Lineup 2018

6 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

His last tours have been multiple academy dates 

Like 2 nights at Manchester academy 

2 nights at rock city etc 

And did around 18 shows including Alexandra Palace 

Then played multiple towns 

Then obviously got the Round House gigs 

But Reading and Leeds have been palming him off with solo sets on the FR stage or ‘special guest opening act’. Why would they suddenly give him a big slot? Festivals like Boardmasters and Victorious aren’t even giving him decent slots.

But he headlined Beautiful days only about a year ago? But yeahh I can sort of understand. Think his market in UK tours hasn't dropped. Loyal fanbase but I look at the demographic and there isn't many 16-19 yr olds who go his concerts, most are at least mid 20s to even 50s. Still think he could be positioned pretty high up though if Green Day play. Maybe 3rd or 4th on main on same day as Green Day. 

3 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Wouldn't the ongoing beef between Kendrick and Big Sean possibly put them off booking both? Or atleast both not on same stage and same day.

Didn't even know there was beef but potentially :P Just now Big Sean had done Wireless and stuff before and I am clueless about a lot of rappers lol.

2 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

Frank Turner could headline NME no problem.Especially over Pendulum. Frank Turner Love Ire And Song in full plus half hour of other material would go down a treat in my eyes. 

I think there will be a DnB NME headliner next year 100%, with Pendulum, Chase & Status and Rudimental all around, I can't see none of them turning up. I think Rudimental will be less likeley, but could see C&S or Pendulum doing it.

As others have said, I'm not sure FT is popular enough with the demographic tbh. I can see him doing 3rd down on the NME or maybe 4th/5th down main, but no higher than that tbh. Don't think he is a big enough name with the kids to have a really prominent slot (tho they did it with KoRn so who knows)

9 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Just come back from a packed 02 academy in Bristol watching Mad Caddies,Anti Flag and Reel Big Fish.

Oh for the days when they were typical Lock-up bands 

gutted i didnt hear about this tour, loved them at slammers and would have been all over that manc date

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I dunno I think Foos would be better than Green Day in there but I dunno who else to get rid of. Maybe no Kendrick?

HALFprediction.png

i just don't think wolf alice will be that high up and the corteeners yes I know they have sold out shows but there not well known whe your comparing them to stormzy and 21p

14 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

i just don't think wolf alice will be that high up and the corteeners yes I know they have sold out shows but there not well known whe your comparing them to stormzy and 21p

Wolf Alice are huge right now and their album got to number 2 only beaten by the killers if im correct. 

Courteeners have played 3rd down and nme headliner last 2 R+L's theyve been at and have a sort of legendary status that resonates more in the North as they fill the gap in the market left by Oasis and couldn't see them any further that 3rd/4th down. Moreover, they've put 21P and stormzy higher than them anyway so I'm not sure of your point.

Edited by MIchael_scarn
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Just come back from a packed 02 academy in Bristol watching Mad Caddies,Anti Flag and Reel Big Fish.

Oh for the days when they were typical Lock-up bands 

Honestly I prefer the current Lock Up though I will say that 2014 is where it peaked for me. Mike Davies really went out on a high on that one

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bigcharlie65 said:

The way you should read that sunday for the main stage is that there are 2 headliners, and no sub headliner. So everyone else is shoved one spot further down e.g. Wolf Alice is on the same tier as Courtneers & Wombats, DB is on the same tier as NBT and Sigma, Neck Deep is on the same tier as Everything Everything & Big Sean etc.

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Also, not sure how accurate it is but all the rumour going around at the moment is that Coachella headliners will be Beyonce, The Weeknd and Arctic Monkeys. If that is true then I guess AM is a bunch more likely?

If true that's the shittest trio they've had that I can remember

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Rumours floating about on twitter that Catfish and the Bottlemen have split up. I won't believe it til it's official but I'm pretty excited about the prospect.

Been keeping an eye on this but can’t seem to find anything of note that would have caused the rumours

NME Said about Catfish:

After releasing ‘The Ride‘ last year, the band declared that they were “ready to go” with their new album.
“The end of the year is when we’re supposed to start recording but I think we’ll be done by then,” frontman  Van McCann told Newsbeat back in March. “I don’t know when we’ll be allowed but we’re ready to go, I’ve got the songs.

They had a packed NME tent in 2015. Could be sub? They supported Green day before?

45 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

It seems a bit odd considering Beyonces and Weeknds album came out a year ago already. Other than that I don't think its that suprising that they keep moving towards being a pop festival

47 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

The big rumour a few weeks ago was Beyoncé, The Chainsmokers and The Weeknd so it could be much worse!

Arctic Monkeys sounds more realistic than Chainsmokers but I'd wait until a decent press outlet confirms as much, which usually comes around this time of year. They still need an album out to play R+L as far as I'm concerned and that seems up in the air but scheduled dates would be a gamechanger.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I just heard Will Smith's new song and it sounds like a really shitty Major Lazer track. Gotta be a good shout to play now tho right?

Could see him headlining Bestival. Might not impact whether he'd play R&L or not but for some reason I can't see him being there. Had been wondering what hip-hop act Bestival could get as a headliner next year.

6 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

It seems a bit odd considering Beyonces and Weeknds album came out a year ago already. Other than that I don't think its that suprising that they keep moving towards being a pop festival

Beyoncé is because she was going to headline this year but postponed it as she was pregnant. She was always going to headline 2018