Lineup 2018

56 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

FOO FIGHTERS, Twenty One Pilots, Wolf Alice, Don Broco, Lil Uzi Vert, Papa Roach, Alien Ant Farm, IDLES, Black Foxxes
// Future, Dua Lipa, Post Malone

KANYE WEST, Tame Impala, Travis Scott, Brand New, Creeper, Logic, Marmozets, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Honeyblood
// A Day to Remember, Mac DeMarco, Hannah Wants

ROYAL BLOOD & QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, Enter Shikari, Cage The Elephant, Mastodon, Neck Deep, Kodaline, Muncie Girls, Black Honey
// Tyler, The Creator, Anderson .Paak, The Horrors

This is such a weird lineup imo. So much hip-hop on the NME and hannah wants of all people being the only electronic artist.... IMO King Gizzard would surely be higher up the lineup too? And Creeper seem way too high imo

PREDICTIONJSMURPHY.png

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

This is such a weird lineup imo. So much hip-hop on the NME and hannah wants of all people being the only electronic artist.... IMO King Gizzard would surely be higher up the lineup too? And Creeper seem way too high imo

PREDICTIONJSMURPHY.png

Aye that's a top job you've done there! Yeah I guess there's plenty of that on NME, although I don't see it as anything out of the ordinary against Foos, Queens n' Royal Blood. Hannah Wants is pretty big right now is she not? I'm not a fan or anything but she'd do an alright job at filling NME in an evening slot. Creeper are gonna shoot up the line-up sharpish I'm thinking. I got to the front of King Giz with incredible ease in 2016 and I'm not sure FMB, MOTU & SOBE have made them that much more significant with R&L goers. Middle of the day NME seems more likely but I only predicted the top three so stuck them early on Main :P.

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Aye that's a top job you've done there! Yeah I guess there's plenty of that on NME, although I don't see it as anything out of the ordinary against Foos, Queens n' Royal Blood. Hannah Wants is pretty big right now is she not? I'm not a fan or anything but she'd do an alright job at filling NME in an evening slot. Creeper are gonna shoot up the line-up sharpish I'm thinking. I got to the front of King Giz with incredible ease in 2016 and I'm not sure FMB, MOTU & SOBE have made them that much more significant with R&L goers. Middle of the day NME seems more likely but I only predicted the top three so stuck them early on Main :P.

I mean Hannah's probs big enough to headline the dance stage but I'm not sure shes big enough to be on the NME, especially when it would be a DJ set with no live aspect to it like Flume or Wilkinson would have (with band/digital drums/lauchpad etc.).

I maybe would have put more of an altrock band on there instead of one of the rappers, maybe Wombats or Kooks or maybe move wolf alice? Just something more liked by alt-rock fans considering all the headliners are relatively heavy.

And I guess about King Giz, I've heard so much more about them due to their grammy nom etc. but I guess most regular punters still won't have heard of them.

Arctic Monkeys // Tame impala // wolf alice  // courteeners // the neighbourhood // Wretch 32 // Declan Mckenna //HMLTD // Darlia

Stormzy // Post malone // the hunna

Earl Sweatshirt

Drake // The XX // The kooks //  Years & Years //  Neck deep // Bugzy Malone // The amazons // Tempa T // Cabbage // Redfaces

The wombats //  Nothing but thieves // Wilkinson

Kaytranada

Royal Blood + Catfish and the Bottlemen // Vampire  Weekend // Logic // Everything Everything // The sherlocks // Idles // Anteros  

Chase & Status // Schoolboy Q // Mac Demarco

Anderson .Paak 

Edited by MIchael_scarn

Minor quibble but doubt Honeyblood will open the Main Stage two years running - and generally they've done the festival circuit fairly extensively this summer and have just announced end of year dates (including a hometown gig) which seem to bring their album cycle to a close (they did similar on their first album) and could see them going quiet again for a while after that.

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yes, but some want to turn it into a box ticking exercise 

A good band is a good band, gender irrelevant 

tell that to Catfish and the Bottlemen who would never have made a second album if they were fronted by a female human.

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

God I need uni to start again lol.....

PREDICTIONANDRE.png

this somehow looks even worse than 2017. most of Sunday on Main is like if hell booked a festival.

@Mattymooz fancy making this one? ;)

MAIN: Royal Blood/QOTSA (coheadline) // Catfish & the Bottlemen // Wolf Alice // Zack De La Rocha // Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes // Creeper // Black Honey // Arcane Roots

NME: Chvrches // Jack Garratt // Jungle // Post Malone

DANCE: Sigma

PIT: Skindred

FR: Half Moon Run

MAIN: Drake // Twenty One Pilots // Thirty Seconds to Mars // Schoolboy Q // Asking Alexandria // Tonight Alive // Alien Ant Farm // Basement // Milk Teeth

NME: Enter Shikari // Mac DeMarco // Nothing But Thieves // Foster the People // The Amazons // FIDLAR

DANCE: Jamie xx

LOCK UP: Sleeping With Sirens

FR: Twin Atlantic

MAIN: Foo Fighters // Tame Impala // Stormzy // Brand New // Don Broco // Declan McKenna // Cabbage // Fickle Friends // Idles

NME: Tyler, the Creator // Dua Lipa // Wilkinson (live) // PVRIS // King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

DANCE: Annie Mac

PIT: Killswitch Engage

FR: Peace

19 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Pendulum now so desperate for bookings that they're playing Freshers gigs with Lethal Bizzle 

Doesn't scream 'next year's NME headliners' to me.

Thats a DJ set not a Live set.

Pendulum split into 2 entities ages ago. One comprises of El Hornet who is in charge of all DJ sets, does lots of small stuff in the UK like freshers events (which large people like Sigma so as well). He basically is just a DnB DJ using the Pendulum brand and playing more fo their songs than others would, but still just playing mostly whatever he wants.

The other half was originally Rob Swire and Gareth Mcsomething (cant remember his name rn) who did all the production. When they release In Slico they also Formed a band which they performed live shows with. They ended up breaking up after the glasto catastrophe in 2011 but reformed with the live band last year for a comeback tour. Over the past month or so they have also started teasing new music too.

TL:DR Different people do the live and dj sets, dj set would be lucky to get dance headliner, live said could easily get NME headliner

Edited by Mattymooz

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Thats a DJ set not a Live set.

Pendulum split into 2 entities ages ago. One comprises of El Hornet who is in charge of all DJ sets, does lots of small stuff in the UK like freshers events (which large people like Sigma so as well). He basically is just a DnB DJ using the Pendulum brand and playing more fo their songs than others would, but still just playing mostly whatever he wants.

The other half was originally Rob Swire and Gareth Mcsomething (cant remember his name rn) who did all the production. When they release In Slico they also Formed a band which they performed live shows with. They ended up breaking up after the glasto catastrophe in 2011 but reformed with the live band last year for a comeback tour. Over the past month or so they have also started teasing new music too.

TL:DR Different people do the live and dj sets, dj set would be lucky to get dance headliner, live said could easily get NME headliner

oh right okay. Still don't think they'll be booked though.

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

oh right okay. Still don't think they'll be booked though.

At this point I'm pretty sure a DnB act will be booked as an NME headliner, whether that is Chase & Status, Rudimental, Pendulum or (please god) Prodigy. All of them will probably have new albums, or will do at some point next year. I have no clue which one it will be though, I just don't know where else Pendulum would play.

I guess Pendulum could do Creamfields next year and then R+L they year after, but there is no way they are ever going back to Glasto, and Knife Party (The 2 blokes from Pendulum) have a really good relationship with R+L so I can't see them avoiding it forever

56 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Arctic Monkeys // Tame impala // wolf alice  // courteeners // the neighbourhood // Wretch 32 // Declan Mckenna //HMLTD // Darlia

Stormzy // Post malone // the hunna

Earl Sweatshirt

Drake // The XX // The kooks //  Years & Years //  Neck deep // Bugzy Malone // The amazons // Tempa T // Cabbage // Redfaces

The wombats //  Nothing but thieves // Wilkinson

Kaytranada

Royal Blood + Catfish and the Bottlemen // Vampire  Weekend // Logic // Everything Everything // The sherlocks // Idles // Anteros  

Chase & Status // Schoolboy Q // Mac Demarco

Anderson .Paak 

Courtneers being bumped down to 4th instead of playing 3rd down till the end of time? Interesting....

I'm leaning more towards Years & Years never playing R&L again personally as I think they're almost too pop. Maybe the same issue with The Chainsmokers now.....

And I'm guessing you left sunday main an act down so you could put a secret set in there?

PREDICTIONMS.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Courtneers being bumped down to 4th instead of playing 3rd down till the end of time? Interesting....

I'm leaning more towards Years & Years never playing R&L again personally as I think they're almost too pop. Maybe the same issue with The Chainsmokers now.....

And I'm guessing you left sunday main an act down so you could put a secret set in there?

PREDICTIONMS.png

my god that looks dreadful. ewww.

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

PREDICTIONMS.png

I have no idea how they've cemented a place there for so long but i think 4th just about suits them, any higher i'd be a bit disappointed.

Yeah years and years are basically best of a bad bunch i just couldn't bring myself to put chainsmokers down so i settled with them. 

Looking back there should be more metal on main stage (e.g. Enter shikari could easily replace a few acts like VW or the kooks). 

Yeah with CatB being a stretch as a headliner and the VW undercard, a big secret set would do that day the world of good.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

34 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

PREDICTIONMS.png

Even after this year I just can't see that that Sunday would ever happen. Surely not.

don't see how that lineup could be justified at all. CATB coheadlining but Tame Impala subbing? Surely  if one of them is a coheadliner then they both are. (although they're both still sub level imo)

edit: same with the xx too

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

@Mattymooz fancy making this one? ;)

MAIN: Royal Blood/QOTSA (coheadline) // Catfish & the Bottlemen // Wolf Alice // Zack De La Rocha // Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes // Creeper // Black Honey // Arcane Roots

NME: Chvrches // Jack Garratt // Jungle // Post Malone

DANCE: Sigma

PIT: Skindred

FR: Half Moon Run

MAIN: Drake // Twenty One Pilots // Thirty Seconds to Mars // Schoolboy Q // Asking Alexandria // Tonight Alive // Alien Ant Farm // Basement // Milk Teeth

NME: Enter Shikari // Mac DeMarco // Nothing But Thieves // Foster the People // The Amazons // FIDLAR

DANCE: Jamie xx

LOCK UP: Sleeping With Sirens

FR: Twin Atlantic

MAIN: Foo Fighters // Tame Impala // Stormzy // Brand New // Don Broco // Declan McKenna // Cabbage // Fickle Friends // Idles

NME: Tyler, the Creator // Dua Lipa // Wilkinson (live) // PVRIS // King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

DANCE: Annie Mac

PIT: Killswitch Engage

FR: Peace

This one feels really over-ambitious imo. Sigma & Jamie XX could headline the NME probably if not at least sub it, NBT could at least sub it too. Twin Atlantic on FR seems wrong in terms of genre, let alone that they could probably also sub the NME at this point. This also implies CHVRCHES will have not increased in popularity off the back of their new album which seems unlikely.

21P and Drake is kind of a great combo tho, the day tickets would fly out the door (and keep all the yobos on one stage)

PREDICTIONSLI.png

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I'm not sure we'll see Catfish next year, been looking at the Latitude thread and lots of people are predicting them to headline latitude (which would then mean potential coheadline, maybe with 1975, in 2019)

Could easily be announced as Latitude headliner in March and then be a 'TBA' for Reading until later in the summer, ala Alt-J two years ago. Though hopefully they'll stink out neither gathering. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

What on earth is a Logic and why is it so high on the Main Stage? 

American rapper. Played 1Xtra stage 2016. Pretty big tbf, released a pretty successful album in early May. I mean, he divides opinions as pretty 80% of what he raps about is about how he's biracial. Other than that, he isn't utter trash but definitely not amazing.

Edited by Jayvk

10 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Could see Dead! opening main

Fuck that. People don't actually care about them, do they? Absolute rubbish bankrolled by the bank of Daddy because they feel like playing rock stars this week. 

I sat outside the tent at Download this year to see if it was as bad as I expected and it was everything and more. Generic, dull songs and empty stage patter from a frontman who seems to have googled 'how to be a rockstar' or he's watched Get Him To The Greek one too many times. 

I could see Astroid Boys opening Main for sure, as well as Milk Teeth. The One Hundred would be brilliant but I can see them opening the Main at Download. 

Edited by Andre91