Lineup 2018

9 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Can't see CHVRCHES having new music out by then, think they'd probs just wait till 2019 (maybe a secret set next year?) and then sub... Considering they played 3rd down main last time and I'm pretty sure they're still rising so

They've been working on the new album for the whole of 2017, it surely can't still be another year away from being finished? Hope not anyway. Every Open Eye took about six months from start to finish. Dunno. 

Edited by Zac Quinn

12 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Kendrick / Lana / Vampire Weekend

Enter Shikari / Nothing But Theives

All American Rejects

Royal Blood + Paramore / Wolf Alice / All Time Low

Travis Scott / Die Antwoord

Skindred

Foo Fighters / 21 Pilots / Weezee

Jamie XX / Mac Demarco

Evert Time I Die

One can dream. To be fair it could happen, i was originally saying Foos for download but don't think they would get booked - much more likely for reading imo. Shikari have got to be at Reading or Download this year, them clashing with Kendrick is perfect. 

Had been thinking Paramore would be at BST rather than R&L but just clocked they did Europe in June/July this year so yeah maybe they'll do late Summer in Europe next year.

Royal Blood/Paramore - Arctic Monkeys - Kendrick Lamar

Foos if Arctic Monkeys aren't touring by then. Either way it'd be a very good set of headliners, and a great spread in terms of genres and how established the acts are.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

The scenes if they end up getting placed before the likes of a bugzy malone on the main or something, just give them a crowd worthy of them please R+L. 

I don't think it matters tbf. It's not as if Architects crowd was full of impatient Giggs fans stinking out the place or anything, you don't really need to wait at main for ages for someone sixth down or something

Edited by Steve1000

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Would say it'd have to be a big slot but I dunno. D'you reckon they mean anything to Generation Z?

everyone thinks their music has aged awfully but i'd disagree

I feel they could easily headline stuff like Parklife if they wanted to

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

everyone thinks their music has aged awfully

FBYKI be too problematic for radio playlists if it came out these days, and the NME isn't constantly promoting them as a classic act like they do The Libertines etc, but there's plenty in those first couple of albums for teenagers today to dig their teeth into IMO

Edited by Zac Quinn

TBH I'm leaning towards Foos now over Arctics due to them not knowing when their album comes out. Which is a shame as that means they won't be back till at least 2020 (as I doubt they'll skip Glasto). Killers I still think could slot into that place too but they'd definitely pick Arctics or Foos over them if they can

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Royal Blood, Foo Fighters and Kendrick Lamar is quite a trio as well

I’d be surprised if Royal Blood headlined outright. Have they even subbed a big festival yet? All I can remember is 3rd down R&L 2015 and Glasto this year. Maybe as a co-headliner but outright seems a stretch to me 

15 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Foos are currently teasing something UK related at the moment. This soon an announcement is more likely to be BST I'd imagine. Unless they're squeezing a tour in before festivals.

Can't see Foos doing BST. I'd imagine stadiums are more likely, and they could do R&L on top of a Wembley date or something.

Edited by Will-2609

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I feel like a long tour (6+ dates) might nix R+L, but just one date would practically confirm it. Just a feeling though wrt their demand.

Yep I agree. Think it'll either be R&L + Wembley (or another London stadium) or a full stadium tour followed by R&L 2019. Can't see em doing any other fest.

Just clocked that a fever dream (everything everything) reached 5th in the album charts here in the UK. I know that doesn't seem incredible but it did better than get to heaven which was arguably their best album. Surely they've gotta come back and play a decent slot compared to last year, brilliant band. 

Side note: Anybody aware of what Jamie T's up to? 

On 08/10/2017 at 5:20 PM, Andre91 said:

On a different note, I would love love love for TWIABP to play somewhere on the bill. Their new album is bloody lovely. 

Was alright. I preferred Whenever, If Ever far more and feel like other Emo releases from this year have blown it out of the water 

On 10/10/2017 at 9:56 AM, MIchael_scarn said:

Hope the story so far make an appearance, loving their new ish single and could definitely see them going down well with the right crowd.  

Yeah that single was pretty good. Loved the Under Soil & Dirt vibes on it