Lineup 2018

19 hours ago, Andre91 said:

We Got This is no lighter than a number of ADTR's more Pop Punk centred songs like It's Complicated, City of Ocala or All Signs Point To Lauderdale. Bad Vibrations has some of their heaviest tracks on there, you should check out the title track, Exposed and Reassemble :) 

As for Shikari, The Spark seems like the natural successor to A Flash Flood of Colour to me instead of The Mindsweep, which is their most expansive album (and the one that I think is their best). I'd recommend trying Take My Country Back, Airfield and Undercover Agents from The Spark to see what you think. 

Will give both a listen ,shows that I shouldn't listen to one single and presume the likes of Shikari and ADTR have jumped on the pop bandwagon.its just that so many bands have done that lately

image.png.1e4355aba2e013d2d57559f4fdfa133b.png

Anybody seen this? 30SecondsToMars charging close to $1000 to do a meet and greet on their tour? That's a good 3/4 festivals right there..

I wonder if they would be up for R&L, sounds like they're all about the money now.

Edited by Jakari
Pushed enter too early..

16 minutes ago, Jakari said:

image.png.1e4355aba2e013d2d57559f4fdfa133b.png

Anybody seen this? 30SecondsToMars charging close to $1000 to do a meet and greet on their tour? That's a good 3/4 festivals right there..

I wonder if they would be up for R&L, sounds like they're all about the money now.

I guess this is where Leto's celebrity really comes in to play. Fucking scandalous of them to take advantage of it, but then people seem to be happily paying it so what do I know? Don't they even have a summer camp-esque thing in America for their Echelon fanclub? Bizarre. 

The extent that 30STM milk their fans is absolutely horrific. I wouldn't even pay £20 to meet someone from a band, let alone those horrendous figures they charge. They know their fans will pay it. Disgusting. 

And then you have Dan from Bury Tomorrow tweeting that on their upcoming tiny tour next week he will be out the front of the venues each night selling their old merch stock and hanging with those coming to the shows. 

Worlds apart. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

Both the presales they have done for Foo Fighters have completely sold out in minutes for the UK tour. They would be good ticket sellers and covers the whole "legend" and Rock headline that people have been saying about. Does anyone know if Foos have a support act in the UK?

Do Prodigy have what it takes to be a main stage sub? They would get the crowd going.

18 minutes ago, pwe24 said:

Does anyone know if Foos have a support act in the UK?

Do Prodigy have what it takes to be a main stage sub? They would get the crowd going.

They will likely have at least two support acts; a newer British band opening and an established one. Be warned though, there's a good chance of Kaiser Chiefs.

The Prodigy definitely could sub the main stage as they've proven before but it's whether the festival wants 'em to I suppose - they've been out of favour with UK festivals recently for whatever reason. I'm more expectant of a run of mid-sized festival headline slots than returning to sub at the likes of R+L.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They will likely have at least two support acts; a newer British band opening and an established one. Be warned though, there's a good chance of Kaiser Chiefs.

Has been Royal Blood in the past though.

Foos are definitely who i'm thinking as main headliner. Few years before Artics return.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it was UK leg 2015 when Royal Blood supported when they fit in the new British band and they had Iggy Pop that year (established one) Kaiser Chiefs supported them on that tour as well during another leg of the tour. I don't mind Kaiser Chiefs. Hoping for the Struts, they was great at Reading and been on tour with Foos already.

QOTSA supporting Foos in Brazil in this tour so the standard is high.

6 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Kaiser Chiefs are neither a new British band or an established one surely. Saw them in Manchester a few months back and they were okay but the arena was so empty, definitely fallen off.

Of course they’re established, they’re over a decade into their career still doing arenas and the singer was a judge on a mainstream TV singing contest. A household name, pretty much.

Also I didn’t expect these broad descriptors to be up to so much scrutiny. Does it matter?

1 minute ago, pwe24 said:

Yeah it was UK leg 2015 when Royal Blood supported when they fit in the new British band and they had Iggy Pop that year (established one) Kaiser Chiefs supported them on that tour as well during another leg of the tour. I don't mind Kaiser Chiefs. Hoping for the Struts, they was great at Reading and been on tour with Foos already.

QOTSA supporting Foos in Brazil in this tour so the standard is high.

Aye they’ve also got a tour with Weezer just before that in Australia. I think when they’ve got names like those they announce them from the off but there might be a nice surprise in store. Certainly won’t be Queens in this country though.

Probably a good chance of The Struts opening, or possibly Idles again.

8 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Dudey Rhino is having a 2018 lineup livestream discussion on Youtube rn this chat seems to have some pretty good guesses so go check it out if youd like - not a promo or anything he is nothing to do with me 

I like some of his content although he is obsessed with thinking that grime is going to take over the world somehow

6 minutes ago, TapeRecorder said:

try that hahahah

Is this a grown man with a YouTube channel dedicated to Reading and Leeds festivals? His rock love and grime hate is as embarrassing as the Courteeners-obsessed Manc people on Twitter who think everything other than lad rock isn't proper music.

Also what was even the point in that video? Man actually hand wrote a line-up of his favourite bands on canvas with Rammstein half way down The Pit and included his own band and one band just so his cousin would buy a ticket... To a festival that isn't even happening...

This has made me unnecessarily angry smh.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Is this a grown man with a YouTube channel dedicated to Reading and Leeds festivals? His rock love and grime hate is as embarrassing as the Courteeners-obsessed Manc people on Twitter who think everything other than lad rock isn't proper music.

Also what was even the point in that video? Man actually hand wrote a line-up of his favourite bands on canvas with Rammstein half way down The Pit and included his own band and one band just so his cousin would buy a ticket... To a festival that isn't even happening...

As soon as I saw Rammstein halfway down The Pit AND misspelled, I clicked off.

Just now, Jayvk said:

As soon as I saw Rammstein halfway down The Pit AND misspelled, I clicked off.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

was just who he'd like to see there and no he doesnt just do festival content however the couple of videos he made a few years ago drew in a lot of people who are interested in that stuff and meet him at the festival and stuff. its not a seriously intellectual attempt like this forum, obvs its not accurate etc but he enjoyed it and so did the people that watched it

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Man complained about grime cos it was originally a rock festival... When it was originally a jazz festival... Fuck sake.

Yeah, he doesn't come off as the smartest from that video. Foals to headline NME? Sure mate. I mean if you're gonna make a prediction you might aswell atleast have a look at how big certain bands are for their placements.

Edited by Jayvk