Lineup 2018

18 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

NAH there not but if they co-headline with someone like alt-j.

Royal Blood have sold tens of thousands of tickets to their arena tour this year whereas alt-J were struggling to sell out smaller venues last month than when they subbed. Why a much smaller band validates another’s headline status, I do not know.

Edited by dentalplan

15 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Gonna be Stone Sour next year ain't it?

Yeah, for sure. I wasn't being serious :P would be a nice surprise anyway. 

Anyone given any thought to Iron Maiden? I can't stand them and I don't think it will be them, but could they do it? They're about next summer and they won't be doing DL again so soon, surely. 

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Anyone given any thought to Iron Maiden? I can't stand them and I don't think it will be them, but could they do it? They're about next summer and they won't be doing DL again so soon, surely. 

no chance surely 

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah can't see that at all. No clout at all with people who go to R&L. At least Metallica are seen as a pretty cool band to like and everyone knows a few of their songs. Maiden are just boring metal for old farts. Defo BST or IOW if they're anywhere.

Just read that Green Day are releasing a Greatest hits album "Greatest Hits: God’s Favourite Band" on November 17. Always seem to be putting out shows everywhere. 

I think the Killers could be good headliner they have got a strong setlist and some well known belters. Maybe they could be a Co-headliner or Sub?

Kendrick, Foos and AM I think would be a complete sold out year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

I think we'll find out whether The Killers are playing or not in the first announcement. Their UK tour is in November and is completely sold out so I don't see a reason for them to not be the first headliner announced if they are playing.

you might be onto something there. A big festie announcement just as the tour finishes is something that happens now and then.

19 minutes ago, pwe24 said:

Just read that Green Day are releasing a Greatest hits album "Greatest Hits: God’s Favourite Band" on November 17. Always seem to be putting out shows everywhere. 

They don’t seem to actually tour that frequently but if they start touring that greatest hits album then I think there’s a very good chance of them headlining. Remains to be seen whether they would tour it though - don’t suppose they need to.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Royal Blood's tour also finishes in the last week of November so they'd fit that, too. Although they may not want them as the first headliner announced due to them being a small one.

Yeah I didn't mention them for this reason, the smallest headliner seems to be the last one announced since I've been following it over the last few years. Your point about Arctic Monkeys is true though, we'll have to see.

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah I didn't mention them for this reason, the smallest headliner seems to be the last one announced since I've been following it over the last few years. Your point about Arctic Monkeys is true though, we'll have to see.

Tbf with Arctic Monkeys I wouldn't expect them to be announced until they'd revealed their album plans. With my current guess of Royal Blood/Paramore, Arctic Monkeys and Kendrick I have no idea who I'd expect announced first.

Been a while since I last posted but thought would have a go at a prediction. Obviously very erly days but let me know what you guys think:

Friday

Paramore - Co Headline
Royal Blood - Co Headline
Twenty One Pilots
Pierce the Veil
The Cribs
Neck Deep
Declan Mckenna
Viva Brother
Idles

Nothing But Thieves

Saturday

The 1975
Frank Ocean
Prophets of Rage
The Streets
Don Broco
Peace
Skindred
Fickle Friends
HMLTD

Enter Shikari

Sunday

Arctic Monkeys - Think they will release the album just before the fest like 09
Lana Del Rey
Wolf Alice
Dizzee Rascal
The Wombats
Creeper
Blood Red Shoes
Pulled Apart By Horses
Creeper

All Time Low

3 minutes ago, SOAD said:

Been a while since I last posted but thought would have a go at a prediction. Obviously very erly days but let me know what you guys think:

Friday

Paramore - Co Headline
Royal Blood - Co Headline
Twenty One Pilots
Pierce the Veil
The Cribs
Neck Deep
Declan Mckenna
Viva Brother
Idles

Nothing But Thieves

Saturday

The 1975
Frank Ocean
Prophets of Rage
The Streets
Don Broco
Peace
Skindred
Fickle Friends
HMLTD

Enter Shikari

Sunday

Arctic Monkeys - Think they will release the album just before the fest like 09
Lana Del Rey
Wolf Alice
Dizzee Rascal
The Wombats
Creeper
Blood Red Shoes
Pulled Apart By Horses
Creeper

All Time Low

The 1975 won't be touring by August 2018. Reckon they'll headline in 2019. Also can't see Frank Ocean touring Europe again next Summer, or Lana Del Rey playing.

who thinks stormzy,skepta or any mainstream grime acts are gonna go

or any XXXtentacion or 21 savage or postmalone thinking they might play wireless but all are probably rooting for reading

theres also Django Django new album 'marble skies' and they'll be up for it

also vampire weekend have featured KANYE in there new album

just some things to think about

Edited by bigcharlie65

50 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Tbf with Arctic Monkeys I wouldn't expect them to be announced until they'd revealed their album plans. With my current guess of Royal Blood/Paramore, Arctic Monkeys and Kendrick I have no idea who I'd expect announced first.

Think that is a realistic line up. Be a shame to not have Foos there though.

With Royal Blood/Paramore, Arctic Monkeys and Kendrick I would guess first announcement would be Kendrick, then Royal Blood/Paramore followed by Arctic Monkeys

3 minutes ago, pwe24 said:

Think that is a realistic line up. Be a shame to not have Foos there though.

With Royal Blood/Paramore, Arctic Monkeys and Kendrick I would guess first announcement would be Kendrick, then Royal Blood/Paramore followed by Arctic Monkeys

Yeah assuming Kendrick's shows are all sold out by then I guess that'd be fine (not sure if all tickets have sold yet or if the new Wembley date will sell out straight away).

14 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah assuming Kendrick's shows are all sold out by then I guess that'd be fine (not sure if all tickets have sold yet or if the new Wembley date will sell out straight away).

Think all but the very back seats have sold out by the looks of it. Standing and bottom tier seats sold out almost instantly. I'd have thought the co-headline would be announced first with the 2 solo acts after.