Lineup 2018

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Oh hadnt realised Deftones played last year lol.

And I swear they usually have multiple most days? Like didnt Catfish do it this year with Arcade Fire? And Blur and Pharrel did it last year IIRC? If not my bad too :P Get rid of DJ Snake and Liam lol

Were all subs fella

Edited by Steve1000

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:
R&L: Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, Kanye West
V: Drake, Ed Sheeran
TRNSMT: Royal Blood, The Killers, Florence and the Machine
Download: Bring Me the Horizon, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold
IOW: Florence and the Machine/Major Lazer, Kasabian, The Killers
Bestival: LCD Soundsystem, Boy Better Know, Tame Impala
Latitude: CHVRCHES, Arcade Fire, Ben Howard
Wireless: ???, Stormzy, Kendrick Lamar
BST: Gorillaz, Paramore (+ more obvs)

I see Sam Smith subbed V the other year after one album and he has a newie out this year. Reckon he could be a headliner next Summer or will he drop off similar to Emeli Sandé? Could see him doing V instead of either of the ones I've predicted above.

Gonna go out on a limb and say all of Drake, the Arctics and Ed Sheeran are now in that 'don't need to play festivals unless they want to' bracket.. Sheeran's tour dates point towards him doing V but why would he, really? FR will obviously throw huge money at Arctics to do R+L but I could definitely see them turning it down in favour of playing an extra night at Wembley. OTOH Florence missing out R+L again would be weird to me, thought when people were excluding her from R+L predictions it was because they expected her not to be back by then not because she'd be playing elsewhere again. Is IOW definitely going ahead next year? That trio is such a step-up from the rabble they had this year, at least in ticket-selling prowess, that it would feel weird but maybe. They clearly need to drastically overhaul their approach and booking a trio that stinks of R+L would be one way of going about that. Only other one from that I'd majorly question is Ben Howard - don't know how long they're planning to drag this side-project thing out for, but unless it's already ready to go then a new album from him being out by next summer seems a bit of a stretch.

*Arcade Fire excepted but ykwim.

R+L: Royal Blood, Florence, Kendrick
V: The Killers, Taylor Swift
TRNSMT: Kendrick, Florence, QOTSA
Download: BMTH, Avenged, Metallica
IOW: Kasabian, Take That, random co-headliners like Ellie Goulding and Imagine Dragons or something
Bestival: LCD Soundsystem, James Blake, HAIM
Latitude: CHVRCHES, Elbow, Lana Del Rey
Wireless: Jay Z, Stormzy, J Cole
BST: Paramore, Kanye, Fleetwood Mac, Arcade Fire*, Little Mix, Foos

*BST surely have to start having repeat bookings sooner or later (in other words I couldn't find anywhere else to fit them in)

Don't see Damon still doing Gorillaz stuff next summer. Hopefully he'll do another solo tour, but failing that if Blur are about then swap them in for Elbow at Latitude.
Edited by Zac Quinn

16 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Deftones won't headline Download. Subbed it last year and aren't making the jump any time soon.

Not yet but I think it's possible eventually. They seem to be slowly growing, dropping successful albums and tours doing well. 

@Zac Quinn you're reading and T are weak af, wouldn't have 3 newbies, need a stadium filler. Also haven't IOW been saved by live nation?

Edited by Steve1000

33 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Not yet but I think it's possible eventually. They seem to be slowly growing, dropping successful albums and tours doing well. 

@Zac Quinn you're reading and T are weak af, wouldn't have 3 newbies, need a stadium filler

Mate I spent the last hour switching Foos between Download, Reading, BST and just doing their own stadium shows. I don't know anymore. They could play anywhere but I like the idea of them doing Hyde Park so I just put them down for that.

After R+L and Trsnmit (or whatever the hell it's called) didn't sell as well as might've been expected this year I like to think/hope they'd both change their approach for next year. Particularly when it comes to R+L, I know I've been optimistic in predicting three new headliners, but it's high time FR got their act together, took responsibility for the industry and started gifting step-up headliners sell-out crowds that had been hooked by the undercard rather than vice-versa. This year's 'let's book three big but incredibly boring headliners to sell out and pretend our shocking undercard was fine' tactic has resulted in something so embarrassing, particularly for an event with Reading's history.. I can't even begin to comprehend how bad next year will be if they try the same thing again.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Not even sure my Transmit prediction is that weak tbh. Comparing it to this year: With another album Florence will be bigger than Kasabian, Kendrick is more or less as big as Radiohead are. QOTSA's appeal is more niche than Biffy's but they're probably just as big a ticket-seller as them overall so that's fine given it's a day ticket event. You can argue that, seeing as it didn't sell out, they might want something bigger, but you surely can't say that what I've predicted there would be noticeably weaker than this year. :ph34r:

Edited by Zac Quinn

10 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Not even sure my Transmit prediction is that weak tbh. Comparing it to this year: With another album Florence will be bigger than Kasabian, Kendrick is more or less as big as Radiohead are. QOTSA's appeal is more niche than Biffy's but they're probably just as big a ticket-seller as them overall so that's fine given it's a day ticket event. You can argue that, seeing as it didn't sell out, they might want something bigger, but you surely can't say that what I've predicted there would be noticeably weaker than this year. :ph34r:

Not sure about them being bigger than this years bands, but they'll have someone established for sure, they'd never take a risk like that. Eminem, Killers Foos, Green Day  etc could do it

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Oh hadnt realised Deftones played last year lol.

And I swear they usually have multiple most days? Like didnt Catfish do it this year with Arcade Fire? And Blur and Pharrel did it last year IIRC? If not my bad too :P Get rid of DJ Snake and Liam lol

Catfish and Pharrell were both subs, but then DJ Snake and Liam Gallagher would both be in non-headline slots if they played.

Royal Blood + Kendrick / Wolf Alice / Travis Scott

Imagine Dragons

Florence & The Machine / Catfish / Vampire Weekend

Enter Shikari

Foo Fighters / A Day To Rember / Tyler The Creator

Jamie XX

Speaking of Shikari, what does everyone think of their new track? Personally not a fan

Edited by Steve1000

4 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Speaking of Shikari, what does everyone think of their new track? Personally not a fan

Yeah it isn't the best track they've ever done, but I think it'll get stuck in people's heads. The album will bang, regardless. They're the most consistent band of the past decade imo. They won't let anyone down with the album. 

Although part of me does think that they're a Download band now. 2018 will have been 4 years since they last played R&L and they used to be the house band. Get them subbing BMTH at Download. 

16 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Although DF will probably go with the safer Killers/Arctic Monkeys option I would love this. I don't think Kendrick would be that unlikely either as he's played T in the Park previously. 

Yeah all three nights would appeal to me, love to make a weekend out of that. I fear you might be right though, just had another look at The Killers' tour and they are only playing one night in Glasgow whereas the other three big cities they're playing (London, Manchester, Birmingham) all had a second night added. Ugh.

R&L: Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters
V: Drake, Ed Sheeran
TRNSMT: Muse, The Killers, Florence & The Machine
Download: Bring Me the Horizon, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold
IOW: The 1975/Major Lazer, Kasabian, The Killers
Bestival: Gorillaz, Boy Better Know, Tame Impala
Latitude: CHVRCHES, Bastille, The xx
Wireless: Tyler, The Creator, Stormzy, Kendrick Lamar
BST: Paramore, Kanye West, Arcade Fire, Smashing Pumpkins, & more

On 01/08/2017 at 6:15 PM, Steve1000 said:

Reading: Royal Blood (maybe Conrad) // Kanye West // Arctics 

Download: BMTH // A7X // Metallica

V: Lady Gaga // Drake

IOW: The Killers // Kasabian // Gorillaz + Chems

Wireless: Stormzy // Kendrick // J Cole

TRNSMT: Florence // The Strokes // Foo Fighters

Latitude: Arcade Fire // Lana Del Ray // Catfish

Bloodstock: Gojira // Judas Priest // Lamb of God

BST: Eminem // Paramore // Smashing Pumpkins // Foo Fighters etc

Changed abit

Edited by Steve1000

Just now, FUNKYBUDDHA86 said:

Hope the headliners be Arctic Monkeys, BMTH/ Royal Blood (co-headliners) and QOTSA.

Possible?

Be good to see Jack White, Everything Everything, The Shins, Kendrick Lamar, Weezer, Incubus, Marmozets, Frank Turner and Twin Atlantic on the bill too.

Kendrick will definitely be headlining next time he plays R+L. Not convinced QOTSA are likely for headliner either

On 07/08/2017 at 3:18 AM, Steve1000 said:

Changed abit

They've literally just announced Gojira at BOA for 2018!

Also, I agree with your DL18 lineup (A7X & BMTH would be the dream for me), although I think Def Leppard might be the Sunday 'dad rock' headliner now as they're planning on doing 30th anniversary shows for Hysteria 

27 minutes ago, danielle6661 said:

They've literally just announced Gojira at BOA for 2018!

Also, I agree with your DL18 lineup (A7X & BMTH would be the dream for me), although I think Def Leppard might be the Sunday 'dad rock' headliner now as they're planning on doing 30th anniversary shows for Hysteria 

Ooh didn't realise that :) Fingers crossed Nightwish to drop out no one likes them anyway and get Priest and LoG

21 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Brand New have announced a new album and two (just two!) UK shows for November. One at Brixton and the other in bloody Glasgow. Might make them more likely to be doing fests next summer to promote the album. 

The dates came up funny on my phone and I thought their past Biffy support slot at Manchester arena was a date of their own this year :( They better not break up without doing some more shows of their own although I fear that may be the case.

Still though, new fucking album! So stoked. Not been this excited about a new album in a long time.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

The dates came up funny on my phone and I thought their past Biffy support slot at Manchester arena was a date of their own this year :( They better not break up without doing some more shows of their own although I fear that may be the case.

Still though, new fucking album! So stoked. Not been this excited about a new album in a long time.

only having 2 dates is really poor IMO :( All my spazzy mates did the same as you and got so excited haha.