Lineup 2018

2 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Side note: Anybody aware of what Jamie T's up to? 

Well he released his album last year and it wasn't too impressive plus he had a very small tour for it but he does just pop up now and again at festivals as he's just such a good booking live I would say there is around a 30% chance he'll be at reading next year but you never know he did pop up at Bestival last summer so yeah.

2 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Well he released his album last year and it wasn't too impressive plus he had a very small tour for it but he does just pop up now and again at festivals as he's just such a good booking live I would say there is around a 30% chance he'll be at reading next year but you never know he did pop up at Bestival last summer so yeah.

I enjoyed Trick but you’re right In the sense  that it won’t have lifted him above his 2015 slot of 3rd down main. If he was up for it he could easily slot in there again, or headline NME. Got a massive crowd in 2015 so he’d do fine 

31 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

One manchester date and 2 london dates for foo fighters. Surprised not to see a Scotland date or something, 3 dates at 2 venues seems a bit stingy but probably opens them up to be at a festival, right?

I could see them adding dates to make it up to five across the venues, then do TRNSMT as well - would be unlikely then, I reckon. Alternatively they could leave as is and do GSS and R+L. Doesn’t seem conclusive until we know what else they’re doing and when.

Edited by dentalplan

22450414_10215167036476432_1334735558_o.png?oh=6270aaf3a4722561fb85c39b572fb67e&oe=59E18C89Foo's only announcing three UK dates so far is a shame and not sure how many will be added as the Sonic Highways tour didn't have many dates in the UK either (including rescheduled shows).

Cal Jam was a huge success in America and had a great line up. They surely must do a UK festival this year and I think R+L is best suited. To have QOTSA sub for Foos like at Cal Jam would be amazing but probably not likely.

Kendrick Lamar is still getting awards and praise for DAMN. and I think has the potential to Headline and killed it as a sub in 2015.

Worth looking at the songs on Fifa 18 to guess who else will be there.

Starting to think about it not being Foo Fighters or Arctic Monkeys. It’s rare that Reading gets anyone with any stadium shows and with a holdup on the Arctics’ album, it’s possibly neither.

If we’re looking for major, verified headliners elsewhere then Radiohead would be an extremely good result, The Killers a bad but more likely one, guess GNR falls between those two poles.

3 minutes ago, pwe24 said:

Worth looking at the songs on Fifa 18 to guess who else will be there.

Not on this year's but Walk The Moon are in that sort of bracket, I'd expect them to be playing somewhere mid/high up the NME with a new album out soon.

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Starting to think about it not being Foo Fighters or Arctic Monkeys. It’s rare that Reading gets anyone with any stadium shows and with a holdup on the Arctics’ album, it’s possibly neither.

If we’re looking for major, verified headliners elsewhere then Radiohead would be an extremely good result, The Killers a bad but more likely one, guess GNR falls between those two poles.

That'd be thoroughly disappointing to be honest. Not a fan of Radiohead and although the Killers are good it's not really the hard-hitting big act that people would be looking for but both would probably shift enough tickets for R+L. 

Edited by MIchael_scarn

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

can't see reading selling out if they dont get foos or AM unless they had someone equally as relevant instead but cant think who it would be 

30 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Not a fan of Radiohead

Not yet.

28 minutes ago, Jack w said:

can't see reading selling out if they dont get foos or AM unless they had someone equally as relevant instead but cant think who it would be 

Nah it sells out every year regardless. Besides, people said this year’s would sell out quicker because of three established repeat headliners and it didn’t, if anything showing that people wanna see headliners that haven’t headlined everything here recently. I know The Killers don’t exactly fit that but they haven’t been at Reading for a decade.

1 minute ago, pepesilvia said:

I didn't even realise Pro Evo had a soundtrack, thought they could probably get away with royalty free music

Probably has those weird cover bands that Spotify used to have before it had all the artists.

On 09/10/2017 at 10:38 PM, R Shah said:

Radiohead have no more tour dates scheduled but would love to see them .

Unfortunately I think the days of Radiohead at R+L are over. 

I could probably count on one hand, or even one finger the number of tracks that the teenage demographic of the festival are familiar with.

Teenagers frankly should, but don't listen to the likes of Ok Computer, Kid A and Hail To The Thief anymore.

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I think we'll find out whether The Killers are playing or not in the first announcement. Their UK tour is in November and is completely sold out so I don't see a reason for them to not be the first headliner announced if they are playing.

Well they could have a bigger headliner who also doesn't have shows to sell such as Arctic Monkeys who they'd rather announce first?

4 minutes ago, Jack w said:

would be disappointing as don't think too many people would prefer killers at r&l and Royal blood really aren't big enough to headline outright i don't think possibly co-headline if not sub

NAH there not but if they co-headline with someone like alt-j. I still believe AM,FOOS,kanye,vampire weekend and tame impala are all up for spots were just gonna have to wait and see. but I believe Kendrick just wouldn't fir with AM OR foos