Lineup 2018

11 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Also who actually gives a fuck whether a person is a girl, guy, trans or non binary (or whatever the fuck) as long as the music is good and they've earned their place on the line up. This obsession with gender needs to stop.

Runs deeper than that pal but I don't want another argument

21 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I'd love to see ADTR headline the NME one night. I think they could sub the main stage though. 

Technically the slot they are in is 3rd down as it is a coheadliner. TBH you could swap ADTR with Wolf Alice and that would be fine, I just think Wolf Alice would suit the NME better and would cater to the more alt rock audience than RB/Paramore.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah but him and Noisia I think could have headlined that tent anyways imo..... But I kinda agree maybe she'll play slightly lower down the lineup.

Also, made more tweaks to my prediction, kinda ended up with an awful Sunday NME line up, and I'm worried the Friday main may be too rocky....

prediction.png

on second thoughts, this is too up my street to be real.. never before in all 27 years of the festival has there been a trio of headliners where I've wanted to see all of them, and then on top of that i'd want to see two of the NME headliners, two of the FR headliners and two of the 1xtra headliners. And that's before Chvrches likely slot in somewhere. So yeah needs some missable boring shite like Enter Shikari/Courteeners/Jamie T/Imagine Dragons stuffed in there high up to alleviate the clashes a bit IMO.

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

So yeah needs some missable boring shite like Enter Shikari/Courteeners/Jamie T/Imagine Dragons stuffed in there high up to alleviate the clashes a bit IMO.

Enter Shikari are not boring. How could you even say that lol, have you seen them live? Regardless on whether you like their music, they are one of the most energetic bands live and they put on an amazing show!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

on second thoughts, this is too up my street to be real.. never before in all 27 years of the festival has there been a trio of headliners where I've wanted to see all of them, and then on top of that i'd want to see two of the NME headliners, two of the FR headliners and two of the 1xtra headliners. And that's before Chvrches likely slot in somewhere. So yeah needs some missable boring shite like Enter Shikari/Courteeners/Jamie T/Imagine Dragons stuffed in there high up to alleviate the clashes a bit IMO.

You really think CHVRCHES will play next year? IMO it's a lot more likely they'll do maybe a secret set next year and sub the year after after the new album? Or maybe if the new albums blows up a bunch secret set next year, headline latitude 2019 then coheadline R+L 2020

Will Rise against still be around by august? If so, I could see them main or headline lock up. Although to be fair, I've predicted them to be there for the last two years without success. That poster is ideal for me other than the lock up but eh, would be nice to see Bury Tomorrow headline the Pit.

9 minutes ago, TapeRecorder said:

Will Rise against still be around by august? If so, I could see them main or headline lock up. Although to be fair, I've predicted them to be there for the last two years without success. That poster is ideal for me other than the lock up but eh, would be nice to see Bury Tomorrow headline the Pit.

No reason why they weren't booked this year

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

How great would it be getting Against Me! headlining the Lock Up. 

TBH that is probably more likely than my suggestion of PVRIS.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

I've just noticed Everything Everything's UK tour including an an Alexandra Palace date. Possible NME headliner?  

I'm guessing they're playing especially after how well their new album went down. Saw the start of their set (but then left for Carpenter Brut) and it was pretty good tbh. Pretty small crowd though so I dunno.... I hope to see them next year (have them pegged for 4th down main)

6 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

People do realise that good music and bands with female members aren't mutually exclusive right?

Yeah, but when judging a band on whether they should play a festival or not it should be purely on the questions of 'does this band make good music?' 'Are they good live?' 'Will they help bring the punters in?' and gender is absolutely irrelevant to any of these questions. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, KingPin said:

Yeah, but when judging a band on whether they should play a festival or not it should be purely on the questions of 'does this band make good music?' 'Are they good live?' 'Will they help bring the punters in?' and gender is absolutely irrelevant to any of these questions. 

Honestly stop posting.

• Downvote 1

Can definitely see a high slot for the wombats this festival. Sub at community and a new album on the way they'll probably sit 3rd/4th main stage or headline the nme tent.

Despite not being everyone's taste and languishing in that mid 2000's indie rock/pop phase that people seem to have got sick of now, Glitterbug was a good album and they are extremely good at hyping up a crowd. Pinned on to be there next year for me.

Royal Blood / Boy Better Know / Wolf Alice / Zack De La Rocha / Mastodon / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Fickle Friends / Basement / Astroid Boys 

Jamie XX / Desiigner 

The Story So Far 

Arctic Monkeys / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Stormzy / Don Broco / The Amazons / Creeper / DMA's / Alien Ant Farm / Milk Teeth 

Brand New / Nothing But Thieves 

Sleeping With Sirens 

Drake / The Chainsmokers / Panic! at the Disco / J Hus / Death From Above / The Hunna / The Neighbourhood / IDLES / HO99O9 

The Wombats / Jack Garratt 

Killswitch Engage 

54 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Royal Blood / Boy Better Know / Wolf Alice / Zack De La Rocha / Mastodon / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Fickle Friends / Basement / Astroid Boys 

Jamie XX / Desiigner 

The Story So Far 

Arctic Monkeys / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Stormzy / Don Broco / The Amazons / Creeper / DMA's / Alien Ant Farm / Milk Teeth 

Sleeping With Sirens 

Drake / The Chainsmokers / Panic! at the Disco / J Hus / Death From Above / The Hunna / The Neighbourhood / IDLES / HO99O9 

Killswitch Engage 

God I need uni to start again lol.....

PREDICTIONANDRE.png

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Jamie XX / Desiigner 

The Story So Far 

Sleeping With Sirens 

Killswitch Engage 

Surely the neighbourhood would be higher. Not their biggest fan but I thought they were still quite popular and improved on their 4th down NME slot in 2016??

Also don't think BBK and royal blood is a great mixture maybe them before Drake would be better and replace chainsmokers with a more rocky alternative to go with RB.

Rest look pretty good but the likes of chainsmokers and stomzy being so high of a possibility really disappoints me. 

FOO FIGHTERS, Twenty One Pilots, Wolf Alice, Don Broco, Lil Uzi Vert, Papa Roach, Alien Ant Farm, IDLES, Black Foxxes
// Future, Dua Lipa, Post Malone

KANYE WEST, Tame Impala, Travis Scott, Brand New, Creeper, Logic, Marmozets, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Honeyblood
// A Day to Remember, Mac DeMarco, Hannah Wants

ROYAL BLOOD & QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, Enter Shikari, Cage The Elephant, Mastodon, Neck Deep, Kodaline, Muncie Girls, Black Honey
// Tyler, The Creator, Anderson .Paak, The Horrors