Lineup 2018

Here's a fake lineup I made a little while ago. I'm sure the last 10 pages have revealed info that completely contradicts this, plus I'm fairly out of touch with what's popular so I know it's unrealistic. Not to mention, there's no way Billy's ego would fit in anywhere but in the headline slot. I also don't know much about grime or dance so left out those stages.

Friday:

Main: Kendrick Lamar/Royal Blood (co-headline) // Twenty One Pilots // Run The Jewels // Earl Sweatshirt // Parkway Drive // Hollywood Undead // Tonight Alive // Milk Teeth

NME: The xx // Alabama Shakes // Courtney Barnett

The Pit: Killswitch Engage // Red Fang // Dead Cross

FR: Bat For Lashes // DMAs // Royal Republic

Saturday:

Main: Arctic Monkeys // Catfish & the Bottlemen // Vampire Weekend // The Amazons // Brand New // Neck Deep // Savages // American Football // Code Orange

NME: A Day To Remember // Modestep // Wu Tang Clan

The Pit: Glassjaw // Northlane // Nails

FR: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard // Death Grips // Guided By Voices

Sunday:

Main: Foo Fighters // Smashing Pumpkins // Wolf Alice // Disturbed // BabyMetal // Mastodon // Halestorm // Creeper // Deafheaven

NME: Stormzy // Lana Del Rey // Of Monsters and Men

Lock Up: Mayday Parade // Against Me // Bronx

FR: Grizzly Bear // Mac DeMarco  // Los Campesinos!

Edited by Plussix

Just throwing this out there.

Foo Fighters played the London O2 on Tuesday and after in a interview with radio 2 Dave Grohl briefly mentioned when they played Reading side stage with Nirvana years back then later in the interview said Foos will come back to the UK to tour with their new album in the summer of 2018 which ties in nicely with Reading Fest.

With no Glastonbury, R+L could be the best Festival to play for with this album as not sure is heavy enough to play at Download.

Also this year saw a large increase in female fronted bands playing mid afternoon and grime acts on multiple stages. There is loads of great acts that could play higher up the list: Wolf Alice, Flo & Machine, Marmozets.

At Reading this year I noticed they was heavily advertising Download festival which have never seen down before which makes me think that R+L are continuing to movie away from Rock to more Grime, Dance and Alternate while encouraging the "rockers" to go Download.

37 minutes ago, pwe24 said:

Just throwing this out there.

Foo Fighters played the London O2 on Tuesday and after in a interview with radio 2 Dave Grohl briefly mentioned when they played Reading side stage with Nirvana years back then later in the interview said Foos will come back to the UK to tour with their new album in the summer of 2018 which ties in nicely with Reading Fest.

With no Glastonbury, R+L could be the best Festival to play for with this album as not sure is heavy enough to play at Download.

Also this year saw a large increase in female fronted bands playing mid afternoon and grime acts on multiple stages. There is loads of great acts that could play higher up the list: Wolf Alice, Flo & Machine, Marmozets.

At Reading this year I noticed they was heavily advertising Download festival which have never seen down before which makes me think that R+L are continuing to movie away from Rock to more Grime, Dance and Alternate while encouraging the "rockers" to go Download.

Did he himself say it ties in nicely with Reading fest or is that something you added?

Never liked 21 Pilots really bar a couple of songs, and went with my GF to see them Leeds 2016, they were nothing special at all. It was weird how popular they are. Same for Imagine Dragons, though I have managed to avoid seeing them live ever.

Bastille on the other hand are pretty decent, seen them live twice and I've always really enjoyed the atmosphere and their songs, even if they are pushing towards the lowest form of fan.

Who do you guys think is doing really on the live scene at the moment? Who are the best live acts? I personally love Slaves, and have seen them a fair few times already, having always enjoyed their gigs. Which makes my tickets to Kasabian (another band I love live) in December even sweeter as they are supporting. Gotta give a big shout out to Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes too, saw them at a Leeds Fest and had no idea who they were, got instantly hooked, love their music and their live shows are immense!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Plussix said:

Here's a fake lineup I made a little while ago. I'm sure the last 10 pages have revealed info that completely contradicts this, plus I'm fairly out of touch with what's popular so I know it's unrealistic. Not to mention, there's no way Billy's ego would fit in anywhere but in the headline slot. I also don't know much about grime or dance so left out those stages.

Friday:

Main: Kendrick Lamar/Royal Blood (co-headline) // Twenty One Pilots // Run The Jewels // Earl Sweatshirt // Parkway Drive // Hollywood Undead // Tonight Alive // Milk Teeth
NME: The xx // Alabama Shakes // Courtney Barnett
The Pit: Killswitch Engage // Red Fang // Dead Cross
FR: Bat For Lashes // DMAs // Royal Republic

Saturday:

Main: Arctic Monkeys // Catfish & the Bottlemen // Vampire Weekend // The Amazons // Brand New // Neck Deep // Savages // American Football // Code Orange
NME: A Day To Remember // Modestep // Wu Tang Clan
The Pit: Glassjaw // Northlane // Nails
FR: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard // Death Grips // Guided By Voices

Sunday:

Main: Foo Fighters // Smashing Pumpkins // Wolf Alice // Disturbed // BabyMetal // Mastodon // Halestorm // Creeper // Deafheaven
NME: Stormzy // Lana Del Rey // Of Monsters and Men
Lock Up: Mayday Parade // Against Me // Bronx

Good stuff. A lot of those acts align with the general consensus on here.

2 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

Who do you guys think is doing really on the live scene at the moment? Who are the best live acts?

Architects, Foals and Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes.

Edited by JSmurphy
  • Upvote 1

Courtney Barnett is about to release a joint album with Kurt Vile and they are touring the US together this autumn - not sure how far the project will extend into next year but if it did Latitude is the obvious place for them to go - and either way I don't think we'll see a new solo album and tour kicking off in time for R&L next year.

Bat for Lashes isn't the most prolific tourer and finished her last album shows at the end of 2016 so wouldn't expect her to be back in time either.

I'm saying all this without looking too far into it, for all I know they may have both announced new material and plans.

I don't think either are R&L-perfect but would like to think there is room for them.  I always think the FR stage should have more of its own identity and be a place for these sorts of acts - it does accommodate some at the moment but its still a bit of a mishmash.

38 minutes ago, WFD said:

Courtney Barnett is about to release a joint album with Kurt Vile and they are touring the US together this autumn - not sure how far the project will extend into next year but if it did Latitude is the obvious place for them to go - and either way I don't think we'll see a new solo album and tour kicking off in time for R&L next year.

Yeah I think I read they are both releasing solo albums next year so I doubt the tour would extend that far, and honestly I'm not convinced that they are the kind of acts Reading and Leeds. Like you said they are way more Latitude whether it be as a duo or on their own.

11 hours ago, Plussix said:

Feel like he should have a much higher slot than this, 4th/5th NME would be more likely i feel.

4 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

Who do you guys think is doing really on the live scene at the moment? Who are the best live acts? I personally love Slaves, and have seen them a fair few times already, having always enjoyed their gigs. Which makes my tickets to Kasabian (another band I love live) in December even sweeter as they are supporting. Gotta give a big shout out to Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes too, saw them at a Leeds Fest and had no idea who they were, got instantly hooked, love their music and their live shows are immense!

As previously mentioned Foals are my favourite live act i've ever seen, Yannis is the human embodiment of a greek god and never fails to get the crowd pumped. Hoping for a small Antidotes anniversary tour next year much like the wombats did with love, loss and desperation but I doubt they will :(

The 1975 are also great, more due to the use of their screens and shit behind them more than anything but their show in Manchester is still very memorable to this day. Sundara Karma and Catfish & the Bottlemen are also very good. 

Anyone seen Big Moon before? They're an all female band, a pretty decent first album. Got tickets to go see them in Sheffield on Monday night, so quite looking forward to it.

Also very tempted to get some last minute tickets to go see Sherlocks tomorrow, actually really enjoying their album at the moment, despite them sounding like a bit of a Courteeners rip off...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

Anyone seen Big Moon before? They're an all female band, a pretty decent first album. Got tickets to go see them in Sheffield on Monday night, so quite looking forward to it.

Also very tempted to get some last minute tickets to go see Sherlocks tomorrow, actually really enjoying their album at the moment, despite them sounding like a bit of a Courteeners rip off...

The all-male band The Sherlocks? ;) Yeah I like The Big Moon and they're even more impressive live than on record so it should be a good one.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The all-male band The Sherlocks? ;) Yeah I like The Big Moon and they're even more impressive live than on record so it should be a good one.

Haha, I was just referring to the whole "Female bands" conversation that was going on in this thread. But yeah, I'm looking forward to them really like their whole album, some really good songs on there. Get Inuit and Babe Punch supporting? Dunno who they are but will probably go down for at least one of them.

1 hour ago, TheDHolford said:

Yeah, sort of half-watched them from outside the tent in Reading

If I remember rightly they played a cover of total eclipse of he heart(which was joint top of my list of unlikely songs to hear at Reading alongside Maniac by Carpenter Brut)