Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Korn subbed Download and played 3rd at R&L the following year. I seem to remember there were plenty of seating tickets available for their arena tours on the day too because I almost picked a few up. I wouldn't be massively surprised if they did sub, but right now I'm thinking that three of Catfish & The Bottlemen, Tame Impala, Twenty One Pilots, The Chainsmokers or Thirty Seconds to Mars to sub.

That's true but Korn are much less suited to Reading than ADTR. They must be a bigger deal now than 30STM and Chainsmokers can't even sell Ally Pally (I think). Also I think there a band they'd want to push so can get to Download headline size at least 

Right, not that many will care, but I can 100% see atleast two or three 'Trappers' next year. With the success of Migos this year I can see someone like Lil Uzi Vert playing a similar slot on the main stage or possibly second or third down on the NME. I can definitely see A$AP Ferg as 1Xtra headliner after the success of his recent album and he's already played R&L before. Similarly I can see Joey Bada$$ headlining on one of the night for the exact same reasons.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Joey’s pretty far from trap.

Yeah I wasn't considering Joey in the trap category don't worry. Joey is woke asf lmao. Nah, I was just pointing out I could see him headlining the tent one night while on the subject. 

For me the potential 1Xtra headliners are A$AP Ferg, Joey Bada$$, Amine, Ski Mask The Slump God, Dave, 21 Savage, Krept & Konan,Kano if he puts something new out. Can't think of many others besides those. Any other artists in the genre that I can think of would more likely play NME, Main Stage or earlier on in the day on 1Xtra.

2 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Right, not that many will care, but I can 100% see atleast two or three 'Trappers' next year. With the success of Migos this year I can see someone like Lil Uzi Vert playing a similar slot on the main stage or possibly second or third down on the NME. I can definitely see A$AP Ferg as 1Xtra headliner after the success of his recent album and he's already played R&L before. Similarly I can see Joey Bada$$ headlining on one of the night for the exact same reasons.

I'd say Joey Bada$$ is the most likely out of all of them I reckon and could see him and logic play one after the other or something scene as both their albums did really well and have both done the festival previously and toured together a few times now.

Fully want Earl Sweatshirt to drop that 3rd album next year and come and do the festival, would definitely go down well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Fully want Earl Sweatshirt to drop that 3rd album next year and come and do the festival, would definitely go down well.

I was going to include Earl in there somewhere as that would be amazing, but I just can't see the album dropping by then. ScHoolboy Q is nearly done on his next album, he might be a shout.

5 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I was going to include Earl in there somewhere as that would be amazing, but I just can't see the album dropping by then. ScHoolboy Q is nearly done on his next album, he might be a shout.

Think he'd probably be on the NME though if he were to play, not the 1Xtra

1 hour ago, Jayvk said:

i swear if earl doesn't drop anything by august i'll be seriously confused, especially with the amount of loosies he's played out since 2015, would be great if he played imo. can definitely see aminé, brockhampton, travis scott, lil uzi playing next year off the top off my head, but honestly a lot of the 1xtra/hip-hop bookings can feel pretty random so you never really know what to expect.

Edited by pepesilvia

3 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

i swear if earl doesn't drop anything by august i'll be seriously confused, especially with the amount of loosies he's played out since 2015, would be great if he played imo. can definitely see aminé, brockhampton, travis scott, lil uzi playing next year off the top off my head, but honestly a lot of the 1xtra bookings can feel pretty random, especially for american acts

Yeah I agree on the random thing, I mean if you were to ask someone to pick a few American rappers to play the tent and not headline, who honestly would've said Father, Russ, Rejjie Snow etc.? lmao

Edited by Jayvk

2 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Yeah I agree on the random thing, I mean if you were to ask someone to pick a few American rappers to play the tent and not headline, who honestly would've said Father, Russ, Rejjie Snow etc.? lmao

I definitely wouldn’t have said Rejjie Snow... cos he’s Irish. ;) I’ll stop pulling you up on stuff now.

It felt pretty random that Denzel Curry wasn’t on the line up despite a bunch of European festival dates around the weekend. Same with Chano to some extent but he ended up at Wireless and then cancelling everything else anyway - come to think about it I wonder if he’s been tapped to play Pukkelpop, Lowlands et al. again to make up for cancelling, and he could chuck in a R+L appearance without impinging on other UK fests.

42 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I definitely wouldn’t have said Rejjie Snow... cos he’s Irish. ;) I’ll stop pulling you up on stuff now.

It felt pretty random that Denzel Curry wasn’t on the line up despite a bunch of European festival dates around the weekend. Same with Chano to some extent but he ended up at Wireless and then cancelling everything else anyway - come to think about it I wonder if he’s been tapped to play Pukkelpop, Lowlands et al. again to make up for cancelling, and he could chuck in a R+L appearance without impinging on other UK fests.

I don't really listen to Rejjie much tbf although I should've known that haha. I always thought he was American. Feel free to pull me up on anything haha, there's probably a lot I get wrong lmao.

Would Denzel have headlined the tent on one of the nights if he was there? He would've been a great booking but if he would've had to headline I'm glad he wasn't there as Flatbush and Danny Brown were two of my main reasons for going this year.

Going back to the Rejjie being Irish, do you think Hare Squead are a possibility? I absolutely love them.

5 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Would Denzel have headlined the tent on one of the nights if he was there? He would've been a great booking but if he would've had to headline I'm glad he wasn't there as Flatbush and Danny Brown were two of my main reasons for going this year.

Going back to the Rejjie being Irish, do you think Hare Squead are a possibility? I absolutely love them.

Nah Denzel woulda just have been middle of the card somewhere. Definitely not on a par with those two names.

And I guess they're possible. As you say though, it seems pretty random and not particularly based on who has new material and what not.

• Upvote 1

I'm honestly pretty bad when it comes to predicting but is this somewhat realistic? (Clueless when it comes to Lock Up and FR stages so had to just put in bands I knew lmao)

FRIDAY

Main  Stage

Foo Fighters, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Vampire Weekend, Don Broco, Loyle Carner, Sundara Karma, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, IDLES

NME

All Time Low, Post Malone, Wretch 32

Dance Tent

The Prodigy, Tom Zanetti

The Pit

Rise Against, The Word Alive

Festival Republic

Lucy Rose, Django Django

1Xtra

Joey Bada$$, Mick Jenkins

Saturday

Main Stage

Kendrick Lamar, Tame Impala, Stormzy, Nothing But Thieves, Lil Uzi Vert, Tonight Alive, Deaf Havana, The Amazons, Arcane Roots, Bad Sounds

NME

Alt-J, Neck Deep, Wilkinson

Dance

Duke Dumont, Blonde

The Pit

Bury Tomorrow, Astroid Boys

Festival Republic

Peace, Ty Seagall

1XTRA

A$AP Ferg, Amine

Sunday

Main Stage

Arctic Monkeys, Twenty One Pilots, Wolf Alice, J Hus, Everything Everything, The Sherlocks, The Night Cafe, The Big Moon, Cabbage, Otherkin

NME

Enter Shikari, ScHoolboy Q, Portugal. The Man

Dance

Hannah Wants, Lookas

The Lock Up

Skindred, Trapt

Festival Republic

Amber Run, Healy

1Xtra

Kano, The Underachievers

• Upvote 1