Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean I agree with KOL & Kaisers, but Killers I think have way more appeal with school leavers than a band like Kasabian... And TBH Mr Brightside not leaving that top 100 charts for a whole 14 years is pretty fucking impressive, and still is the classic cheese song played in all clubs over the country, at every freshers event etc. Definitely think that their reach is massively underestimated here.

Nah Kasabian are still a big deal with teenagers and people who go here, got all the bangers from all the FIFAs, and pretty much an essential band for your #lads 

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I thought foos would wait till 2019 but tbh with Arctic Monkeys looking less likely I think Foos are a real possibility. But if Foos are playing then Royal Blood won't be a solo headline (that would be way too heavy imo)

How would Royal Blood and Foo Fighters together be too heavy? They both played the Glastonbury main stage this year alongside Ed Sheeran and Katy Perry. :lol: I don't think adding another act would water it down any more anyway.

19 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I think Kendrick would headline outright tbh.

Edit: Changing that to Royal Blood/Paramore - Foos - Kendrick would be more likely imo.

Yup I've begun to think those lot. Not because I "don't think Royal Blood are big enough to headline outright" but cos they're small enough to have to accept it, and Paramore probably the same and it's a combo not far removed from 2014 so it'd work well enough , whereas Kendrick is a weird fit coheadlining with any other potential headline candidate.

23 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I thought foos would wait till 2019 but tbh with Arctic Monkeys looking less likely I think Foos are a real possibility. But if Foos are playing then Royal Blood won't be a solo headline (that would be way too heavy imo)

I don't think that matters tbh, and I'd expect your average Royal Blood fan is more likely to be a fan of Catfish or whoever the fuck rather than actual heavy music

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

How would Royal Blood and Foo Fighters together be too heavy? They both played the Glastonbury main stage this year alongside Ed Sheeran and Katy Perry. :lol: I don't think adding another act would water it down any more anyway.

Yup I've begun to think those lot. Not because I "don't think Royal Blood are big enough to headline outright" but cos they're small enough to have to accept it, and Paramore probably the same and it's a combo not far removed from 2014 so it'd work well enough , whereas Kendrick is a weird fit coheadlining with any other potential headline candidate.

Just as usually there is an alt-rock band, and they've been leaning towards having someone non-rock as a headliner, so Kendrick/Foos/RB would bee too heavy andnot leave enough for the alt rock fans imo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jayvk said:

If The Streets were to come back for more than just those 6 April dates, where could they fit at R&L as a possibility?

He/they was/were an NME sub last time he/they played, so probably the same again I'd imagine. He/they would get more money and a better slot if he/they was/were a Wireless exclusive or something though.

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Just as usually there is an alt-rock band, and they've been leaning towards having someone non-rock as a headliner, so Kendrick/Foos/RB would bee too heavy andnot leave enough for the alt rock fans imo

Do you mean indie? Because Foos and Royal Blood are alt rock af

anyways the majority of RBs fans I'd expect are indie fans 

Edited by Steve1000

If My Chemical Romance reunite then R+L will be priority for sure

Killers, Kings of Leon , Foos , Royal Blood, Paramore, Arcade Fire, Imagine Dragons all will finish their touring schedule easily in time for this so they're in with big chances - none of them have headline since 2012 except from Paramore who shared a headline slot w QOTSA.

Green day not so sure cos they just did a UK festival in Hyde park but then again so did the Killers and Kings of Leon .

Will be too early for AM. Catfish , Bring Me the Horzion , 1975 will all have new stuff out 2018 and are probably big enough to headline and that appeals more to teenagers. 

Radiohead have no more tour dates scheduled but would love to see them .

Probably not QOTSA because they played a secret set last year, Kendrick Lamar could provide something different but I doubt they'd choose 2 rappers as headliners 2 years in a row . 

Thirty seconds to mars havent headlined before and they'll have new album out  - possibly high flying birds but not sure if they're big enough to headline yet .

Lots of other less heavy bands who are borderline for headlining - maybe could do co -headline slots - stereophonics, gorillaz, elbow, the national , alt-j, etc 

I think my most likely predictions are:

Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters, My Chemical Romance with Catfish,  Royal Blood and stereophonics as the 3 main supports on the main stage.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

will expand on this tomorrow but right now I'm thinking main stage headliners will be Florence & the Machine, Foo Fighters & Royal Blood, with NME headliners being Enter Shikari, Tyler the Creator & Chvrches

33 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

will expand on this tomorrow but right now I'm thinking main stage headliners will be Florence & the Machine, Foo Fighters & Royal Blood, with NME headliners being Enter Shikari, Tyler the Creator & Chvrches

Can't see CHVRCHES having new music out by then, think they'd probs just wait till 2019 (maybe a secret set next year?) and then sub... Considering they played 3rd down main last time and I'm pretty sure they're still rising so