Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I love it (which will come as no shock). I can see it getting quite a bit of daytime airplay. NME headliner, I reckon. 

Final nail in the coffin for me as a Shikari fan, The Mindsweep didn't really do it for me, and now this album has sealed the deal! Each to their own i guess! But yeah, i agree i can see them headlining NME! 

6 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Final nail in the coffin for me as a Shikari fan, The Mindsweep didn't really do it for me, and now this album has sealed the deal! Each to their own i guess! But yeah, i agree i can see them headlining NME! 

Really? I think The Mindsweep is their best album. It's a proper journey. 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Really? I think The Mindsweep is their best album. It's a proper journey. 

Anaesthetist and The Last Garrison was about the only tracks i really liked! So much preferred 'Take to the Skies' or 'Common Dreads' as good albums! 

Total sidenote, what you thinking about 'We Came as Romans' new tracks? Gonna be my fav album of 2017 i think!

39 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Anaesthetist and The Last Garrison was about the only tracks i really liked! So much preferred 'Take to the Skies' or 'Common Dreads' as good albums! 

Total sidenote, what you thinking about 'We Came as Romans' new tracks? Gonna be my fav album of 2017 i think!

The Appeal & The Mindsweep is a fantastic track, as is Myopia. 

I'm not a fan of WCAR, but one of my friends is really into them and can't wait for the album. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Literally every single Kerrang band has gone to making outright pop music. I'm sure it can't be good for sales, there's now a huge fuck off gap in the market

All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Linkin Park to name a few have released their poppiest records this year and has it acually paid off for any? It seems like there's no payoff in pandering to the mainstream which makes me happy. 

51 minutes ago, Bingofishy said:

All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Linkin Park to name a few have released their poppiest records this year and has it acually paid off for any? It seems like there's no payoff in pandering to the mainstream which makes me happy. 

ATL could easily headline the NME, I think. 

51 minutes ago, Bingofishy said:

11 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

Anyone seen Big Moon before? They're an all female band, a pretty decent first album. Got tickets to go see them in Sheffield on Monday night, so quite looking forward to it.

Also very tempted to get some last minute tickets to go see Sherlocks tomorrow, actually really enjoying their album at the moment, despite them sounding like a bit of a Courteeners rip off...

Saw the sherlocks tonight in London and they were unreal. Absolutely urge you to go along. Would actually say they’re more English biffy Clyro than the courteeners, although comparing them to the courteeners is far from an insult to me 

• Downvote 2

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

ATL could of headlined the NME years ago. I'd say that their last great rock record was Dont Panic and this is when they were at their most relevant in the rock community (they played Brixton off it). The arenas they went on to play following weren't down to their poppier sound, they could have made it with another great pop punk record. 

11 hours ago, Bingofishy said:

Yeah agreed, add 30stm and YMAS to your list. 

The only one I can think of it working out for is Panic and I guess FOB on their last record, didn't even realise the new ones out ahaha. 

In 4 years time at most rocks gonna undergo a revolution, trust me on this one fellas

Edited by Steve1000
  • Upvote 1

R&L: Foos, Kendrick, Royal Blood

TRNSMT: The Killers, Florence, Yeezy

IOW: The Killers, Depeche Mode, The Strokes + Chems

Download: Avenged, Metallica, Ozzy

Latitude: Wolf Alice, Arcade Fire, Beck

V: Beyoncé, ???

Wireless: Jay, Stormzy, J Cole

BST: Yeezy, Em, Arctics , Pearl Jam, Maiden & The Roses if still about etc

Edited by Steve1000

17 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

R&L: Foos, Kendrick, Royal Blood

TRNSMT: The Killers, Florence, Yeezy

IOW: The Killers, Depeche Mode, The Strokes + Chems

Download: Avenged, Metallica, Ozzy

Latitude: Wolf Alice, Arcade Fire, Beck

V: Beyoncé, ???

Wireless: Jay, Stormzy, J Cole

BST: Yeezy, Em, Arctics , Pearl Jam, Maiden & The Roses if still about etc

Ugh Yeezy in Hyde Park would be beyond lame. Please can man just do a proper arena tour.

Think Bruno Mars will probably fit in somewhere as well, maybe doing the BST and TRNSMT double.

19 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Ugh Yeezy in Hyde Park would be beyond lame. Please can man just do a proper arena tour.

Think Bruno Mars will probably fit in somewhere as well, maybe doing the BST and TRNSMT double.

Guess he could be the mystery V headliner

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Be right depressing if Pearl Jam play BST. 

I've just clocked Noel G & Birds have got their third album due this November. After playing most fields in England over the last few years bar R&L, he's going to get booked sooner or later? 

They'd probably kill it on the undercard though for them and Maiden, Green Days and Sabbaths were sick 

Noel & Liam co-headline 2019

3 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

They'd probably kill it on the undercard though for them and Maiden, Green Days and Sabbaths were sick.

I'm just not sure I want to suffer through another live gig at Hyde Park. If I've waited for this long to catch Pearl Jam I'd actually like to hear them :lol: