Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Definitely can't see Royal Blood solo headlining. They have gotten far worse placements at all other festivals (3rd down at Glasto etc.) and I can't see they would look so weak compared to Kendrick and Arctics. Defo can see them coheadlining, the issue is I don't really know who would be best coheadline with them (otherwise they could be stuck subing tbh). Paramore I think is most likely, 21P aren't big enough yet and I dont think QOTSA are busy elsewhere. I kinda hope Prodigy but I doubt it.

No way they'll get Foos and Arctics in one year lol. There would be no point buisness wise as just one would sell well anyways and then they could spread it over 2 years.

aye that's the issue, I'm trying to think who they'd coheadline with but can't think of anyone that would fit. I guess they could be booked as a sub but I really think R&L would push for them to at least coheadline.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

aye that's the issue, I'm trying to think who they'd coheadline with but can't think of anyone that would fit. I guess they could be booked as a sub but I really think R&L would push for them to at least coheadline.

i do think 21P with Royal Blood could work

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Definitely can't see Royal Blood solo headlining. They have gotten far worse placements at all other festivals (3rd down at Glasto etc.) and I can't see they would look so weak compared to Kendrick and Arctics. Defo can see them coheadlining, the issue is I don't really know who would be best coheadline with them (otherwise they could be stuck subing tbh). Paramore I think is most likely, 21P aren't big enough yet and I dont think QOTSA are busy elsewhere. I kinda hope Prodigy but I doubt it.

No way they'll get Foos and Arctics in one year lol. There would be no point buisness wise as just one would sell well anyways and then they could spread it over 2 years.

Royal Blood could outright headline I think,  They'd be bigger than some we've had recently and I don't think the Glasto placings relevant. That said, I think they should co-headline because they'd be boring as fuck for 90 minutes and there are plenty other options for co-headliners. 

I don't see why they wouldn't get Arctics and Foos in the same year if they could. Them two plus a weakun ain't much different to Eminem/ Kasabian/ Muse, and there should be other options the next year. Plus Leeds doesn't sell out so they still need the lineup as strong as possible

Just now, Steve1000 said:

Royal Blood could outright headline I think,  They'd be bigger than some we've had recently and I don't think the Glasto placings relevant. That said, I think they should co-headline because they'd be boring as fuck for 90 minutes and there are plenty other options for co-headliners. 

I don't see why they wouldn't get Arctics and Foos in the same year if they could. Them two plus a weakun ain't much different to Eminem/ Kasabian/ Muse, and there should be other options the next year. Plus Leeds doesn't sell out so they still need the lineup as strong as possible

royal blood only have 2 albums, 30 mins each they don't even have enough songs to headline outright they would have to co-headline

Just now, Steve1000 said:

They talk and like an extended riff/ outro so 3 minute songs end up about 11 minutes live

would feel so dragged out I think, so cant see r&l doing it, if they coheadline biffy and FOB then cant see Royal blood with 2 albums headlining outright unless they blew all their money on the other two headliners

Just now, Jack w said:

would feel so dragged out I think, so cant see r&l doing it, if they coheadline biffy and FOB then cant see Royal blood with 2 albums headlining outright unless they blew all their money on the other two headliners

TBH cant be worse than the Catfish headlining Community for an hour and a half. Was basically just the same song over and over for an hour and a half....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Yea I agree and it would be abit shit, but bands have headlined before with just 2 albums and they're big enough.

As for who to co-headline with, Paramore BMTH or The Strokes would work and would do me just fine

1 minute ago, Jack w said:

thing is, Royal Blood are arguably more popular/relevant than Biffy right now. they blew up really quick and their live shows always seem to have positive response. I reckon they've already peaked though, and R&L possibly know that too, so if they're ever gonna headline the time is probably right now. It wouldn't shock me either way if they headlined outright or as a coheadliner, but they are pretty massive right now.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

thing is, Royal Blood are arguably more popular/relevant than Biffy right now. they blew up really quick and their live shows always seem to have positive response. I reckon they've already peaked though, and R&L possibly know that too, so if they're ever gonna headline the time is probably right now. It wouldn't shock me either way if they headlined outright or as a coheadliner, but they are pretty massive right now.

yeah either way would be good I just think a co headline would just make the night more fresh and exciting and sell more tickets, anyway im seeing them in bournemouth next month which should be good and as they wont be in the uk much after that seems likely

28 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

They were booked for that Glasto slot before their second album came out. It's the same as how QOTSA subbed Download in 2013 after ...Like Clockwork came out and then headlined R&L the following year (yeah they co-headlined but no one would have batted an eyelid if they'd headlined outright).

If they co-headline I think the most likely options are Paramore, Florence or BMTH if they're back on the road by then. I had been thinking Paramore would do BST but I saw recently that they did Europe in the early Summer this year so next year they're probably more likely to do late Summer and if so they'd probably end up at R&L. Maybe 21P or Catfish if they're absolutely desperate but I can't see it.

I don't think they will get Foos and Arctic Monkeys but I wouldn't totally rule it out. What if Foos tell them they're not coming back to Europe in 2019 and Arctic Monkeys are signed on for Glasto in 2019 (which I expect them to be)? Then they'd probably book them both next year and have a weaker undercard similar to this year.

28 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

They were booked for that Glasto slot before their second album came out. It's the same as how QOTSA subbed Download in 2013 after ...Like Clockwork came out and then headlined R&L the following year (yeah they co-headlined but no one would have batted an eyelid if they'd headlined outright).

If they co-headline I think the most likely options are Paramore, Florence or BMTH if they're back on the road by then. I had been thinking Paramore would do BST but I saw recently that they did Europe in the early Summer this year so next year they're probably more likely to do late Summer and if so they'd probably end up at R&L. Maybe 21P or Catfish if they're absolutely desperate but I can't see it.

I don’t think Paramore’s European touring pattern matters that much. They’re fuck all in mainland Europe so they’re not likely to be factoring a UK date into a larger European tour - more likely a break in their US tour really.

Edited by dentalplan

If they can get Paramore or Florence and the Machine to coheadline with Royal Blood then they’d be daft not to but I think they’d rather have RB on their own than prematurely bump Twenty One Pilots or Catfish and the Bottlemen to headline.

We’re talking about em being announced in four or five months max. and does anyone think either of those two bands are just an album announcement away from headlining Reading and Leeds? I get how big 21P are and all that but they’d definitely be blowing their beans too early if they headlined next year rather than the years after when their new album has had time to infiltrate mainstream radio.