Lineup 2018

23 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Also, Slaves, another band who have frequently done the festival also missed last year, I reckon a main stage middle of the day to afternoon would be a good shout for them.

They did that 2016 right off the back of their album, would imagine they'd want a higher slot I.e headline the NME or something/ unless they release an album near the festival and do a QOTSA and secret set it 

On 15/09/2017 at 8:38 AM, TheDHolford said:

I'd imagine Frank Turner would be somewhere on the line-up, last year was the first time in years he's missed the festival. Maybe another stage opener set for him?

Also, Slaves, another band who have frequently done the festival also missed last year, I reckon a main stage middle of the day to afternoon would be a good shout for them.

If people are suggesting bands like Catfish to be co-headliners, what about someone like The 1975, while probably not quite big enough yet, I think if their third album is as successful as their previous two they will get their headliner status.

I'm sure Frank will be there, he has a new album in the works. He'll be in his usual realm of 3rd/4th main stage or high up NME, the opening main stage slot being a one-off

23 hours ago, ChristovGiant said:

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 13.14.25.png

Agree with you on the Thirty Seconds to Mars placement. I still think they're comfortably an arena sized band and won't bother with R&L if offered lower than a sub slot. I think they're more likely to clean up with the Euro rock fests in June / July either way.  

About Prophets of Rage subbing main-

I think its just about justified at Download (especially seeing as Them Crooked Vultures did it in 2010) but I don't think it would be realistic at R&L these days. They barely sold out a single Brixton show in June and yes it was brilliant, but I just don't think they're that big a draw for the audience that goes now.

On 16/09/2017 at 10:34 AM, Obiginnaw said:

They did that 2016 right off the back of their album, would imagine they'd want a higher slot I.e headline the NME or something/ unless they release an album near the festival and do a QOTSA and secret set it 

How did u quote me saying something I didn't say? What's going on in here?

1 minute ago, bigcharlie65 said:

you are a joke there latest album shoukd put them up in the headline spot

They've utterly abysmal and the latest album was so lame they should be automatically banned from ever being booked for any festival ever again. Can see them topping NME up against a rap or heavy main stage headliner though.