Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Had a shuffle around. Taken some people out, added a few in: 

Royal Blood (co-headline) / Twenty One Pilots (co-headline) / Wolf Alice / Tyler, The Creator / Twin Atlantic / Death From Above

Future / Anderson .Paak 

Kanye West / Boy Better Know / Panic! at the Disco / Don Broco / Nothing But Thieves / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

The Kooks / Jungle 

The Killers / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Vampire Weekend / Phoenix / Deaf Havana / DMA's 

All Time Low / Jack Garratt 

Looks pretty legit. Not sure about them still wasting mid-main slots on Twin Atlantic and Deaf Havana, and I don't reckon ATL would get booked to headline NME but yeah it looks like something that would happen.

Never heard of Extreme? Everybody knows their one song FFS. Poor booking IMO and they were mostly shit. Never heard of RMF? Do you even gig bro? :) ZZ Top were ace. They've sold more than QoTSA could ever hope to BUT I accept to the current gig going population QoTSA are more popular. Doesn't mean they won't play RMF. Be ready to be surprised :) 

1 hour ago, callum97 said:

Might need a bit of shuffling but just put this together 

RL2018.JPG

Yeah that's mostly looking plausible! I do think that Queens' plans next summer will keep them away from Download and that could make BMTH more likely to appear there I guess. I don't think Foos at Download is entirely out of the question either, weird that they have never played there. I can't see Royal Blood subbing and Hollywood Undead is a name I haven't heard in a long, long time, surely not that high up!

I think Pendulum aren't going to last until August next year. The band cited their collective frustration at constantly playing to disinterested festival crowds as a primary reason for them initially going into hiatus, yet their 'comeback' has been met with a lukewarm reception, even from fans. I reckon' they'll finish up their summer festival dates, drop some arena shows in the new year and call it quits after that. 

2 hours ago, devilman said:

Never heard of Extreme? Everybody knows their one song FFS. Poor booking IMO and they were mostly shit. Never heard of RMF? Do you even gig bro? :) ZZ Top were ace. They've sold more than QoTSA could ever hope to BUT I accept to the current gig going population QoTSA are more popular. Doesn't mean they won't play RMF. Be ready to be surprised :) 

I'm not saying ZZ Top weren't once massive but they're clearly not relevant in 2017. Queens had a number 1 album in 2013 and will likely have another this month (edit: I dunno with streaming counting actually, not sure how that works). ZZ Top haven't had a top 20 album since the early 90s. 

Edited by Odessa

Where will Jamie xx play next time he's around? Saw chatter about him headlining Other at Glasto in 2019 so do people reckon he could sub R&L on his next album? Reason I ask is because I'm trying to think of a suitable sub for Kanye next year. Eminem has had a dance act below him the last two times he's headlined so was trying to think along similar lines with Kanye. Just would feel a bit odd having someone like Courteeners/Catfish below him but I guess it's no different to having Kendrick sub The Libs. Not sure I can see them sticking a hip-hop sub below him and dedicating the top two acts for the night to the genre.

Actually could see Tame Impala working for some reason.

42 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Where will Jamie xx play next time he's around? Saw chatter about him headlining Other at Glasto in 2019 so do people reckon he could sub R&L on his next album? Reason I ask is because I'm trying to think of a suitable sub for Kanye next year. Eminem has had a dance act below him the last two times he's headlined so was trying to think along similar lines with Kanye. Just would feel a bit odd having someone like Courteeners/Catfish below him but I guess it's no different to having Kendrick sub The Libs. Not sure I can see them sticking a hip-hop sub below him and dedicating the top two acts for the night to the genre.

I could see them putting BBK below Kanye and then have them come out during Kanye's set for a collab. Would be great for their scene.  

As for Jamie, sub seems a bit high. NME headliner, I'd have thought. You never know, though. 

Edited by Andre91

6 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Would Reading get a reunited Swedish House Mafia to sub?

Nah. There are way more appropriate festivals for FR to put them on at.

38 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Don't think Jamie xx will be on his proper tour in 2018 but maybe 2019. Don't reckon he'd be too big for NME if deadmau5 and Skrillex played headline slots on the NME Stage and the Other Stage in short timeframes. Against Foos would be pretty good.

Tame Impala would be a cracking sub for Kanye I reckon.

Just now, Andre91 said:

I could see them putting BBK below Kanye and then have them come out during Kanye's set for a collab. Would be great for their scene.  

In 2018 people aren't gonna be watching Kanye, seeing Skepta and JME bounce on and saying "ah so that's what grime is". :P

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Don't think Jamie xx will be on his proper tour in 2018 but maybe 2019. Don't reckon he'd be too big for NME if deadmau5 and Skrillex played headline slots on the NME Stage and the Other Stage in short timeframes. Against Foos would be pretty good.

Tame Impala would be a cracking sub for Kanye I reckon.

Yeah good point, was thinking that Other headline would put them on a level with Major Lazer and Disclosure but I forgot about Skrillex/Deadmau5 doing that and headlining NME, as you say.

R&L: Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, Kanye West
V: Drake, Ed Sheeran
TRNSMT: Royal Blood, The Killers, Florence and the Machine
Download: Bring Me the Horizon, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold
IOW: Florence and the Machine/Major Lazer, Kasabian, The Killers
Bestival: LCD Soundsystem, Boy Better Know, Tame Impala
Latitude: CHVRCHES, Arcade Fire, Ben Howard
Wireless: ???, Stormzy, Kendrick Lamar
BST: Gorillaz, Paramore (+ more obvs)

I see Sam Smith subbed V the other year after one album and he has a newie out this year. Reckon he could be a headliner next Summer or will he drop off similar to Emeli Sandé? Could see him doing V instead of either of the ones I've predicted above.

28 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:
I see Sam Smith subbed V the other year after one album and he has a newie out this year. Reckon he could be a headliner next Summer or will he drop off similar to Emeli Sandé? Could see him doing V instead of either of the ones I've predicted above.

I can see him headlining V, he's been away for a while but I feel like there will be more of a demand for new stuff from him than there was for Emeli Sande. I've just had a quite terrifying thought of his new stuff doing really well and him headlining Glastonbury in 2019 but we'll leave that there.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I can see him headlining V, he's been away for a while but I feel like there will be more of a demand for new stuff from him than there was for Emeli Sande. I've just had a quite terrifying thought of his new stuff doing really well and him headlining Glastonbury in 2019 but we'll leave that there.

Yeah I thought the same once I'd began to consider him headlining V haha. His album will have been out getting on 2 years by the time Glasto 19 rolls around, mind.

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:
R&L: Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, Kanye West
V: Drake, Ed Sheeran
TRNSMT: Royal Blood, The Killers, Florence and the Machine
Download: Bring Me the Horizon, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold
IOW: Florence and the Machine/Major Lazer, Kasabian, The Killers
Bestival: LCD Soundsystem, Boy Better Know, Tame Impala
Latitude: CHVRCHES, Arcade Fire, Ben Howard
Wireless: ???, Stormzy, Kendrick Lamar
BST: Gorillaz, Paramore (+ more obvs)

I could see Drake slotting in as the 3rd headliner for Wireless potentially (So Sam Smith or maybe Ariana Grand ewould be a good shout after the One Love concert?). Also isnt Kanye in a mental hospital atm? I could easily see him waiting till 2019 to start touring again (and from your other post that would make more sense to have a 1975/Foo Fighters/Kanye bill as 21p would have made it a weak year). And I would peg QOSTA in for a TRNSMT headline imo over Royal Blood.

3 hours ago, callum97 said:

Might need a bit of shuffling but just put this together 

RL2018.JPG

As much as I love this, it is way to stong. Foo Fighters, BMTH, Killers, Paramore, Royal Blood and Catfish are all potential headliners in there own right imo. Maybe having 4 of them would be potentially possible but all 6? Very unlikely imo. Love the lower lineup though (and I could see Fickle Friends getting a bigger breakthrough by next year after releasing their album).

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I could see Drake slotting in as the 3rd headliner for Wireless potentially (So Sam Smith or maybe Ariana Grand ewould be a good shout after the One Love concert?). Also isnt Kanye in a mental hospital atm? I could easily see him waiting till 2019 to start touring again (and from your other post that would make more sense to have a 1975/Foo Fighters/Kanye bill as 21p would have made it a weak year). And I would peg QOSTA in for a TRNSMT headline imo over Royal Blood.

Someone from Live Nation or something said Kanye is coming to Europe next year, which is why I've thrown him in there. Same guy also said QOTSA are doing their own outdoor shows next year which is why I've not included them at any festival (although depending on how you look at it I guess some people may see TRNSMT as their own show).

For that 2019 one you could shove someone in as a co-headliner with 21P but both them and The 1975 will probably be massive by then.

Reading: Kendrick + Royal Blood // Florence // Foo Fighters

Download: BMTH // A7X // Metallica

V: Lady Gaga // Drake

IOW: The Killers // Kasabian // ? + Chems

Wireless: ASAP Rocky + Stormzy // Jay Z // Rihanna

TRNSMT: Florence // Noel // Eminem

Latitude: Arcade Fire // Lana Del Ray // Catfish

Bloodstock: Gojira // Judas Priest // Lamb of God

R&L: Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers
V: Ariana Grande, Kanye West
TRNSMT: Queens Of The Stone Age, Arctic Monkeys, Florence and the Machine
Download: Bring Me the Horizon, Foo Fighters (I can dream), Deftones
IOW: Florence and the Machine/Fatboy Slim, Gorillaz/Liam Gallagher, The Strokes/DJ Snake
Bestival: Faithless, alt-J, Skepta
Latitude: CHVRCHES, Arcade Fire, Tame Impala
Wireless: Drake, Stormzy, Kendrick Lamar
BST: Paramore, Rihanna, Ed Sheeran (+ more obvs)

I think this is more likely. Kanye could do R+L but there are already so many possibilities for headliner I think V will be more likely.

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:
R&L: Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers
V: Ariana Grande, Kanye West
TRNSMT: Queens Of The Stone Age, Arctic Monkeys, Florence and the Machine
Download: Bring Me the Horizon, Foo Fighters (I can dream), Deftones
IOW: Florence and the Machine/Fatboy Slim, Gorillaz/Liam Gallagher, The Strokes/DJ Snake
Bestival: Faithless, alt-J, Skepta
Latitude: CHVRCHES, Arcade Fire, Tame Impala
Wireless: Drake, Stormzy, Kendrick Lamar
BST: Paramore, Rihanna, Ed Sheeran (+ more obvs)

I think this is more likely. Kanye could do R+L but there are already so many possibilities for headliner I think V will be more likely.

Deftones won't headline Download. Subbed it last year and aren't making the jump any time soon.

Not sure what's happening in your IOW prediction but they tend to have co-headliners on the Friday (a normal headliner + a dance act) and then normal, outright headliners the other two days.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Deftones won't headline Download. Subbed it last year and aren't making the jump any time soon.

Not sure what's happening in your IOW prediction but they tend to have co-headliners on the Friday (a normal headliner + a dance act) and then normal, outright headliners the other two days.

Oh hadnt realised Deftones played last year lol.

And I swear they usually have multiple most days? Like didnt Catfish do it this year with Arcade Fire? And Blur and Pharrel did it last year IIRC? If not my bad too :P Get rid of DJ Snake and Liam lol

Edited by Mattymooz