Lineup 2018

48 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I could see them doubling up V and TRNSMT, and also I don't see R+L blowing both Foos and Arctics next year when it'd be more logical to save at least one of them for 2019. Flo as a co-head could happen if they do pull that off though, yeah.

I don't see them doing V nowadays but still, that's under Festival Republic isn't it so they could just not offer them a V headline slot if they wanted them to play R+L. :P

But yea that's all I mean. Even if it wasn't one of those and it was a major stadium act or something that could push Flo and co into a shared headline slot.

21 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

what are vampire weekend doing are they still big or would they be far down

Same as last time really. Maybe a step up but only as a cheaper option probably rather than a warranted move up the line up.

1 hour ago, Bacuna Matata said:

Personally, I feel that because of no Glasto in 2018, that Reading will get bigger headliners. I want: 

Foos Stone Roses and Blur

but I think that it will be:

Foos The 1975/Royal Blood and Queens of the Stone Age.

could do however remember that BBC is putting on the new festival 'the biggest weekend' much to fill the gap that glasto will leave.

i would love to see Foos Arctic Monkeys and Green day however that obviously will not happen, i reckon royal blood will definitely be on the lineup

Florence wouldn't surprise me at all. I think Royal Blood and Arctic Monkeys will be two of the headliners. Drake maybe as the last but I could see Flo doing it before him. 

The Chainsmokers, Twenty One Pilots and 30STM would all be subs, wouldn't they? I guess you could have Royal Blood and 21P co-headlining with 30STM 'subbing' them.

NME headliners I'm going for: Enter Shikari, Jamie XX and Friendly Fires. 

Edited by Andre91

Are Chainsmokers really that much of a Reading artist anymore (Kinda gone more V Fest)? Could see them just sticking with Creamfields instead and we get someone else as a sub (or a coheadline without a sub).

21P I think are pretty much guaranteed no matter what imo with a new album out and how well they were received last year. Also, why do we think those 3 acts & Florence now? Just because someone on the Pukklepop thread said they were the rumoured acts for PKP? That seems like a bit of a stretch imo. Florence I still reckon won't be back till 2019.....

5 hours ago, Bacuna Matata said:

Personally, I feel that because of no Glasto in 2018, that Reading will get bigger headliners. I want: 

Foos Stone Roses and Blur

but I think that it will be:

Foos The 1975/Royal Blood and Queens of the Stone Age.

I think Blur'd be a decent shout for 2019 now you say it

2018: Foos, Yeezy, Royal Blood

2019: Blur, MCR, 1975 ??

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Florence and the Machine / Twenty One Pilots / Panic! at the Disco / J Hus 

Enter Shikari 

Royal Blood / Thirty Seconds To Mars / Wolf Alice / Mastodon 

Friendly Fires 

Arctic Monkeys / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Stormzy / Don Broco

Jamie XX

Very fair looking prediction. I’ve got a feeling if they don’t put Storm at Wireless then they’ll have him sub but still a fair shout.

11 minutes ago, ncoll1 said:

New arctic monkeys album confirmed for release early next year, can we expect them to play r&l 2018 then? Or would they not play r&l at all and headline glastonbury in 2019?

Glasto doesn’t have the power to deny them headline shows in its fallow year so I wouldn’t worry about that.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Very fair looking prediction. I’ve got a feeling if they don’t put Storm at Wireless then they’ll have him sub but still a fair shout.

Glasto doesn’t have the power to deny them headline shows in its fallow year so I wouldn’t worry about that.

I originally had Stormzy as subbing AM because I was unsure whether CATB would be about. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I originally had Stormzy as subbing AM because I was unsure whether CATB would be about. 

TBH I kinda think FR will push them to headline Latitude this year and then coheadline with 1975 next year at this point....

Hmm tinkering with a prediction again, looking kinda bleak imo but there we go (and the Stormzy/J Hus clash would never happen but idk where else to move them lol)

HALFprediction.png

Edited by Mattymooz

Sigma > Courteeners > 21P > Kendrick would be a helluva mishmash of demographics for day ticket sales. Would make more sense for Courteeners to swap positions with Stormzy, notwithstanding the fact a sub spot being wasted on Liam Fray's talents would obvs be repulsive.

Edited by Zac Quinn

50 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I kinda think FR will push them to headline Latitude this year and then coheadline with 1975 next year at this point....

Hmm tinkering with a prediction again, looking kinda bleak imo but there we go (and the Stormzy/J Hus clash would never happen but idk where else to move them lol)

HALFprediction.png

I'd go.

7 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Not seeing enough main stage metal on people's predictions 

Don't really listen to enough to know who would be popular. I only really listen to like Architects, WSS (guess old BMTH counts too?)...and they both played last year. Plus there is Mastadon but 2 year gap seems a bit quick for them imo. Any suggestions as to who you expect?

53 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Sigma > Courteeners > 21P > Kendrick would be a helluva mishmash of demographics for day ticket sales. Would make more sense for Courteeners to swap positions with Stormzy, notwithstanding the fact a sub spot being wasted on Liam Fray's talents would obvs be repulsive.

They're all bands aimed at teens. Sigma/21P/Kendrick I'd all imagine would have similar audiences, it's just courtneers who kinda sticks out (but I wanted more rock in there and they probably fit the best out of all the 3rd downs etc.) Putting Stormzy in there instead would basically leave no rock on that day at all which is very unlikely imo.

17 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Don't really listen to enough to know who would be popular. I only really listen to like Architects, WSS (guess old BMTH counts too?)...and they both played last year. Plus there is Mastadon but 2 year gap seems a bit quick for them imo. Any suggestions as to who you expect?

Realistically, Killswitch, Bullet and OM&M could happen, but if we're going more ballsy then Mastodon or maybe Baroness like 7th down or something. Heck opening main please, and whilst not necessarily metal, touché amoré on after them. Maybe Volbeat in a FFDP manner and I guess ADTR count. 

Oh, and also, Deftones

Edited by Steve1000