Lineup 2018

Just now, Steve1000 said:

Korns a whole different can of worms tho, they still have a dedicated fan base who especially with that Eminem combo will snap up tickets. I doubt they'll get a big crowd, but they'll shift more tickets than Dizzee. 

Oh no dont get me wrong I don't think people will by tickets solely because they like Dizzee, but other than headliners I don't think most (weekend at least) tickets are sold on the basis of one act that they like. Again going back to the two door analogy, I doubt most people bought Friday tickets because two door cinema club are playing and they really wanna go see two door. However, two door do have a stupidly high amount of people highlighting them on clashfinder because lots of people have an interest in them. I think its the same with Dizzee, lots of people have a vague interest in him and will probably go and see him especially if it doesnt clash with anything else major (like the NME headline slot probably will).

I mean even if you look at the Glasto lineup for this year, he was closing the West Holts stage above Anderson .Paak whilst up against Major Lazer (who are subbing main this year) and Annie Mac (who would at least be a Dance headliner if not an NME closing set), and iirc he got a pretty decent sized crowd too.

None of Korn, Eminem, Muse, Fatboy, Liam, ATDI are particularly relevant but for 90s/ early 2000s kids like myself it's pretty great

Was more responding to the OP who said he shouldnt be in that high of a slot beacuse he isnt relevant by showing him that there are other acts on the bill this year who aren't relevant but have high slots anyway :)

@Mattymooz cba quoting but yeah I agree no one buys tickets based off one act it's a combination of acts, like how I don't think people are buying tickets just for Korn, people of that era have plenty of other reasons to buy tickets, Korn is one of the main convincing factors out of them though. I might be wrong but to me Dizzee would be a very small factor in people buying tickets. 

Think of it as booking Little T. Yes he'd probably get a big crowd, but wouldn't be a factor at all in people's decision to buy tickets

Edited by Steve1000
Fucked up grammar

41 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Royal Blood are bigger than Paramore? Really? Not sure I agree with you on that one

Don't see why not.

First of all Paramore have dropped off a bit since they headlined as the changed direction lost more fans than it gained.

As for Royal Blood; when they sold daft amounts of albums and opened up the Brit Awards and sold out every show on the spot, people said it was hype and challenged them to do it again. Now they're selling out huge arenas and shifting their new album at levels that two/three-time headliners can't match so when do they get considered big enough? :lol:

edit: FWIW Hard Times is still probably the best song I've heard all year and I enjoyed the album, whereas I haven't listened to Royal Blood and one of their tracks is the worst song I've heard all year, but it's not up to who I prefer.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

Don't see why not.

First of all Paramore have dropped off a bit since they headlined as the changed direction lost more fans than it gained.

As for Royal Blood; when they sold daft amounts of albums and opened up the Brit Awards and sold out every show on the spot, people said it was hype and challenged them to do it again. Now they're selling out huge arenas and shifting their new album at levels that two/three-time headliners can't match so when do they get considered big enough? :lol:

Did they? I have seen near universal praise for the album. If anything I think the lost fans off the back of the s/t album (but they coheadlined off the back of it) or from the fact it was a relatively long hiatus.

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Did they? I have seen near universal praise for the album. If anything I think the lost fans off the back of the s/t album (but they coheadlined off the back of it) or from the fact it was a relatively long hiatus.

It's so completely far from Riot! and BNE tho that fans stopped caring by this point. Critics have praised it but it only takes a brief scroll of the YouTube comments to find the hatred. Self titled sold much better and has enough for the pop punkers

Lyrically, this is their most emo album ever

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Paramore have approximately zero chance of being bigger at festivals than Twenty One Pilots next time out.

Hmmm. Not sure about that but if people are going for them headlining dont see why it can't be 2018, maybe Co-heading with Royal Blood or Paramore

Im sure there will be co-headliners next year, since '16 supposedly sold well and there are plenty new headliners about

Just now, Gozpot said:

Arctic Monkeys / Catfish and The Bottlemen / Wolf Alice 
Enter Shikari

Foo Fighters / Twenty One Pilots / Panic! At The Disco
Chase and Status

Royal Blood / Boy Better Know / Tyler, The Creator
Stormzy

Pretty sure they wouldn't leave that last day that weak. IMO it seems that you took the weakest headliner, sub and third and put them all on one day. IMO swap catfish and BBK, and swap Panic and Tyler and then it'll be better in terms of the quality spread

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Pretty sure they wouldn't leave that last day that weak. IMO it seems that you took the weakest headliner, sub and third and put them all on one day. IMO swap catfish and BBK, and swap Panic and Tyler and then it'll be better in terms of the quality spread

Maybe tho if they have a day which is all around stronger, day tics will sell faster so people would buy weekend tickets just for that day. I'd say Eminems day is much better than the others this year

Maybe tho if they have a day which is all around stronger, day tics will sell faster so people would buy weekend tickets just for that day. I'd say Eminems day is much better than the others this year

I guess but I wouldn't say that Muse is a weak headliner. If they replaced Muse with Royal Blood or a smaller headliner this year then that would have tanked weekend sales imo

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I wasn't saying they would particularly be in that order, i didn't put the days before them for a reason.

2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

I wasn't saying they would particularly be in that order, i didn't put the days before them for a reason.

I didn't mean that they wouldn't leave a last day weak, I mean that they wopuldnt leave any day that weak. It doesnt matter what day your Royal Blood lineup is for thats gonna be a really bad day.

2 hours ago, callum97 said:

how sure are we that Monkeys will have music out by next year? seems optimistic at the moment. I guess Reading will want to snap them up before Glasto do in 19'

I expect a new Arctics album out next april time at this point. If we don't hear about any new stuff by Christmas I think we can rule them out (though Eminem disagrees that bands need to put out new music before a fest)

What I don't understand on this forum is when I see some of the comments on such and such a band won't play reading anymore cause there not relevant to the crowd anymore and people are still suggesting The Strokes? I know they don't exactly play the UK very often and they are one of the pioneers of the indie revival off the 00's but the main she demographic are students and I'm more not many 19 year old know most of the back catalogue of the strokes. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

What I don't understand on this forum is when I see some of the comments on such and such a band won't play reading anymore cause there not relevant to the crowd anymore and people are still suggesting The Strokes? I know they don't exactly play the UK very often and they are one of the pioneers of the indie revival off the 00's but the main she demographic are students and I'm more not many 19 year old know most of the back catalogue of the strokes. 

I'd expect a lot of 16 year old fans of the Arctic Monkeys etc would get into them because of their status. If they can book the Libs they can book the Strokes

I'd expect a lot of 16 year old fans of the Arctic Monkeys etc would get into them because of their status. If they can book the Libs they can book the Strokes

I could see either of them subheadlining, but I doubt theyd go for headling/coheadlining as they don't have the same draw as many other acts. They may have coheadline I guess if it was like this year where there weren't many people around, but there are gonna be so many options next year with new arcitcs, killers, foos, paramore, royal blood, 21p, kendrick, kanye, 1975, BMTH etc. that there is no way they'll go with someone like the stokes who is just that high up because of their status 10 years ago