic will be the last announced and the main headliner because their album and 2018 gigs will all be announced in march (maybe February) and they are defo much bigger (in the uk) than foo's. Also it would be massive news as they wouldn't have announced any gigs since 2014.

Kendrick I don't know much about but he has been spoken about for ages and would defo sell to the Eminem fans from 2017.

Royal blood have become too huge this year that I believe they will get a spot before the main headliner (arctic monkeys). This is also very likely because royal blood was once a support act on arctics uk AM tour.

Wolf Alice and bring me the horizon are also rumours as well as the kooks who are touring through out next year. I also think the wombats will either headline NME or have a good spot on the main stage as well as nothing but thieves and slaves.

Ive heard people talk about queen of the stoneage coming back (which would be amazing, but I don't see it), alt- j, vampire weekend, post Malone, septa and even tame impala but I have not seen any evidence for these acts.

Lemme know what u think!! xx

Yeah, those all seem fair shouts :). Most have been going for Foos and Kendrick, with alot thinking Royal Blood will actually headline. Arctics many have been guessing, although there's doubts about them having music out etc.

Personally can't see BMTH or Tame Impala back next year, but the others all seem plausible to me.

Queens did the secret set this year which usually suggests playing the next year, but they're touring in June and supposedly doing their own open air shows so are less likely

Think that just about covers everything! 

Edited by Steve1000

17 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Artics just seems wishful thinking at the moment with no tangible evidence for when their new stuff is being released yet. I'd say the killers are even more likely than them at the moment unless news breaks before february of albums, shows etc. 

I dunno there are so many rumours for different festivals. If they do announce it'll be in February along the same time as Coachella etc. and announce them all at once. I still think they're more likely than Royal Blood headlining (and I don't know who RB could coheadline with realistically at this point)

Regarding Royal Blood.

I know it's been debated as to whether R&L is still a predominantly rock/indie festival or not, but the fact of the matter is that if they want to still be relatively regarded as that then they need to give new up and coming rock bands a boost, otherwise they're gonna have to repeat bookings all the time and fall on their arse. They really need to be giving Royal Blood the benefit of the doubt and at least let the coheadline, if not headline outright.

As has been previously suggested, I think whether they coheadline or headline outright will be dependent on whether there's a suitable act for them to coheadline with or not. Currently the only act I think is plausible would be paramore, which would be a good balance tbf. Royal Blood/Paramore (coheadline), Foo Fighters and Kendrick Lamar would be a great set of headliners and a good range of acts that appeal to the target demographics of R&L. If Paramore don't coheadline with Royal Blood, then yeah they'll probs need a stronger sub to justify it. I just can't see Royal Blood being booked as a sub.

If they book Arctics over Royal Blood I think they've missed a trick. Yeah they'd probably sell better, but in the long run it'll probably be worse for the festival booking the same acts over and over. Better to give Royal Blood a boost now while they're newer and fresher.

13 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Killswitch Engage playing Novarock festival in Austria in June (and supporting Iron Maiden on other European dates around then) which probably makes them unlikely for R&L. I know some people had them down on their predictions.

The tour actually finishes in the UK in August - and the other dates essentially rule them out of Download - so the door is still open.

Tbf tho I've only ever copied Andre on them headlining The Pit.

Edited by dentalplan

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The dream of KSE headlining The Pit is still alive :D 

K̶S̶E̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶n̶o̶u̶n̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶N̶o̶v̶a̶ ̶R̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶j̶u̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶D̶L̶?̶

ignore this ...

Edited by callum97

1 hour ago, VCK said:

Pixies have tweeted this.

Hmm. Bit random.

I was thinking only yesterday, i wonder if they'd have the Foos and Iron Maiden both headline next year? I know the Foos seem a good bet, and i thought Iron Maiden yesterday after they announced their tour dates for next year and they're finishing in England not far off the dates for R&L, and that they're not playing Download! 

7 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

I was thinking only yesterday, i wonder if they'd have the Foos and Iron Maiden both headline next year? I know the Foos seem a good bet, and i thought Iron Maiden yesterday after they announced their tour dates for next year and they're finishing in England not far off the dates for R&L, and that they're not playing Download! 

I should think the arena tour is instead of festivals.

5 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Would Maiden really be booked nowadays? I know Metallica headlined in '15 but Metallica have a few globally known songs whereas i feel that if you asked your average R&L punter to name a Maiden song, a lot wouldn't know?? would be a proper surprise if they were booked though.