Lineup 2018

Just now, Steve1000 said:

People seem to be talking like the big draw needs to be a rock band, but I don't see why it couldn't be Drake or Yeezy

anyways here's a big rock band that'll be touring in 2018 - The Stones

Yeah I was gonna say it could be Drake but obv only if they don't have Kendrick, too. And with the Primavera organiser saying he's in Europe late Summer and the three London arena dates making Wireless seem unlikely, it hopefully seems like Kendrick should be a goer.

No chance of The Stones at R&L. They're supposed to be doing this thing at Knebworth anyway, aren't they?

2 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

People seem to be talking like the big draw needs to be a rock band, but I don't see why it couldn't be Drake or Yeezy

anyways here's a big rock band that'll be touring in 2018 - The Stones

The Stones would be amazing! Can't see them playing it though! 

11 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Not sure if this proves anything but a fuck load kids in Leeds wear Maiden merch, and gets sold at topman etc. 

Also am I right in thinking I heard Axl/Dc are about this year?

EDIT - No I'm not, never mind 

Yeah but none of them actually listen to the band. I bet most of them couldn't even name you an Iron Maiden song. It's the same as when everyone wore Ramones stuff because it was sold in Topman, etc.

No way are Maiden playing R&L. Even my friends who are into metal would turn their noses up at that (and would have done so when we were 16/17, too).

Yeah Green Day seems a decent shout

Hows this?

Green Day / 21 Pilots / Vampire Weekend Everything Everything / Mastodon / Creeper / Every Time I Die / Touché Amore / Idles

Friendly Fires / Editors

Kendrick / Tame Impala / Wolf Alice / Tyler The Creator / J Hus / Of Mice and Men / Arcane Roots / As It Is / Future of The Left

The Offspring / Nothing But Thieves

Royal Blood + Florence / Stormzy / Don Broco / Zack De la rocha / The Amazons / The Sherlocks / Fickle Friends / HMLTD

Travis Scott / Bugzy Malone

Edited by Steve1000

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I dunno I think Foos would be better than Green Day in there but I dunno who else to get rid of. Maybe no Kendrick?

HALFprediction.png

Looks alright tha, and yeah I couldn't see them having Paramore, Royal Blood, Green Day and Foos in one year

Also I'd swap Shikari with The Wombats, wouldn't clash with them, and a few NME bands are too low

EDIT - Probably swap Stormzy and 21P also

Edited by Steve1000

The majority of the songs on Green Day's greatest hits album have been mainstays in their sets for years, I don't see any particular reason to tour it to be honest. Haven't they just finished a ~3 year worldwide tour of Revolution Radio too? I'd be surprised if they don't take at least a few years off. 

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

The majority of the songs on Green Day's greatest hits album have been mainstays in their sets for years, I don't see any particular reason to tour it to be honest. Haven't they just finished a ~3 year worldwide tour of Revolution Radio too? I'd be surprised if they don't take at least a few years off. 

maybe as a close for the massive tour before the next time off?

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

That tour's only been going about a year. They don't tour prolifically but a new greatest hits would be enough reason to do another summer I guess - but as you say they're all staples that don't really need selling.

5 minutes ago, Jack w said:

maybe as a close for the massive tour before the next time off?

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That tour's only been going about a year. They don't tour prolifically but a new greatest hits would be enough reason to do another summer I guess - but as you say they're all staples that don't really need selling.

Damn, one year? I felt like RR had been a lot longer than that so I guess continuing the tour is feasible. Their UK tour wasn't exactly comprehensive either with a few arena dates and BST. I'd be all for it - there aren't many of the (once)stadium sized bands who exude genuine fondness for the crowd they're performing to. 

... a Green Day greatest hits album that doesn't include Waiting, Jesus of Suburbia or St. Jimmy :rtfm:

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Looks alright tha, and yeah I couldn't see them having Paramore, Royal Blood, Green Day and Foos in one year

Also I'd swap Shikari with The Wombats, wouldn't clash with them, and a few NME bands are too low

EDIT - Probably swap Stormzy and 21P also

Didn't wanna stack all the Hip-Hop on one day thou I'd agree otherwise about swapping Stormzy and 21P. It aint ideal but I dunno where else to put him.

I feel like Wombats are more popular than shikari and do a better job at hyping a crowd up. Also, Shikari seem to be doing a Slaves and fading into irrelavnce given how little hype there was for their last album and how poorly it sold. Wombats however are hyping up their new album, just come off of subing community etc. I think they'd fit way better on the main stage too (can't wait to see some of their classics on the mainstage). That and if varies up the NME as Shikari are a lot heavier (and makes it look a little less late 00's given I also predict Pendulum :P)

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I dunno I think Foos would be better than Green Day in there but I dunno who else to get rid of. Maybe no Kendrick?

HALFprediction.png

Surely Frank Turner couldnt be that low. Hes done an arena tour and sold out 4 dates at the round house in an hour or so last week. Maybe some sort of early in the morning performance

1 minute ago, TapeRecorder said:

Surely Frank Turner couldnt be that low. Hes done an arena tour and sold out 4 dates at the round house in an hour or so last week. Maybe some sort of early in the morning performance

I had him pegged for 4th down on the NME but his name is so fucking long so Khalid fitted but on the same row as Porter lol. Guess he could be 3rd down on the NME but I dunno who else I would get rid of (Porter maybe?) as they all seem likely to play next year

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Didn't wanna stack all the Hip-Hop on one day thou I'd agree otherwise about swapping Stormzy and 21P. It aint ideal but I dunno where else to put him.

I feel like Wombats are more popular than shikari and do a better job at hyping a crowd up. Also, Shikari seem to be doing a Slaves and fading into irrelavnce given how little hype there was for their last album and how poorly it sold. Wombats however are hyping up their new album, just come off of subing community etc. I think they'd fit way better on the main stage too (can't wait to see some of their classics on the mainstage). That and if varies up the NME as Shikari are a lot heavier (and makes it look a little less late 00's given I also predict Pendulum :P)

Still I don't think they'd clash Shikari with Royal Blood/ Paramore. I might be wrong but surely The Wombats couldn't do a tour the size of Shikaris?

8 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Still I don't think they'd clash Shikari with Royal Blood/ Paramore.

Oh thats a good point tbh. Should probs shove all the NME lineups over a day (Friendly Fires vs. Green Day, Pendulum vs RB/Paramore and Shikari vs. Kendrick)

9 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I might be wrong but surely The Wombats couldn't do a tour the size of Shikaris?

I don't think they'd be that dissimilar. Heck wombats 2015 album beat shikaris 2015 album so..... I dunno IMO wombats dont really benefit from a late night slot but Shikari would

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

HALFprediction.png

Wouldn't the ongoing beef between Kendrick and Big Sean possibly put them off booking both? Or atleast both not on same stage and same day.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I had him pegged for 4th down on the NME but his name is so fucking long so Khalid fitted but on the same row as Porter lol. Guess he could be 3rd down on the NME but I dunno who else I would get rid of (Porter maybe?) as they all seem likely to play next year

Frank Turner could headline NME no problem.Especially over Pendulum. Frank Turner Love Ire And Song in full plus half hour of other material would go down a treat in my eyes. 

1 hour ago, TapeRecorder said:

That arena tour was a long time ago. He’s supported arena shows since then. I think they’d have had him back this year in a prominent slot if he was worth one.

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Do these Foos shows make that much of a difference? I'm sure they will sell out on Friday when they go on sale and R&L could announce them in Feb or something and it wouldn't matter because the shows sold out months before. 

Royal Blood, Kendrick & Foos is a really good trio. 

I think so personally. How rare is it that an act does stadiums and R+L in the same summer? To me it’s 50-50 and will probably slide negatively if they add more dates at those venues.