Lineup 2018

Halestorm are most definitely a R/L band. It's just the R/L crowd don't know it yet :) It's a real shame because they really are a kickass live band too. She is the best female vocalist I have seen. I think their Download 15 rendition of "Miss the Misery" is kicking about online. It was amazing, as was the 1st time I saw them in 2010 on the 3rd stage there. They'll play 3rd down next time at Download and maybe they'll start getting the recognition they deserve elsewhere. I'd rate them above Mastodon but I love them too. Roll on Dec at the Barras.

2 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Just a thought, but do acts who have had to pull out of the previous year usually get booked again for the next year? As in this year in the run up, Bishop Briggs, A2, Katy B and Royal Republic all had to pull out among others. Would they get a look in for next year ahead of others or does this not happen?

HAIM pulled out of 2016 and were then booked in a higher slot in 2017.

26 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

NBT are currently at no. 2 on the charts (at the midweek stage) tho they are a fair way behind The National at no. 1. Maybe they'll be even higher up than people are expecting, 3rd down on the main stage perhaps?

With you me at 6 headlining the NME last year NBT could easily do that, would make more sense than a high main slot imo

5 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

With you me at 6 headlining the NME last year NBT could easily do that, would make more sense than a high main slot imo

Who would go see them vs. a headliner though. I guess maybe if it was vs. a hip hop person but I can't see them being very popular vs. Royal Blood/Paramore/Foos/Arctics. On the main at least means they don't clash with anyone huge...

I was thinking it would be more similar to Blossoms this year

Eh I mean they're doing well but they're pulling the sales that the likes of Neck Deep and Pvris were a couple of weeks ago. Some weeks just don't have as many big new releases and they eventually get overtaken by Ed Sheeran and, somehow still, Rag 'N' Bone Man.

You Me at Six have been a lot bigger in the past so naturally they'd be an easier fit for NME headliner. NBT will get a good slot but they're not gonna be one of the festival's main acts.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Queens of the Stone Age just been announced for a June festival in Denmark which might add to the "own open air shows" thing more so than coming back in August.

acht hmm. Might be involved in that BBC Glastonbury replacement thing, think they said that'd be in June.

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Who would go see them vs. a headliner though. I guess maybe if it was vs. a hip hop person but I can't see them being very popular vs. Royal Blood/Paramore/Foos/Arctics. On the main at least means they don't clash with anyone huge...

I was thinking it would be more similar to Blossoms this year

I have a few mates who definitely would. I didn't even think they payed much attention to having a massively different act to what's on the main stage anyway but looking back I guess they do somewhat vary them. I could see them in a number of places at the festival and i guess we'll have to wait and see how their stock grows, but it's obvious FR quite like them as they were 4th down at community and are definitely bigger than Slaves now who played above them so.

honestly R+L will have artic monkeys once again cause there is no Glastonbury, vampire weekend will be likely to appear as their new album will be coming out very soon royal blood is likely I believe cage the elephant are likely after there new album so is the killers as they have one releasing, Django Django have a new album releasing next year same with Kanye west, Lupe fiasco,major lazer, mgmt , rea summmerd and the 1975 however fall out boy and U2 have been very quite

main stage headlining- Artic monkeys, Kanye west, fall out boy and then sub headliners royal blood, vampire weekend,cage the elephant, Django Django, the black keys

radio 1 stage or dance stage  - major lazer,mgmt, lupe fiasco, royal concept

none of these are right probably

• Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

honestly R+L will have artic monkeys once again cause there is no Glastonbury, vampire weekend will be likely to appear as their new album will be coming out very soon royal blood is likely I believe cage the elephant are likely after there new album so is the killers as they have one releasing, Django Django have a new album releasing next year same with Kanye west, Lupe fiasco,major lazer, mgmt , rea summmerd and the 1975 however fall out boy and U2 have been very quite

main stage headlining- Artic monkeys, Kanye west, fall out boy and then sub headliners royal blood, vampire weekend,cage the elephant, Django Django, the black keys

radio 1 stage or dance stage  - major lazer,mgmt, lupe fiasco, royal concept

none of these are right probably

You tried. 

18 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

R+L will have Arctic Monkeys once again, Vampire Weekend will be likely to appear as their new album will be coming out very soon, Royal Blood are likely, I believe Cage The Elephant are likely after their new album, so is The Killers as they are releasing one soon, Django Django have a new album releasing next year same with Kanye West.

Agree with this.

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:
23 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

R+L will have artic monkeys once again cause there is no Glastonbury, vampire weekend will be likely to appear as their new album will be coming out very soon royal blood is likely so is the killers as they have one releasing, same with Kanye west

Agree with this.

One too many headliners there, The killers will most likely be the ones to miss out. 

Kind of hoping for Kendrick to be the rapper high up the bill and paired with RB leaving an open headline slot for FR to take their pick to go up against Arctic Monkeys. 

Ben Thatcher (RB drummer) said in an interview that outside of rock his biggest inspiration was kendrick lamar, doubt it means anything but worth mentioning.

42 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

One too many headliners there, The killers will most likely be the ones to miss out. 

Kind of hoping for Kendrick to be the rapper high up the bill and paired with RB leaving an open headline slot for FR to take their pick to go up against Arctic Monkeys. 

Ben Thatcher (RB drummer) said in an interview that outside of rock his biggest inspiration was kendrick lamar, doubt it means anything but worth mentioning.

If Kendrick plays there is no way he is coheadlining, easily big enough by himself now. They'd be more likely to pair someone with Royal Blood e.g. Paramore, 21P, QOTSA etc.

TBH if they stick with the 3 secret sets thing, I could easily see a world where 1975, CHVRCHES and Vampire Weekend all do secret sets next year followed by headlining/subbing/NME headlining the year after....

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I think Royal Blood & Twenty One Pilots has a decent chance of happening. Royal Blood don't need to share top spot and by next August Twenty One Pilots probably won't need to either, but if they're both in Europe at the time I can see R&L going for it. It's not like either have got a huge back catalogue or anything. 75 minutes each would be fine.

35 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

If Kendrick plays there is no way he is coheadlining, easily big enough by himself now. They'd be more likely to pair someone with Royal Blood e.g. Paramore, 21P, QOTSA etc.

TBH if they stick with the 3 secret sets thing, I could easily see a world where 1975, CHVRCHES and Vampire Weekend all do secret sets next year followed by headlining/subbing/NME headlining the year after....

That is true. I feel like he's not quite the pull of Drake or Kanye so they'd much rather go with them to pull in some more sales but imo Kendrick would be so much of a better choice than those. Definitely holding out for QOTSA, levels higher than other acts being brandished around to supposedly co-headline.

Those would be some very good secret sets, yes please.

20 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I think Royal Blood & Twenty One Pilots has a decent chance of happening. Royal Blood don't need to share top spot and by next August Twenty One Pilots probably won't need to either, but if they're both in Europe at the time I can see R&L going for it. It's not like either have got a huge back catalogue or anything. 75 minutes each would be fine.

As much as I dislike 21P, I could definitely see that happening, went down incredibly well in 2016 and are extremely popular right now. Not too big of a leap in terms of relevance to RB too.