Lineup 2018

Better than most bands they book. Stick em on Main on Kendrick day please along with the 3 other good main stage acts they manage to book.

But yeah I can see em as Lock Up/Pit headliners or ~6th down Main. Headlined Lock Up last time they played in 2014 so would that make Main more likely? Dunno how often they repeat headliners for that stage really.

Edit: Okay Alkaline Trio did it in 2010 and 2013 so that'd be fine I guess.

Edited by Will-2609

1 hour ago, Jayvk said:

Would love to see Reverend & The Makers play. Not sure if they've ever played the festival before or how well they'd be received but i'd love it. New album just out, maybe early main stage or somewhere on FR??

Excellent live band. Seen them a few times and they never fail to get everybody bouncing. They are what festivals are all about.

1 minute ago, devilman said:

Excellent live band. Seen them a few times and they never fail to get everybody bouncing. They are what festivals are all about.

Absolutely mate. I've only seen them live once and that was back in 2013 but I remember it was great and I'd love to see them again.

On 08/11/2017 at 5:45 PM, Jack w said:

This must pretty much confirm Gogol bordello , like the creeper giveaway?

30284D3B-9502-46A7-B978-06DCFC6E05AA.jpeg

It's just to promote the tour. Creeper and Gogol Bordello were among the bands that Ticketmaster were offering 2-for-1 tickets on a couple of weeks back, so I guess notifying R+L fans about them having gigs on the go thru the competition is within Live Nation's interests. Would expect Creeper to play nonetheless.

20 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

So Download has Guns n Roses for their final headliner. Pretty much confirmed that Foo Fighters are going to be headlining Leeds Festival next year then?

Certainly seeming more and more likely. Unless they're at Isle of Wight or BST as exclusives, there's nothing else stopping them that I can think of (unless of course they're doing no festivals at all which is unlikely).

Getting more confident that it's going to be Foos, Kendrick and Royal Blood.

2 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

So Download has Guns n Roses for their final headliner. 

I see Foo Fighters have been upped from a rumour to a strong rumour on the rumour page, which I presume is in response to this. I'm not in any particular rush to see them again after seeing them twice this year, although with a decent undercard I'd probably go to the day that they play.

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Certainly seeming more and more likely. Unless they're at Isle of Wight or BST as exclusives, there's nothing else stopping them that I can think of (unless of course they're doing no festivals at all which is unlikely).

Getting more confident that it's going to be Foos, Kendrick and Royal Blood.

The London dates pretty much cancel both of those out; BST cos they're already doing bigger shows in the capital (think they're back in the US anyway) and IOW because it's the same weekend and ultimately very unlikely. Simply put, they're 100% at R+L.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The London dates pretty much cancel both of those out; BST cos they're already doing bigger shows in the capital (think they're back in the US anyway) and IOW because it's the same weekend and ultimately very unlikely. Simply put, they're 100% at R+L.

Fingers crossed! Would really love to see them!

Is there any way we could get Arctics AND Foos (either with Royal Blood missing out altogether or being subs)?

Reason I ask is that I fancy this festival but I’m also desperate to see the Arctic Monkeys so I was hoping for RB/Kendrick/Arctics. If the Arctic Monkeys aren’t at Reading, are they likely to be somewhere else instead?

19 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Is there any way we could get Arctics AND Foos (either with Royal Blood missing out altogether or being subs)?

Reason I ask is that I fancy this festival but I’m also desperate to see the Arctic Monkeys so I was hoping for RB/Kendrick/Arctics. If the Arctic Monkeys aren’t at Reading, are they likely to be somewhere else instead?

If Artics aren't at Leeds it'll be cos their album won't be finished. There's a slight chance of them both performing but would cost big bucks so the likelihood is that it won't happen and AM probably wouldn't be at R+L till 2020 at the earliest cos of Glasto. BST is probably just as likely as them doing R+L also.