Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

even before that interview he was getting massive shit.

because, as i said, someone with few brain cells wrote a story about him maybe being leader, and those with even fewer brain cells think it's a real story.

And hey, Mogg deserves plenty of shit. He says shitty things. Which funnily enough, so does Abbott.

I don't doubt that Abbott gets plenty of shit from racists, but she also gets plenty of shit on the merits of her own doings - while some want to presented it's only about racism, or gender.

Well guess what? Black women can be arseholes just as much as anyone else. To suggest different would be no less racist than those who attack her for her race.

yeah of course. She is getting a lot more abuse than her colleagues though. Why is that exactly?

Just now, zahidf said:

So its only because of her policial views then. Ok.

go back and read the comments, where it was claimed she gets abuse because she's female and black.

That's as big a lie as it would be for me to claim that none of her abuse is because of racism.

Fuck's sake. A cock can be called a cock.

Or shut the fuck up with every political post you ever make. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

i doubt very much she is getting lrss abuse now, esp after her GMB interview this morning

Honestly though, who gives a shit? She's a politician, they all get shit and it's part of the job as a politician to take the abuse and not let it affect them.

Just now, KingPin said:

Honestly though, who gives a shit? She's a politician, they all get shit and it's part of the job as a politician to take the abuse and not let it affect them.

Correct.

And if she wants to lessen the abuse she gets so that the abuse she gets might be reasonably compared with other politicians, she needs to make the same say-nothing vacuous comments as other politicians so that no one can possibly be offended by those comments.

Instead of saying stuff such as (paraphrased) "genocide is OK when it's done by a politician you admire".

Cos i'm damned sure *she* wouldn't accept that about .. oh, i dunno ... the King of the Belgians? 

7 minutes ago, LiamEP said:

If a times come for courteeners to move up the line up to sub it's gunna be the next time they play, considering the size of the Manchester show they've got to be bigger now than a lot of the sub suggestions getting thrown around right 

If their Manchester shows were that significant for their placement, they'd have headlined by now.

28 minutes ago, LiamEP said:

Haha true probably. Still them shifting 50000 tickets has got to be worth something.

Yeah it's presumably not a coincidence that the year they managed that is the one year they got booked for neither R+L or V. So following that logic, hopefully they'll continue playing the cricket ground every summer, thereby exhausting their ticket-selling power for each year and ensuring they're never booked for R+L again.

done a bit more thinking and have come up with a potentially more realistic lineup prediction

Friday

Main: Royal Blood // Catfish & the Bottlemen // Wolf Alice // Twin Atlantic // Post Malone // Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes // Creeper // Black Honey // Arcane Roots

NME: Jamie xx (closing set) // Brand New // Nothing But Thieves

Dance: Sigma

Pit: Skindred

FR: Foster the People

Saturday

Main: Arctic Monkeys // Tame Impala // Stormzy // Don Broco // Zack De La Rocha // Declan McKenna // Cabbage // Fickle Friends // Idles

NME: Tyler, the Creator // Dua Lipa // Wilkinson (live) // PVRIS // King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Dance: Annie Mac

Pit: Killswitch Engage

FR: Half Moon Run

Sunday

Main: Drake // Twenty One Pilots // Thirty Seconds to Mars // J Hus // Babymetal // Tonight Alive // Alien Ant Farm // Basement // Milk Teeth

NME: Enter Shikari // Mac DeMarco // Jungle // The Amazons // FIDLAR // Alvvays // The Big Moon

Dance: Hannah Wants

Lock Up: Sleeping With Sirens

FR: Peace

a few are a bit high on NME but I couldn't think of anyone to go in the space. would probs be an act between PVRIS & King Gizzard, Jungle & The Amazons, FIDLAR & Alvvays

Royal Blood / Catfish / Stormzy / Don Broco / B4MV / The Hunna / The Sherlocks / PUP / Dead!

Travis Scott / Zack De La Rocha

The All American Rejects

Kendrick Lamar / Tame Impala / Wolf Alice / Tyler the Creator / J Hus / The Amazons / Touche Amore / Beartooth / Astroid Boys

Enter Shikari / Nothing But Thieves

Bad Religion

Foo Fighters / ADTR / The Kooks / Mastodon / Creeper / Killswitch Engage / Fickle Friends / Cabbage / Milk Teeth

Jamie XX / Anderson Paak 

Skindred

Edited by Steve1000

I'd imagine Frank Turner would be somewhere on the line-up, last year was the first time in years he's missed the festival. Maybe another stage opener set for him?

Also, Slaves, another band who have frequently done the festival also missed last year, I reckon a main stage middle of the day to afternoon would be a good shout for them.

If people are suggesting bands like Catfish to be co-headliners, what about someone like The 1975, while probably not quite big enough yet, I think if their third album is as successful as their previous two they will get their headliner status.

47 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

I'd imagine Frank Turner would be somewhere on the line-up, last year was the first time in years he's missed the festival. Maybe another stage opener set for him?

Also, Slaves, another band who have frequently done the festival also missed last year, I reckon a main stage middle of the day to afternoon would be a good shout for them.

If people are suggesting bands like Catfish to be co-headliners, what about someone like The 1975, while probably not quite big enough yet, I think if their third album is as successful as their previous two they will get their headliner status.

Most people have been predicting the 1975 as a 2019 headliner

2 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

Aye The 1975 are big enough but most of us are expecting them to release their third album after R&L 18 and then headline in 2019.

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Aye The 1975 are big enough but most of us are expecting them to release their third album after R&L 18 and then headline in 2019.

3rd album is released May ish next year but I believe they're doin shows before they headline the festival, a possibility for 2018 but most likely 2019. 

10 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

3rd album is released May ish next year but I believe they're doin shows before they headline the festival, a possibility for 2018 but most likely 2019. 

Fair enough. Yeah probably do a Royal Blood but a year behind; arena shows late 2018 and headline R&L 2019. Would probs have em pegged as a Glasto sub next year if it was on.