Lineup 2018

46 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I think Paramore would be very strong, there are just so many big acts next year. I don't see why you'd book a juggernaught like Foos when you don't need to, imo they will save them for 2019. Even so that still leaves QOTSA (if they hadn't done a secret set I would have said no way to them but here we are), Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys etc.

I dunno if Paramore stands a chance vs. everyone else unfortunately (though I'd love to see them)

add that to the possibility of a my chemical romance comeback, them + paramore would be pandering too much to one audience I think

Reading Friday / Leeds Saturday:                                                                                                                                                      

Main: Royal Blood & QOTSA / Wolf Alice / Everything Everything / Beartooth / Spring King / The Amazons / Cabbage / Seaway                                                                                                                                                                                            

NME: Stormzy / Slaves / The Hunna                                                                                                                                                  

Festival Republic: Palma Violets                                                                                                                                                        

The Pit: I Prevail      

Reading Saturday / Leeds Sunday:                                                                                                                                                    

Main: Drake / Enter Shikari / Frank Turner and TSS / Don Broco / Sundara Karma / Creeper / Clean Cut Kid / WSTR / JAWS                                                                                                                                                                                                        

NME: A Day To Remember / Circa Waves / Anderson Paak                                                                                                         

Festival Republic: DMA's                                                                                                                                                                      

Lock Up: The Wonder Years    

Reading Sunday / Leeds Friday:                                                                                                                                                        

Main: Foo Fighters / Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Wombats / Jack Garrett /  Twin Atlantic / Swim Deep / Fickle Friends / Pulled Apart By Horses / Black Honey                                                                                                                              

NME: Clean Bandit / Nothing But Thieves / Deaf Havana                                                                                                             

Festival Republic: The Sherlocks                                                                                                                                                     

The Pit: Bury Tomorrow    

Edited by peruvianjoco

4 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Reading Friday / Leeds Saturday:                                                                                                                                                                               Main: Royal Blood & QOTSA / Wolf Alice / Everything Everything / Beartooth / Spring King / The Amazons / Cabbage / Seaway         NME: Stormzy / Slaves / The Hunna                                                                                                                                                                           Festival Republic: Palma Violets                                                                                                                                                                               The Pit: I Prevail      

Reading Saturday / Leeds Sunday:                                                                                                                                                                             Main: Drake / Enter Shikari / Frank Turner and TSS / Don Broco / Sundara Karma / Creeper / Clean Cut Kid / WSTR / JAWS                  NME: A Day To Remember / Circa Waves / Anderson Paak                                                                                                                                    Festival Republic: DMA's                                                                                                                                                                                               Lock Up: The Wonder Years    

Reading Sunday / Leeds Friday:                                                                                                                                                                                 Main: Foo Fighters / Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Wombats / Jack Garrett /  Twin Atlantic / Swim Deep / Fickle Friends / Pulled Apart By Horses / Black Honey                                                                                                                                                                                     NME: Clean Bandit / Nothing But Thieves / Deaf Havana                                                                                                                                      Festival Republic: The Sherlocks                                                                                                                                                                                The Pit: Bury Tomorrow    

I'd take that all day. I'd swap Drake for Kanye but only because there's actually some confirmation that the latter is touring Europe next summer. Royal Blood & QOTSA co-headline would be sweet. I do think Paramore & Twenty One Pilots are the most likely duo if a co-headline does happen next year. ADTR and The Wonder Years clash is evil.

9 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

I think Paramore could sub next year to a smaller headliner. They would still get a 70 minute set. Have them sub to Royal Blood and think that would look strong. 

Idk, I doubt it considering that they headlined only a few years ago and royal blood only have two albums out. If they were both on the same day they could possibly co-headline but paramore still have a much bigger audience imo despite their last album not doing incredibly well

Yeah Paramore subbing Royal Blood would look all kinds of weird. I don't think it's impossible that they could go back to being subs but it'd need to be under a huge stadium-size headliner, not a step-up with so few hits you can count them on one hand. Imagine them needing to cut out Brick by Boring Brick or Decode so Royal Blood can play yet another identical album track? Ridiculous.

Edited by Zac Quinn
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

I think Paramore could sub next year to a smaller headliner. They would still get a 70 minute set. Have them sub to Royal Blood and think that would look strong. 

Paramore would not sub, despite their last album they are still huge and appeal to a wide audience. 

15 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Reading Friday / Leeds Saturday:                                                                                                                                                      

Main: Royal Blood & QOTSA / Wolf Alice / Everything Everything / Beartooth / Spring King / The Amazons / Cabbage / Seaway                                                                                                                                                                                            

NME: Stormzy / Slaves / The Hunna                                                                                                                                                  

Festival Republic: Palma Violets                                                                                                                                                        

The Pit: I Prevail      

Reading Saturday / Leeds Sunday:                                                                                                                                                    

Main: Drake / Enter Shikari / Frank Turner and TSS / Don Broco / Sundara Karma / Creeper / Clean Cut Kid / WSTR / JAWS                                                                                                                                                                                                        

NME: A Day To Remember / Circa Waves / Anderson Paak                                                                                                         

Festival Republic: DMA's                                                                                                                                                                      

Lock Up: The Wonder Years    

Reading Sunday / Leeds Friday:                                                                                                                                                        

Main: Foo Fighters / Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Wombats / Jack Garrett /  Twin Atlantic / Swim Deep / Fickle Friends / Pulled Apart By Horses / Black Honey                                                                                                                              

NME: Clean Bandit / Nothing But Thieves / Deaf Havana                                                                                                             

Festival Republic: The Sherlocks                                                                                                                                                     

The Pit: Bury Tomorrow    

I'd be happy with this, Enter shikari then ADTR on the pit would be bliss.

23 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

Surely at that point theyd either coheadline or have Royal Blood sub to Paramore. They fallen off a bit but they haven't fallen off that much.

TBH, after how well their tour has sold I think it's more likely they'll be booked for next year now

Edited by Mattymooz

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Surely at that point theyd either coheadline or have Royal Blood sub to Paramore. They fallen off a bit but they haven't fallen off that much.

TBH, after how well their tour has sold I think it's more likely they'll be booked for next year now

Their tour has sold incredibly well, i think if anyone co headlined it will be QOTSA, considering that they still haven't sold out their wembley arena date. I can see a QOTSA/Royal Blood co headline.

4 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Their tour has sold incredibly well, i think if anyone co headlined it will be QOTSA, considering that they still haven't sold out their wembley arena date. I can see a QOTSA/Royal Blood co headline.

TBH I'm kinda assuming they aren't gonna play R+L again on this album if i'm being honest. Next year is already so competitive and if their tour didnt sell well + they're doing their own open air stuff I can't see a headline slot selling well. TBH it depends how the album is recieved, but I could easily see them just skipping this era/doing it in like 2020 or something.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I'm kinda assuming they aren't gonna play R+L again on this album if i'm being honest. Next year is already so competitive and if their tour didnt sell well + they're doing their own open air stuff I can't see a headline slot selling well. TBH it depends how the album is recieved, but I could easily see them just skipping this era/doing it in like 2020 or something.

They could be doing download.... QOTSA Metallica Ozzy as the 3 headliners.

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Hmmm yeah i could agree on that, I don't they are a big ticket shifter really, but can still them as a possibility. But to be honest i think Paramore are more likely now considering how quick they sold out.

3 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

Maybe I used royal blood as a bad example but it still wouldn't be surprised see Paramore subbing. Wouldn't be the craziest thing going but yeah most likely Co-headline. Just there tour went on sale today and seems be plenty of seating left and upper tiers been closed off. 

I would be Extremely surprised if Paramore subbed they could headline outright to be honest.

1 hour ago, callum97 said:

They added the Wembely date after selling out the O2 pretty quickly so its not really surprising that Wembely hasn't totally sold out yet. As far as I'm aware all of the standing tickets have sold leaving only a few naff seats left to sell. I've got a feeling they will headline next year, reckon it will all be part of the deal 'You can headline next year if you do a secret set at both sites this year'

Edited by suttttttt

5 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

They added the Wembely date after selling out the O2 pretty quickly so its not really surprising that Wembely hasn't totally sold out yet. As far as I'm aware all of the standing tickets have sold leaving only a few naff seats left to sell. I've got a feeling they will headline next year, reckon it will all be part of the deal 'You can headline next year if you do a secret set at both sites this year'

These 'deals' are probably more about the acts wanting to spread the headline payment out over multiple financial years for tax reasons than any kind of 'okay we'll allow you to headline next year if you fill a slot we can't fill this year' bargaining ploy on FR's part tbh. But yeah agree with your point.

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

These 'deals' are probably more about the acts wanting to spread the headline payment out over multiple financial years for tax reasons than any kind of 'okay we'll allow you to headline next year if you fill a slot we can't fill this year' bargaining ploy on FR's part tbh. But yeah agree with your point.

Would also add that QOTSA weren't just doing them a favour for nowt - their album came out that day and a day's work doing two short secret sets brought them a lot of publicity (reviews of the festival always give prominence to the secret set), and a lot of prominent advertising around the sites (and I think the only band advert in the lanyard) for their album and tour.  Not to say they wouldn't have got posters otherwise (there are often posters for bands not appearing at the festival) but don't think it would have been quite the big push.

1 hour ago, WFD said:

Would also add that QOTSA weren't just doing them a favour for nowt - their album came out that day and a day's work doing two short secret sets brought them a lot of publicity (reviews of the festival always give prominence to the secret set), and a lot of prominent advertising around the sites (and I think the only band advert in the lanyard) for their album and tour.  Not to say they wouldn't have got posters otherwise (there are often posters for bands not appearing at the festival) but don't think it would have been quite the big push.

I also reckon the fact that iPlayer only uploaded the 20 minutes of the set missing out No One Knows, My God is the Sun and Little Sister was down to FR. It would make sense to not show as much if they are going to headline next to leave people wanting more and making them more likely to but a ticket. That's just my take anyway! For them to cut No One Knows which is pretty much their biggest anthem seems bizarre to me if its not just a marketing ploy.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Let's give this a 2nd try

prediction.png

Kanye's day is still weird - Rag'N'Bone Man as FR headliner would never happen, Enter subbing him would all kinds of wrong, and it still needs a bit more urban and/or critically-acclaimed stuff in his undercard for day tickets :P Stormzy would work much better as the perfect sub/third for Kanye, both because of Kanye's role in Stormzy's breakthrough and because putting Stormzy as an NME headliner - especially against the weakest Main Stage headliners of the weekend - would be dangerous. Also I'd much prefer Anderson .Paak to play to a proper crowd as an FR headliner than to one man and his half-interested dog at 3pm on Main. but looks a lot better overall yeah. The Kooks and Pendulum clashing with Kanye and Arctics would hopefully lower the proportion of dickheads in the Main Stage headliner crowds so that'd be welcome.

Not sure how to make a poster but if you were to tweak the above slightly it could go:

Friday

Main: Royal Blood - Lorde - Dizzee - Don Broco - Brand New - Declan McKenna - Deaf Havana - Anteros

NME: Chvrches - Frank Turner and the SS - Wilkinson - Sigrid - MO

FR: Anderson .Paak

Saturday

Main: Arctics - Paramore - Wolf Alice - The Wombats - The Amazons - Fickle Friends - Alien Ant Farm - Cabbage - Slotface

NME: Pendulum - Jack Garratt - The Hunna - Lower Than Atlantis - Arcane Roots

FR: Foster The People

Sunday

Main: Kanye - Tame Impala - Stormzy - J Hus - Everything Everything - The Amazons - Tonight Alive - Creeper - Little Simz

NME: Catfish - Nothing But Thieves - Pale Waves - Nadia Rose - Stefflon Don

FR: The Kooks

Edited by Zac Quinn
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Kanye's day is still weird - Rag'N'Bone Man as FR headliner would never happen

I have no clue where to put him tho. I feel like hes gotta play next year as he blew up so much but I don't know where to place him...

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Enter subbing Kanye would be very weird, and it still needs a bit more urban and/or critically-acclaimed stuff in his undercard for day tickets :P Stormzy would work much better as the perfect sub for Kanye, both because of Kanye's role in Stormzy's breakthrough and because putting Stormzy as an NME headliner - especially against the weakest Main Stage headliners of the weekend - would be dangerous.

I thought enter subbing Kanye would be dope. Lot's of crossover in people who like both, especially as I would consider Enter relatively "urban" as far as metal goes. There is no way they'd do Hip-Hop for the top 2, let alone no rock for the top 4 as you suggest later on. And I don't understand what you mean about putting Stormzy against the weakest headliner to be "dangerous". IMO his crowd would be pretty awful compared to the people who would be interested in Paramore/Royal Blood.

6 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Also I'd much prefer Anderson .Paak to play to a proper crowd as an FR headliner than to one man and his half-interested dog at 3pm on Main.

Think he'd get a pretty dead crowd if he performed then though. Does he really have that big of a draw to put him up against one of the headliners? Especially as last year he opened wireless, a much smaller fest + a much lower placement.

8 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Friday

Main: Royal Blood - Tame Impala - Dizzee - Brand New - Don Broco - Declan McKenna - Deaf Havana - Anteros

NME: Chvrches - Frank Turner and the SS - Wilkinson - Sigrid - MO

FR: Anderson .Paak

Saturday

Main: Arctics - Paramore - Wolf Alice - The Wombats - Everything Everything - Fickle Friends - Alien Ant Farm - Cabbage - Slotface

NME: Pendulum - Jack Garratt - The Hunna - Lower Than Atlantis - Arcane Roots

FR: Foster The People

Sunday

Main: Kanye - Stormzy - Lorde - J Hus - Neck Deep - The Amazons - Tonight Alive - Creeper - Little Simz

NME: Catfish - Nothing But Thieves - Pale Waves - Nadia Rose - Stefflon Don

FR: The Kooks

Don Broco 5th down main? CHVRCHES booked that low down(they'll defo be subbing next time they play)? Paramore subbing Arctics? Catfish headlining NME (again easily sub level act), The Kooks pushed down to FR (again way to small of a stage)? Lot's of weird decisions here....

18 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

I also reckon the fact that iPlayer only uploaded the 20 minutes of the set missing out No One Knows, My God is the Sun and Little Sister was down to FR. It would make sense to not show as much if they are going to headline next to leave people wanting more and making them more likely to but a ticket. That's just my take anyway! For them to cut No One Knows which is pretty much their biggest anthem seems bizarre to me if its not just a marketing ploy.

I think it's probably more to do with them wanting to maximise exposure of the new album material, again just part of the marketing campaign for the new album that they wouldn't otherwise have got without the secret set..

I'm liking the Lorde suggestions that keep coming up - though would probably expect her to be an NME headliner against a rock act on main (similar to Haim / Muse this year).

There's some ambitious shouts for FR headliners going on though.

6 minutes ago, WFD said:

I'm liking the Lorde suggestions that keep coming up - though would probably expect her to be an NME headliner against a rock act on main (similar to Haim / Muse this year).

There's some ambitious shouts for FR headliners going on though.

Agreed I just didn't know who to swap to move her out of there. Plus considering her + kanye have a pretty tight relationship and I imagine have a relatively larger fanbase crossover I could see them being on the same stage on the same day.