Lineup 2018

47 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I'm not trying to push them I just think everyone is making a mistake if you think they're gonna be going down the line up rather than up it.

That Friday is amazing! i would stay on mains stage all day, although there's too much rock on there nowadays for R&L. Hollywood undead will be booked i reckon tho. can't see them booking ADTR to sub more like 3rd down if they book them. Although i would love them to sub! 

Saturday is pretty week in my opinion, think Killers will play elsewhere, but the Sunday looks good and realistic.

54 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think Enter Shikari will sub Download rather than play R&L in 2018.

Weren't you saying theyre more of a download band now because they were there more recently than R&L? cos it's only by one year. There's still a place for them over here for sure

29 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

kHVKTFK.png

As usual my lack of knowledge on indie, dance and hip-hop means I'll have probably made some unlikely choices and/or gotten the placements wrong for some of those bands.

Top 4 Fridays fucking sick. Creeper and Marmozets also

really doubt they'll have 3 repeats again though

Edited by Steve1000

16 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Are they that big though?

Communion sold 1m+. If their next album has two singles as omnipresent as King/Desire/Shine, they'll be subbing places. Kind of act that played R+L on their way up but never again once they 'made it', I think.

15 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I actually think that's where his day tickets would flop. Kanye is bigger with the indie and alternative kids than yer average grime fan. Tyler has a similar appeal so wouldn't be out of place but mixed in with Tame Impalas and other critically credible acts like that would be where the money is at.

Maybe a halfway house in-between then. But there are a lot of fans of his who are your typical hip-hop/grime fans, so putting almost-nothing on for them all day is asking for trouble. The comparison some people have made to what they did with Eminem this year is dumb, Kanye isn't anywhere near as strong a ticket-seller over here.

59 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

kHVKTFK.png

As usual my lack of knowledge on indie, dance and hip-hop means I'll have probably made some unlikely choices and/or gotten the placements wrong for some of those bands.

If QOTSA are gonna headline outright they need a strong sub with massive mainstream crossover, ADTR wouldn't cut it. Swapping The XX to their day would work, in the unlikely event they could be convinced to sub. Don't see RTJ returning so soon. Have London Grammar ever played R+L? Even if they have I don't think they, Kodaline or Clean Bandit will ever return in the future, in the same way Y&Y will never play again. With new albums on the way, Chvrches and Frank Turner will probably take up two of the slots you've got those three occupying. No other obvious glaring issues though, nice job.

Edited by Zac Quinn

32 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

kHVKTFK.png

You're never going to get a day like that Friday. Far too rock orientated. The same for that NME Saturday, however godly AFI into Brand New would be (clashing them with KSE is heinous, though). I think that The Story So Far could headline the Lock Up/Pit on their next album, also. 

I don't see why people are still expecting Royal Blood to be anything other than a headliner. Have you seen the tour they're playing? They're massive. 

I'm really liking Royal Blood, Drake (or another hip hop artist) and Arctic Monkeys as our three headliners. 

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, Stuielooie said:
I believe the Hunna have already started the new album and on sunday night they said they'll be back next year. 

The below guess is more what I’d like to see/what could potentially be possible in my eyes. Would be happy if I get 4 right.

Friday

Main

Royal Blood/Paramore (Co-headliners)

Stormzy

Brand New

NME

Bonobo

Vampire Weekend

Saturday

Main

Drake

The Chainsmokers

Panic! At The Disco

Don Broco

Foster The People

NME

Wolf Alice

Crystal Fighters

Sunday

Main

Foo Fighters

Catfish and the Bottlemen

Boy Better Know

The Wombats

NME

Chase & Status (Closing Set)

Phoenix

BIG SECRET

Arctic Monkeys (Secret Set)

Who I don’t think will be appearing (Who seem to be suggested):

Twenty One Pilots (Just finished touring their last album which was released over 2 years ago for nearly 300 shows. I think 2019 is more likely)

The Hunna (Will record a new album next year, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they just churn out another appearance)

Other potentials:

30STM

Fall Out Boy

Kanye West

QOTSA

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Live Nation chairman one month ago: "Twenty One Pilots are no doubt a headliner of the future, as are The 1975 and Catfish and the Bottlemen, who recently did Finsbury Park for us, where we sold 32,500 tickets." 

Guns N' Roses?

Are those two paragraphs related?

11 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Reading have posted on the event for next year that lineup is released later this year.... Do they mean the first names though, or the whole lineup?

First names.

3 minutes ago, WFD said:

Don't think anyone is saying they've delayed it?

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

They haven't delayed it, 1st announcement is around December time each year

ahh someone mentioned it though? or am i reading this wrong? haha

49 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Reading have posted on the event for next year that lineup is released later this year.... Do they mean the first names though, or the whole lineup?

55 minutes ago, callum97 said:

ahh someone mentioned it though? or am i reading this wrong? haha

The festival posted the line-up would be announced later in the year (which is a bit of a weird way of putting it but I can't imagine they would change the way they announce the lineup). Usually how it works is that the first headliner + some others get announced beginning of December, another couple of acts + headliner mid January, the final headliner and some acts late March and the whole lineup poster in May.

Curious to see what people think of my prediction (although this is definitely closer to hopeful than realistic :lol:)

Wouldn't have a clue for Dance/1XTRA stages, so no prediction for those :P

Main: Queens of the Stone Age / The XX / Wolf Alice / Lower Than Atlantis / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

NME: Stormzy / Clean Bandit / Charli XCX

Pit: A Day To Remember / Bury Tomorrow

FR: The Pigeon Detectives 

Main: Gorillaz + Kendrick Lamar / Royal Blood / Enter Shikari / Run The Jewels / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

NME: Vampire Weekend / Bloc Party / White Lies

Pit: Marmozets / Pulled Apart By Horses

FR: Kurt Vile 

Main: My Chemical Romance / Bring Me The Horizon / Panic! At The Disco / Brand New / Arcane Roots

NME: Bonobo (Closing Set) / MGMT / Metronomy

Lock Up: Weezer / ROAM

FR: Alvvays 

SECRET SET: Florence & The Machine

1 hour ago, tomgotbored said:

Curious to see what people think of my prediction (although this is definitely closer to hopeful than realistic :lol:)

Main: Queens of the Stone Age / The XX / Wolf Alice / Lower Than Atlantis / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Main: Gorillaz + Kendrick Lamar / Royal Blood / Enter Shikari / Run The Jewels / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

Main: My Chemical Romance / Bring Me The Horizon / Panic! At The Disco / Brand New / Arcane Roots

ADTR and Weezer sell out arenas :lol: They could both headline the NME. 

BMTH will headline next time they play. 

1 hour ago, tomgotbored said:

ADTR are far too big to headline the pit they will play 3rd down or sub main stage. 

Can't see Gorillaz playing but might be wrong

BMTH will headline they have definitely grown since last time they played.

Arcane Roots will probs do mid NME or high up on the pit again if booked.